• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I knew they wanted to kill us. Didn’t know they wanted our stuff too. Wasn’t the pallets of cash enough stuff?

Well it was Iran's money. I keep wondering why people bring this up. Iran paid the United States for equipment that was never delivered. One of the conditions of the Iran Nuclear deal, was that they got their money back, plus interest. Some, I know, won't ever get it, but using someone's own money to persuade them to do something, doesn't seem like a bad thing.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Once someone goes to war with us all deals are off...all debts are off...nothing is owed again because you have gone to war with us so FU.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Exactly, I would say also once they overthrew the Shah's regime back in the 70's they lost any rights to it.

Overthrowing our puppet monarch lost the country it's rights to its money? I can get on board with keeping money from a country shouting death to America but I'm not sure them opting for self governance would be the dealbreaker.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Exactly, I would say also once they overthrew the Shah's regime back in the 70's they lost any rights to it.

Perhaps you didn't know this, but Shah took power away from the democratically elected government of Iran. Care to guess what nations helped him?
    Hint: They both started with "U."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Once someone goes to war with us all deals are off...all debts are off...nothing is owed again because you have gone to war with us so FU.

He's some more history. After the Shah was deposed, the Iranians asked the United States to abandon the embassy and leave the nation. They did so because, well we supported the Shah, and they believed that we might be undermining the Revolution. Well, were undermining the Revolution. We refused to leave, and the Embassy was taken. Even after a failed hostage rescue, the Iranians released the hostages the hour Reagan took office, as a gesture of good will. Iran minds it's business, until we made friends with a guy named Saddam Hussein. Hussein, now with American backing, decides to invade Iran, leading to a bloody war. So, if you're saying that all we have to do to write off debts, is start a war with the people we owe, they yeah, that consistent. But let's not pretend that our situation, today, isn't because of us doing some pretty shady things to Iran in the past.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That's not treason. It's a **** thing to do to Israel, sure, but it ain't treason.

Going back a little bit to this discussion of LEAKING intel to attempt to thwart an upcoming US military action...

THIS is just too coincidental... OK it is exactly what was going to happen... THIS WAS A WARNING IN ADVANCE.
    Saying otherwise is a lie.

This opinion piece was published in the NYT mere hours before the Baghdad strike.

Either the author channeled his inner Tom Clancy and had a remarkable coincidence in timing, or...

82474554_10112846402663018_6960128519032537088_o.jpg

81861551_10112846429124988_8223145488728195072_o.jpg

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Well it was Iran's money. I keep wondering why people bring this up. Iran paid the United States for equipment that was never delivered. One of the conditions of the Iran Nuclear deal, was that they got their money back, plus interest. Some, I know, won't ever get it, but using someone's own money to persuade them to do something, doesn't seem like a bad thing.

Just so I am straight on this. You see nothing wrong with giving (or returning) billions of dollars plus interest to a terrorist Islamic theocracy that openly and daily calls for the destruction of your nation?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Just so I am straight on this. You see nothing wrong with giving (or returning) billions of dollars plus interest to a terrorist Islamic theocracy that openly and daily calls for the destruction of your nation?

Sure! They were going to spend it on hospitals and public works stuff. None would be used for building nuclear weapons and funding terrorist activities. Honest.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

I think his point is this conflating giving and returning. Saying we gave them money sounds like a handout. Saying we returned their money we'd been holding has a different ring to it.

None of that's to say whether or not we should have given them the money back, just recognizing its us holding their cash.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I think his point is this conflating giving and returning. Saying we gave them money sounds like a handout. Saying we returned their money we'd been holding has a different ring to it.

None of that's to say whether or not we should have given them the money back, just recognizing its us holding their cash.

If you are state sponsor of terrorists, who attack the people holding your money, they have no obligation to return it

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

I really don't see any difference. The money (regardless of giving or returning) will be used to purchase weapons, spread terror and brutally oppress their own people. Anyone involved, especially Obama, has blood on their hands.

That money and those weapons are already being used against the US and our allies including Israel and Saudi Arabia by way of rocket and drone attacks.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

So you're saying giving something that was promised to another country in order to persuade them to do something you want them to do is okay? Just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He's some more history. After the Shah was deposed, the Iranians asked the United States to abandon the embassy and leave the nation. They did so because, well we supported the Shah, and they believed that we might be undermining the Revolution. Well, were undermining the Revolution. We refused to leave, and the Embassy was taken. Even after a failed hostage rescue, the Iranians released the hostages the hour Reagan took office, [STRIKE]as a gesture of good will[/STRIKE] to avoid serious military consequences. Iran minds it's business, until we made friends with a guy named Saddam Hussein. Hussein, now with American backing, decides to invade Iran, leading to a bloody war. So, if you're saying that all we have to do to write off debts, is start a war with the people we owe, they yeah, that consistent. But let's not pretend that our situation, today, isn't because of us doing some pretty shady things to Iran in the past.

FIFY.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So you're saying giving something that was promised to another country in order to persuade them to do something you want them to do is okay? Just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly. :)

Actually, the way you worded it’s kinda shady. But smart if you convince the other party to agree. :wink:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Well, it’s a grey area. Nation do what’s in their best interests. It’s above my pay grade to say when that is, but often that means underhanded dealings. In a perfect world, it’s not right, but we don’t live in a perfect world. We deal in the practical.

Further, Iran is a little fish, little fish can’t do what big fish do. Terrorism only occurs because the little fish don’t have the capabilities of the big fish. Big fish complain, but aren’t above using their little fish allies to engage in some terrorism themselves.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Actually, the way you worded it’s kinda shady. But smart if you convince the other party to agree. :wink:

Nothing shady about the way I worded it. It's done all the time and has been throughout our history. It's only a problem when someone on the other "team" does it apparently.

For example, giving Iran pallets of "their" cash in exchange for them "promising" to abide by nuclear deals (and then blocking inspectors and never really abiding by the spirit of the agreement) = okay.

Threatening to withhold military aid from the Ukraine unless they fire the prosecutor investigating the company of which one's son is a board member = okay.

Asking Ukraine to investigate possible corruption involving the second scenario as well as possible interference in the 2016 election and delaying (not withholding) aid by a few months when they don't do what was asked after all = not okay.

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County

So they gave us money for stuff they never got. So part of the Iran deal was to refund that money back WITH INTEREST, in cash....secretly in the middle of the night; whcich we delivered .....without a delivery charge? The money we gave them, since it was theirs to begin with, could be used for anything they wanted; like funding worldwide terrorism against the country that refunded you money with interest IN CASH, secretly...in the middle of the night; without charging a delivery fee.

I think it may have been a better deal if we told them to come and get it!

Top Bottom