• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Has anyone put out a good summary of what victory in Iraq and Afghanistan would look like? Are we just delaying the inevitable and bleeding resources by staying? Short of genocide we're stuck with occupation until bankrupt, a dictator or an Islamist govt. Right?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Has anyone put out a good summary of what victory in Iraq and Afghanistan would look like? Are we just delaying the inevitable and bleeding resources by staying? Short of genocide we're stuck with occupation until bankrupt, a dictator or an Islamist govt. Right?

Well, there was this guy named Saddam who was pretty good at holding Iraq together in relative stability.

Anybody have his phone number?

:):

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Jimmuh Carter invented “The Islamic Republic of Iran”.

This after Eisenhower, Churchill, and the Dulles Brothers had Mohammad Mosaddegh overthrown for the benefit of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi (and especially for the benefit of the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company).

I suppose “Ike” wasn’t yet “woke” to the “military-industrial complex” that he chose to decry on his way out of office, when it could no longer be of any use to him.

I thought they acted like the Brits played on our overblown fear of communist expansion and that played a big role to get us on board with the coup.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, there was this guy named Saddam who was pretty good at holding Iraq together in relative stability. Anybody have his phone number? :):

He was the best thing (for us) for Iraq. We botched that one up real good. Iraq shouldn't be a democracy. It hasn't earned it.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well, there was this guy named Saddam who was pretty good at holding Iraq together in relative stability.

Anybody have his phone number?

:):

I was 11 when that decision was made so it's all hindsight but we'd prefer he were still there wouldn't we? As it seems the most stomach able in the the genocide, perpetual occupation, dictator, islamist govt choice.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I think killing solemani--and doing it while he was fomenting chaos in iraq--was tactically important, and the right thing to do.

He was the leader of iran's efforts to destablize and control the whole region:
    *)Arming hezbollah
    *)Arming the houthis in yemen
    *)Attacking oil tankers and saudi oil fields
    *)As the head of the IRGC he was certainly involved in iran's nuclear weapon and missile program
    *)Sending shia militias to iraq to drive out ISIS (and attack sunni civilians) and then make iraq an iranian "sphere of inflluence
    *)Supporting syria in it's civil war and establishing itself there to attack Israel

Anyone complaining about starting or escalating a war, are ignoring that it's already going on. If nothing else, as long as US troops are deployed there, effectively shooting back at our enemies needs to be done.

All of the above AND Soleimani was in Iraq to plan more of the same, per the same US intelligence that pin pointed his arrival in Iraq. Per Sec Defense Pompeo, the strike was to disrupt planned terror attacks... the purpose of his trip to Iraq.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Honestly it feels like our military force should have been used to recarve the middle east into better shape states. If we are already going to spend the blood and treasure, try to at least get a stable Kurdistan out of it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    wait i thought we were all supposed to be scared about ww3, cnn. now you're talking about ice cream.

This is why none of this matters, it's all concern trolling, it's all to play up clicks and "orange man bad" crap.

They know it was a good move, they just aren't allowed to give him credit. The fake outrage will be over soon

ENYPKWuUEAUqdLa

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's a lot more than just a **** thing to do to Israel. It is giving aid and comfort to our enemies.

"Enemies" is subjective, and always has been. Does giving up intel to Russia in the Oval Office, concerning military, operations count? Selling weapons to Iran during the Iran-Iraq War? Lifting sanctions on Russian Oligarchs? We, the United States, has a pretty lengthy history of double-dealing to meet our goals. Thats as true now as it's ever been.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Honestly it feels like our military force should have been used to recarve the middle east into better shape states. If we are already going to spend the blood and treasure, try to at least get a stable Kurdistan out of it.

Might want to talk to the Brits about that, they already tried it. Didn't work out

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    All of the above AND Soleimani was in Iraq to plan more of the same, per the same US intelligence that pin pointed his arrival in Iraq. Per Sec Defense Pompeo, the strike was to disrupt planned terror attacks... the purpose of his trip to Iraq.

That what they're telling us, at least. Sound more like they are trying to justify it for the world. Everything GIJew said was justification. There's absolutely no need try and justify it some more. They just should have said he was dirtbag that needed to be dealt with, so we did, and ended it at that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Might want to talk to the Brits about that, they already tried it. Didn't work out

There's a reason for that. The British weren't thinking about how to partition the Middle East for stability, but how to carve it up for spheres of influence.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Jimmuh Carter invented “The Islamic Republic of Iran”.

This after Eisenhower, Churchill, and the Dulles Brothers had Mohammad Mosaddegh overthrown for the benefit of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi (and especially for the benefit of the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company).

I suppose “Ike” wasn’t yet “woke” to the “military-industrial complex” that he chose to decry on his way out of office, when it could no longer be of any use to him.

Yepper....
    Every bleeding heart administration had a hand in it. Always follow the money.... and/or power.

Here's Gores dabblings....

https://www.armscontrol.org/act/200...ore-may-violated-law-russia-iran-nuclear-deal

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You guys know that if we lose Israel, it's all over.
    I would lay down my life to protect it. Without hesitation whatsoever.

You? :dunno:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Imagine what a better world itd be if there weren't fairy tale stories, magic rocks and holy sites worth spilling blood over.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    wait i thought we were all supposed to be scared about ww3, cnn. now you're talking about ice cream.

This is why none of this matters, it's all concern trolling, it's all to play up clicks and "orange man bad" crap.

They know it was a good move, they just aren't allowed to give him credit. The fake outrage will be over soon

ENYPKWuUEAUqdLa

Not much left of that car.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

The people yes. The govt no. Israel is a nation that has forgotten it's history, and that's sad. I think American Jews have a better understanding of the problem with Israel than Israelis themselves. I strongly support the American branch, lol.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, I remember seeing photos of one of the first missile hits on a car (I think it was one Israel did). All the panels blown off, nothing left of the interior or occupants. It looked like somebody had thrown a cheap metal shelving unit into a fire

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom