• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Parsing? Dude, it's literally what Soros said. And you'd know that if you read another publication than the one that wants to spin it as an endorsement. The one you read did quote from Soros. But conveniently left out the context, likely because that added context does not support that it was an endorsement.

If you're upset because Soros dissed Trump, I don't know what to tell you. I don't think what Soros said amounts to anything anyone should construe as positive or negative about either.
    You post like you are clairvoyant, but probably deflecting. You used dozens, if not hundreds of words to spin a handful of words from Soros. Then tell those with a simple take they are “upset”.

Actually I about to split my side from this joke if a topic…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You post like you are clairvoyant, but probably deflecting. You used dozens, if not hundreds of words to spin a handful of words from Soros. Then tell those with a simple take they are “upset”.

Actually I about to split my side from this joke if a topic…
    I'll tell you what. If you want to infer some guilt by association, I can't stop you. But what I posted was what Soros said. Missing from the article, was the whole bit about hoping DeSantis would be Trump so that Trump's ego would drive him to run as third party.

I did not parse those words, I did not use a lot of words to misrepresent what Soros actually said. I did spend quite a few words talking about how your interpretation is logically falacious, and factually incorrect.

ETA: I forgot to address the "clairvoyant" stuff. Dude, I got that from Soros's own words. He wants DeSantis to win so Trump will run 3rd party. He said that. Did you not get that point from what I posted?

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'll tell you what. If you want to infer some guilt by association, I can't stop you. But what I posted was what Soros said. Missing from the article, was the whole bit about hoping DeSantis would be Trump so that Trump's ego would drive him to run as third party.

I did not parse those words, I did not use a lot of words to misrepresent what Soros actually said. I did spend quite a few words talking about how your interpretation is logically falacious, and factually incorrect.

ETA: I forgot to address the "clairvoyant" stuff. Dude, I got that from Soros's own words. He wants DeSantis to win so Trump will run 3rd party. He said that. Did you not get that point from what I posted?
    My interpretation needs no volume of words, it was negative at Trump, begrudging respect for DeSantis. It is what it is. This is boring…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well gents it's been fun swapping interpretations with you. I've got other things to do. As for myself I'll stick with my interpretation that it was meant as a hit piece on DeSantis by the author and it was presented to the thread as such. and that all of you DeSantis supporters are backing a Soros endorsee over Trump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My interpretation needs no volume of words, it was negative at Trump, begrudging respect for DeSantis. It is what it is. This is boring…
    I'm not sure "boring" is the proper adjective. If we're being honest.

I needed no interpretation of Soros. I just used what Soros actually said. And I did not impose a context that did not exist, which the article you posted did.

So let's grant that it's a negative at Trump, begrudging respect for DeSantis. So what? Is it DeSantis's fault that Soros didn't give begrudging respect to Trump? Is that it? What else is there that's relevant? Or are you still trying to salvage the fallacious guilt by association angle?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well gents it's been fun swapping interpretations with you. I've got other things to do. As for myself I'll stick with my interpretation that it was meant as a hit piece on DeSantis by the author that that all of you DeSantis supporters are backing a Soros endorsee and it was presented to the thread as such.
    That's indeed what the hit piece was doing. And it looks like the Trumpers fell for it. They swallowed that bait like Kamala Harris sw...nevermind.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm not sure "boring" is the proper adjective. If we're being honest.

I needed no interpretation of Soros. I just used what Soros actually said. And I did not impose a context that did not exist, which the article you posted did.

So let's grant that it's a negative at Trump, begrudging respect for DeSantis. So what? Is it DeSantis's fault that Soros didn't give begrudging respect to Trump? Is that it? What else is there that's relevant? Or are you still trying to salvage the fallacious guilt by association angle?
    It is just a fact. One can make their own determination of the angles…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Really? This is a pretty facile way to spin it.
    And in 2016, in a very close race in the states that mattered, enough people voted for not-normal because Democrats ran the worst candidate in US history.

I don't see how else I can interpret that statement than margin of Trump victory ---> Hillary bad

Nowhere do you mention or concede there existed many reasons that many people voted FOR Trump. Thus you simplify what should be a continuum into a binary - exactly what you claim you don't do but I do

It appears you are a fan of the continuum only when it supports your preconceptions

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Endorsement? My ******* ***!

Soro's comments were that DeSantis is "is shrewd, ruthless, and ambitious,” and, “He is likely to be the Republican candidate."

Likewise, “This could induce Trump, whose narcissism has turned into a disease, to run as a third-party candidate. This would lead to a Democratic landslide and force the Republican Party to reform itself..."

He's licking his chops that Trump will lose TWICE in 2024, losing the Rep Primaries, then running as an Independent and LOSING a SECOND time in the general... allowing his evil empire to keep power.
    So, shadowy billionaire, who has been working behind the scenes always to the detriment of America and in support of progressives, comes out and says DeSantis is the likely nominee and Trump will destroy the party and - barring existing negative Trump bias that such pronouncements align nicely with - we are supposed to believe him WHY, exactly?

Because he has our best interests at heart? Because he cares about ordinary Americans? Because he is such a patriot?

Because he would tell us truly what is good for our party? Seems like our enemies are still far more worried about Trump than they are DeSantis, so what does that tell you?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Because Trumpers [DeSantinistas] are so eager to latch onto any negative news about DeSantis [Trump], any bad news about DeSantis [Trump], real or not, is good news for Trump [DeSantis]. They'll just take it and spin it, because why waste a chance to gaslight people who might vote for DeSantis [Trump] in the primaries.
    Works both ways

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's indeed what the hit piece was doing. And it looks like the Trumpers fell for it. They swallowed that bait like Kamala Harris sw...nevermind.
    Check your news feed. Kari Lake turned on DeSantis over the Soros 'endorsement'

Looks like Mike isn't the only one coming to that conclusion

Waiting to hear why Kari is no longer America First and has turned into Guiliani with ***s in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, shadowy billionaire, who has been working behind the scenes always to the detriment of America and in support of progressives, comes out and says DeSantis is the likely nominee and Trump will destroy the party and - barring existing negative Trump bias that such pronouncements align nicely with - we are supposed to believe him WHY, exactly?

Because he has our best interests at heart? Because he cares about ordinary Americans? Because he is such a patriot?

Because he would tell us truly what is good for our party? Seems like our enemies are still far more worried about Trump than they are DeSantis, so what does that tell you?
    None of this even makes sens with any of the facts. Where the **** do you get this ****?

Now. Let me get this straight. And this is a sanity check here. You think this is an endorsement for DeSantis?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Check your news feed. Kari Lake turned on DeSantis over the Soros 'endorsement'

Looks like Mike isn't the only one coming to that conclusion

Waiting to hear why Kari is no longer America First and has turned into Guiliani with ***s in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...
    If Kari Lake thinks this is an endorsement, she either read the version from GWP where they selectively edited the remarks and imposed “endorsement” into it. Or she’s gone ****ing crazy too. And if it’s the latter, that’s too bad. It doesn’t hurt her AF cred. It calls into question her judgement.

Or, I suppose a third option is that she’s going along with the “crazy” because she’s picking sides early.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    None of this even makes sens with any of the facts. Where the **** do you get this ****?

Now. Let me get this straight. And this is a sanity check here. You think this is an endorsement for DeSantis?
    No, I'm saying that Soros is only interested in what would hurt America First. Extrapolating, if he really thought Trump going third party would result in a Democratic landslide, he certainly wouldn't warn us about it. Thus, one possible interpretation is he is more interested in scaring possible Trump supporters or donors away. Why would he want to do that if Trump really was pathetic? Why might he be interested in publicly saying things that are damaging to Trump? I think you're right that he wants to amplify the infighting but I don't think you take it far enough. Assuming he sees Republicans/conservatives/America First as the enemy, you don't interrupt your enemy while he is making (what you believe is) a mistake

You guys just can't conceive that he might be intent on damaging Trump as much as he can, thus you never have to consider WHY that might be so - because Orange Man Bad

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If Kari Lake thinks this is an endorsement, she either read the version from GWP where they selectively edited the remarks and imposed “endorsement” into it. Or she’s gone ****ing crazy too. And if it’s the latter, that’s too bad. It doesn’t hurt her AF cred. It calls into question her judgement.

Or, I suppose a third option is that she’s going along with the “crazy” because she’s picking sides early.
    Exactly. If you read the statement that Soros gave, he did not endorse DeSantis. IM wants to deal with facts so here it is. Soros was only giving his opinion of DeSantis. He did not say he supports DeSantis. Very big distinction there.
    Saying that DeSantis “is shrewd, ruthless, and ambitious”, George Soros delivers an endorsement of the Florida governor adding, “He is likely to be the Republican candidate.”

Seems to me the author of the article was framing it as an endorsement by adding his own take (deliberately IMO) to make it look like one. I call bull**** on the author and bull**** on Kari Lake as well.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom