• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Please name the leftist/globalist individual or organization that has begrudging respect for Trump like Soros gave DeSantis? I will wait the list.

Is it a dog whistle to the left to take it easy on DeSantis?
    Dog whistle. Dude, Kut has nothing on you.

Why do you insist that this is a compliment anyway? Here's the context. Soros said this at the Munich Security conference, conveying his hopes that Trump and DeSantis will slug it out in the primary.

He said of Trump that he's turned into a pitiful figure, and that Republican donors are abandoning him in droves. And said of DeSantis that he is "shrewd, ruthless, and ambitious" and will probably win the nomination. And hopes that Trump will have his pride hurt and will run as a third party candidate, splitting the GOP vote, and will lead to a Democrat landslide.

Everyone has noticed that Trumpers have lost their **** on this. So if there's a dog whistle, it's the one you guys are imagining. And I suspect that this gets the thing headed in the direction Soros wants. And we don't have to speculate about what he wants, because he openly said it. He wants DeSantis to win, and Trump to get butthurt--which we all know he will--and run as a third party candidate. And then we'll be ****ed for another 4 years.

My hope is that if DeSantis runs, they both run civil campaigns, and that they both will accept the outcome of the primaries. Just run on your strengths and neither should dismantle either, because ultimately, that will hurt the cause.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    “Saying that DeSantis “is shrewd, ruthless, and ambitious”, George Soros delivers an endorsement of the Florida governor adding, “He is likely to be the Republican candidate.”

It was not an endorsement. How do you describe the comments? I would find those to be complementary if they were said about me.

You read about Soros's remarks and all you get out of that is Soros complimenting DeSantis? And you say we're spinning this?

Shrewd, ruthless and ambitious. That's a complement? Seriously? An endorsement?

Saying, as a Democrat, that he wants DeSantis to win, so that Trump's ego will get bruised and cause him to run as a 3rd party so that the Democrats can win in a landslide. But all you get out of that is "AH! Soros endorsed DeSantis!!! You guys are supporting a Soros candidate!" :runaway:

And you think we're the ones spinning this? Soros said exactly what's on his mind. But no. No. You gotta find the spin that makes Trump the good guy in this. It doesn't make Trump good. It doesn't make DeSantis bad. It just reveals that Soros is bad.

But I suspect it's gonna work out just like he said it would.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I read a Yahoo! News article on it just to see what they're saying. They're basically saying Trumpers lost their ****.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Dog whistle. Dude, Kut has nothing on you.

Why do you insist that this is a compliment anyway? Here's the context. Soros said this at the Munich Security conference, conveying his hopes that Trump and DeSantis will slug it out in the primary.

He said of Trump that he's turned into a pitiful figure, and that Republican donors are abandoning him in droves. And said of DeSantis that he is "shrewd, ruthless, and ambitious" and will probably win the nomination. And hopes that Trump will have his pride hurt and will run as a third party candidate, splitting the GOP vote, and will lead to a Democrat landslide.

Everyone has noticed that Trumpers have lost their **** on this. So if there's a dog whistle, it's the one you guys are imagining. And I suspect that this gets the thing headed in the direction Soros wants. And we don't have to speculate about what he wants, because he openly said it. He wants DeSantis to win, and Trump to get butthurt--which we all know he will--and run as a third party candidate. And then we'll be ****ed for another 4 years.

My hope is that if DeSantis runs, they both run civil campaigns, and that they both will accept the outcome of the primaries. Just run on your strengths and neither should dismantle either, because ultimately, that will hurt the cause.
    You read about Soros's remarks and all you get out of that is Soros complimenting DeSantis? And you say we're spinning this?

Shrewd, ruthless and ambitious. That's a complement? Seriously? An endorsement?

Saying, as a Democrat, that he wants DeSantis to win, so that Trump's ego will get bruised and cause him to run as a 3rd party so that the Democrats can win in a landslide. But all you get out of that is "AH! Soros endorsed DeSantis!!! You guys are supporting a Soros candidate!" :runaway:

And you think we're the ones spinning this? Soros said exactly what's on his mind. But no. No. You gotta find the spin that makes Trump the good guy in this. It doesn't make Trump good. It doesn't make DeSantis bad. It just reveals that Soros is bad.

But I suspect it's gonna work out just like he said it would.

1676747502076.gif

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's it? No reasonable rebuttals? Certainly if what I had to say is so inaccurate, you'd have a decent counterpoint. At least one. Was the cognitive dissonance that uncomfortable?
    We agree on the facts, spin is our interpretation of those facts. Soros does not confide his plans in me…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We agree on the facts, spin is our interpretation of those facts. Soros does not confide his plans in me…

I'm not sure we do agree on the facts.

Soros confided in the speech he gave at that conference what he thought. So we don't have to guess on that. Here are the facts:

Soros wants Trump and DeSantis supporters to fight. He said that. He wants DeSantis to win, and thinks that this would cause Trump to run third party. He said that. And that would split the vote. And Democrats would win in a landslide. He said all that.

But what you got out of that, possibly because you only read the pro-trump sourced version of the story, was that Soros was endorsing DeSantis, which you interpret as guilt by association, even if DeSantis never sought that association.

It is my hope that the GOP voters aren't split. Democrats need to lose in 2024. The worst thing that could happen is for Trump to run 3rd party. The second worse thing would be for DeSantis to win the primary, and Trumpers be so butthurt that they won't vote for DeSantis. And the 3rd worse thing would be for Trump to win, and DeSantis supporters go all nevertrump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is that not clear?
    Well, the way you presented it, as if Soros is complimenting DeSantis, yet the context proves out no such thing. He thought DeSantis would win, and said why. He actually said that stuff.

Point is, you saw that as a negative for DeSantis because you thought Soros said something nice about him. Which is a logical fallacy. A compliment even by an enemy implies no guilt by association. Nevertheless, It wasn't intended to be nice anyway. He's hoping that it will result in a split ticket. That's what Soros said.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, the way you presented it, as if Soros is complimenting DeSantis, yet the context proves out no such thing. He thought DeSantis would win, and said why. He actually said that stuff.

Point is, you saw that as a negative for DeSantis because you thought Soros said something nice about him. Which is a logical fallacy. A compliment even by an enemy implies no guilt by association. Nevertheless, It wasn't intended to be nice anyway. He's hoping that it will result in a split ticket. That's what Soros said.
    Notice the comments on Trump can only be interpreted as negative, not so with the DeSantis comments…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Something else I want to point out. The article that Mike posted started out with:

Saying that DeSantis “is shrewd, ruthless, and ambitious”, George Soros delivers an endorsement of the Florida governor adding, “He is likely to be the Republican candidate.”

The only parts that are factual here, is the stuff in quotes. The part about George Soros delivering an endorsement, is purely editorial conjecture. It wasn't an endorsement. It was a plan for how Democrats beat the GOP, whoever wins the nomination.

The article doesn't report on the important stuff. Like Soros delivering his hopes for how this plays out. The whistle in the article, is to Trumpers to use this information to bash DeSantis supporters with. the whistle in Soros's remarks was to the Left, to do all they can to make it play out like that.

Don't let that happen. DeSantis supporters should not be seen as enemies by Trumpers. Trump supporters should not be seen as enemies by DeSantis supporters. Democrats are the bad guys in real life.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Notice the comments on Trump can only be interpreted as negative, not so with the DeSantis comments…

Given the context of the remarks, Soros is saying that Trump's going to lose, because narcissism, ego, loss of donors. And that DeSantis was going to win. Because Soros sees him as shrewd, ruthless, and ambitious. That he sees Trump as the negative and DeSantis as the positive does not provide the guilt by association you're seeking. He's giving the reasons why he thinks Trump will lose and DeSantis will win. And that's the outcome he wants because he wants DEMOCRATS to win in 2024. He does not want ANY Republican to win.

It's not an endorsement as your article spun it. You probably should have vetted it. Looked up what Soros actually said for yourself.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Given the context of the remarks, Soros is saying that Trump's going to lose, because narcissism, ego, loss of donors. And that DeSantis was going to win. Because Soros sees him as shrewd, ruthless, and ambitious. That he sees Trump as the negative and DeSantis as the positive does not provide the guilt by association you're seeking. He's giving the reasons why he thinks Trump will lose and DeSantis will win. And that's the outcome he wants because he wants DEMOCRATS to win in 2024. He does not want ANY Republican to win.

It's not an endorsement as your article spun it. You probably should have vetted it. Looked up what Soros actually said for yourself.
    For all you parsing, he said what the article says he said. I disagree with their characterization it was an endorsement but most would rather be noted as he did DeSantis not Trump.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If Soros believes DeSantis is the stronger candidate, how can he possibly want him to win? I agree with jamil. Soros has an ulterior motive by saying what he did.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For all you parsing, he said what the article says he said. I disagree with their characterization it was an endorsement but most would rather be noted as he did DeSantis not Trump.
    Parsing? Dude, it's literally what Soros said. And you'd know that if you read another publication than the one that wants to spin it as an endorsement. The one you read did quote from Soros. But conveniently left out the context, likely because that added context does not support that it was an endorsement.

If you're upset because Soros dissed Trump, I don't know what to tell you. I don't think what Soros said amounts to anything anyone should construe as positive or negative about either.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If Soros believes DeSantis is the stronger candidate, how can he possibly want him to win? I agree with jamil. Soros has an ulterior motive by saying what he did.
    Plus, there's the whole thing about literally saying it. Basically the gist of it, Soros told the conference that he hopes DeSantis beats Trump in the Primaries, and that because of Trump's ego, he is hopeful that Trump will run as a 3rd party candidate. Which would guarantee a democrat landslide. The message wasn't Trump bad, DeSantis good. He was saying DeSantis win == democrat landslide.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I wonder if DeSantis has thanked Soros for the compliment/endorsement?

Top Bottom