Possible carjacking setup? or oops, I am in the wrong lane?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Last night my wife was near Lynhurst & Minnesota bringing our son back from a trailer drop lot 9pm'ish.

She was stopped in a lane at a light, no one else within sight. An suv came into the lane next to her, then pulled in front of her diagonally & stopped.

She pulled around them & went safely through the red light, no one else was there or coming.

Our son & friend were a little freaked out.

May have just been an oops moment for the other party, nevertheless I am glad she was staying aware of her surroundings.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't know what an oops moment is, but that right there sounds like a too close for comfort situation.

She didn't freeze up and sounds like she did what a smart mom should do.

What kind of vehicle does your wife drive? Is it a popular one to steal, I'm thinking?

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I don't know what an oops moment is, but that right there sounds like a too close for comfort situation.

She didn't freeze up and sounds like she did what a smart mom should do.

What kind of vehicle does your wife drive? Is it a popular one to steal, I'm thinking?

(oops moment of the possible thought process of the other driver)

I wouldn't think it would really be a theft target as it is an 04 Camry but I am not up to speed on such things.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sometimes it's just an idiot being an idiot, but no sense risking that that is all it is. Avoid, evade, defend.
    This.

Though it might have been nice to see a thug with a gun get out and get creamed by her accelerating over him and out of the situation. I love it when there is a happy ending to stories like that. But glad it didnt happen because that would be hell on her and the kid.

Good on her for not giving them time to decide it was time to get out and go to work.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    most likely someone intoxicated.

criminals are frequently renting vehicles for crimes, but live carjacking seems to be more targeted at modern Mopar & such performance vehicles

Top Bottom