• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    They already know the answer, we have to figure it out…

I'll be curious to see this unfold in the future, a lot will depend on how things are economically in this country. Trump jumped on the populist horse and rode it to victory against the dc machine candidate. My feeling though is that will never happen again.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I implied nothing as I did not even comment on it, just posted a link…
    You said that Soros complemented DeSantis. I think that confirms what you intended to imply by posting it.

Let’s flip it. If Soros said the same thing about Trump, I am confident that you would be capable of accurately accessing what it means. However, since it is about someone you see as a threat to Trump, you’re incapable of the same judgement when it’s DeSantis.

Soros saying that about DeSantis is no more a complement or indicative of any kind of endorsement than it would be if he said the same of Trump. I suspect Soros is playing you and other devout Trumpers, because you will blindly interpret everything in a way that favors Trump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'll be curious to see this unfold in the future, a lot will depend on how things are economically in this country. Trump jumped on the populist horse and rode it to victory against the dc machine candidate. My feeling though is that will never happen again.

For an antiestablishment candidate to win, they’d need to act like establishment, at least enough to avoid the onslaught from the left and the right. But then they alienate the antiestablishment. I don’t think any potential candidates in the race have that kind of game to pull that off and be an antiestablishment POTUS. I think it looks grim.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Wow! You Trumpsters (including the treehouse) must be pretty desperate and DeSantis hasn't even announced.

Trump is very vulnerable and on the ropes, and the first round hasn't even started. :lmfao:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I didn’t see an endorsement by Soro’s, just a statement. Could have said same exact thing about Trump. I could say the same thing about Biden or Hillary but that doesn’t mean I endorse them. Like what was said above looks like a Trump org. Playing CNN tactics with word play.
    Not quite sure you could say that Biden is shrewd, at least not with a straight face.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Which is just another way to avoid dealing with the statement. If you laugh at it, maybe people won’t notice you don’t have a reasoned counterpoint.
    This is his favorite emoji he likes to use for those occasions. :lmfao:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wouldn’t put it past soros to donate to both. Why not give them more resources with which to attack each other during primaries? Either entering the general election weaker is better for democrats.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are the one reading into it what you will. Hmmm it's interesting that Soros complimented DeSantis. The FACT is that it was wholly unsolicited by DeSantis.
    He read into it that it was an endorsement. He called it a compliment. After saying he didn't read anything into it. And only posted it because it was...interesting. Nah. He's just unwittingly helping Soros sow division. Trumpers vs DeSantisers. DeSantiseisers. Whatever. Anyway, there is no reason GOP has to destroy the people competing with their favorite candidate. Well. There is no reasonable cause for it. Which doesn't stop ideologically possessed people from pursuing it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The fact is, Soros, a guy that is against EVERYTHING I STAND FOR, including the constitution, complemented Desantis. Read into that what you will. Apparently you read that as a big negative from your reaction.
    You are the one reading into it what you will. Hmmm it's interesting that Soros complimented DeSantis. The FACT is that it was wholly unsolicited by DeSantis.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You said that Soros complemented DeSantis. I think that confirms what you intended to imply by posting it.

Let’s flip it. If Soros said the same thing about Trump, I am confident that you would be capable of accurately accessing what it means. However, since it is about someone you see as a threat to Trump, you’re incapable of the same judgement when it’s DeSantis.

Soros saying that about DeSantis is no more a complement or indicative of any kind of endorsement than it would be if he said the same of Trump. I suspect Soros is playing you and other devout Trumpers, because you will blindly interpret everything in a way that favors Trump.
    Please name the leftist/globalist individual or organization that has begrudging respect for Trump like Soros gave DeSantis? I will wait the list.

Is it a dog whistle to the left to take it easy on DeSantis?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    He read into it that it was an endorsement. He called it a compliment.
    “Saying that DeSantis “is shrewd, ruthless, and ambitious”, George Soros delivers an endorsement of the Florida governor adding, “He is likely to be the Republican candidate.”

It was not an endorsement. How do you describe the comments? I would find those to be complementary if they were said about me.

Top Bottom