• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, I'm saying that Soros is only interested in what would hurt America First. Extrapolating, if he really thought Trump going third party would result in a Democratic landslide, he certainly wouldn't warn us about it. Thus, one possible interpretation is he is more interested in scaring possible Trump supporters or donors away. Why would he want to do that if Trump really was pathetic? Why might he be interested in publicly saying things that are damaging to Trump? I think you're right that he wants to amplify the infighting but I don't think you take it far enough. Assuming he sees Republicans/conservatives/America First as the enemy, you don't interrupt your enemy while he is making (what you believe is) a mistake

You guys just can't conceive that he might be intent on damaging Trump as much as he can, thus you never have to consider WHY that might be so - because Orange Man Bad
    I think you’re overthinking it. There’s no reason for him not to say what’s on his mind. It won’t affect the outcome other than possibly making it more likely. All the Trumpers reacted the same way. Of course with GWP’s help. Their instincts were that it’s an endorsement. And that drives more conflict within the GOP, not less.

The way not to let it happen is not to react to things Soros says. But also for Trump and DeSantis to run a gentleman’s race. And not provoke faction wars.

Last edited:
    Reactions: KG1

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Exactly. If you read the statement that Soros gave, he did not endorse DeSantis. IM wants to deal with facts so here it is. Soros was only giving his opinion of DeSantis. He did not say he supports DeSantis. Very big distinction there.

Seems to me the author of the article was framing it as an endorsement by adding his own take (deliberately IMO) to make it look like one. I call bull**** on the author and bull**** on Kari Lake as well.
    I posted a link to the video of Soros with the full statement. Not the doctored version from GWP. The link Mike posted wasn’t GWP, but GWP broke the story on the conservative side and Mike’s source likely got it from them.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No, I'm saying that Soros is only interested in what would hurt America First. Extrapolating, if he really thought Trump going third party would result in a Democratic landslide, he certainly wouldn't warn us about it. Thus, one possible interpretation is he is more interested in scaring possible Trump supporters or donors away. Why would he want to do that if Trump really was pathetic? Why might he be interested in publicly saying things that are damaging to Trump? I think you're right that he wants to amplify the infighting but I don't think you take it far enough. Assuming he sees Republicans/conservatives/America First as the enemy, you don't interrupt your enemy while he is making (what you believe is) a mistake

You guys just can't conceive that he might be intent on damaging Trump as much as he can, thus you never have to consider WHY that might be so - because Orange Man Bad
    I don't think you are getting the intent of the author of the article. It's clear in mid mind that it was intended to be a hit piece on DeSantis by a rabid Trump supporter with the misleading word play he used throughout beginning with the title. Basically, by framing it as an "endorsement" he is trying to turn off potential primary GOP voters for DeSantis.

Jamil and I have both been saying that it's a case of. "Hey GOP voters. are you gonna vote for a Soros endorsed candidate over Trump?"

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't think you are getting the intent of the author of the article. It's clear in mid mind that it was intended to be a hit piece on DeSantis by a rabid Trump supporter by the misleading word play he used throughout. Basically by framing it as an "endorsement" he is trying to turn off potential primary GOP voters for DeSantis.

Jamil and I have both been saying that it's a case of. "Hey GOP voters. are you gonna vote for a Soros endorsed candidate over Trump?"
    And about that. It’s ridiculous to choose who you vote for by who says nice things about that candidate. I’m sure the Trumpers know this and would not fall for that fallacy if Soros had flipped it and said the same thing about Trump. But then, GWP et al would not have spun it the way they spun it.

Which highlights the folly of relying on activist news sources, even if you think they’re on your side.

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And about that. It’s ridiculous to choose who you vote for by who says nice things about that candidate. I’m sure the Trumpers know this and would not fall for that fallacy if Soros had flipped it and said the same thing about Trump. But then, GWP et al would not have spun it the way they spun it.

Which highlights the folly of relying on activist news sources, even if you think they’re on your side.
    It's flat out obvious that there was an agenda by the way it was framed, and Kari Lake is scooping up the bull**** and running with it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's flat out obvious that there was an agenda by the way it was framed. And Kari Lake is scooping up the bull**** and running with it.
    Depends on whether one’s bias allows them to see it that way. I am hopimg people will see what Soros actually said. And see how the pro-Trump media manipulated it to get them riled up.

Nothing pisses me off more than someone I trust lying to me to manipulate me. I used to think GWP was pretty good. Until I caught them doing **** just like this. No second chances. Yer done. GWP does publish some straight up good journalism. But they lied to me once. No more trust. They burned it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I posted a link to the video of Soros with the full statement. Not the doctored version from GWP. The link Mike posted wasn’t GWP, but GWP broke the story on the conservative side and Mike’s source likely got it from them.
    Completely bassackward, GWP did later report what Conservative Treehouse reported…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Depends on whether one’s bias allows them to see it that way. I am hopimg people will see what Soros actually said. And see how the pro-Trump media manipulated it to get them riled up.

Nothing pisses me off more than someone I trust lying to me to manipulate me. I used to think GWP was pretty good. Until I caught them doing **** just like this. No second chances. Yer done. GWP does publish some straight up good journalism. But they lied to me once. No more trust. They burned it.
    If one is to be intellectually honest about what Soros actually said it was an opinion. The way it was spun as an "endorsement" is bull****

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There certainly is an inexplicable level of feelings about a simple news source going on…
    Oh. It’s quite explainable. They keep manipulating people like you. I just don’t let them manipulate me anymore. Doesn’t it **** you off? Did you listen to what Soros actually said. And then read how GWP manipulated it to change the meaning? Or Idunno. Maybe you can’t unhear the GWP version.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Completely bassackward, GWP did later report what Conservative Treehouse reported…
    Okay. I’ll take your word for it. So it’s Conservative Treehouse that lied to you. And GWP perpetuated it. If GWP were honest they’d report what Soros actually said. Well. So would CTH.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh. It’s quite explainable. They keep manipulating people like you. I just don’t let them manipulate me anymore. Doesn’t it **** you off? Did you listen to what Soros actually said. And then read how GWP manipulated it to change the meaning? Or Idunno. Maybe you can’t unhear the GWP version.
    I am able to dispassionately view news from many sources and not get emotional about them. GWP often posts info from other sites, as in this case, though I suspect they agree with CT, but I can see through a lot if that stuff.

Top Bottom