• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    “If they don’t have a majority of the teachers who are actually signing up to pay dues, it should be decertified,” DeSantis said in Dec. 2022. “You shouldn’t be able to continue as a zombie organization that doesn’t have the support of the people you are supposedly negotiating for.”

Most observers were largely dismissive of DeSantis’ rhetoric at the time, arguing that his anti-union polemics pleased his base but would produce few tangible results.

But one year later, the Sunshine State’s largest and most powerful teachers union is now up against the wall.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Aren't they all tho? When you poll > 50% the rest combined are irrelevant unless they can cut into Trump's lead. I don't really see that happening unless something drastically changes.

Regardless I really like to hear Ramaswamy talk. Still not sure I trust him. But I do like what I hear. But Ramaswamy is down in Christi territory. His relevance is his messaging. DeSantis doesn't have that. I don't even know what DeSantis's messaging is anymore.

View attachment 322422
    I must confess I don't understand why 'swamy is polling so low. I would think he should be in the same territory as DeSantis and Haley

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And DeSantis doesn't?

If you're America-first, and you'd prefer someone besides Trump, you got Ramaswamy or DeSantis. DeSantis isn't competing all that well either. Was your question really about why Ramaswamy isn't polling higher than DeSantis?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Personally, I would have no reservations if either DeSantis or Ramaswamy were the nominee besides Trump to represent the core AF things that I value. I think they both genuinely believe in them. Jebley and Crispy Creme on the other hand sure as hell don't even come close to representing everything, I believe in.

That being said they're never gonna surpass the AF top dog for the nomination this time no matter how hard they play. Trump has the solid base momentum assisted by the left. They only galvanize his support with every attempt to take him out.

DeSantis and Ramaswamy can't compete with that. In the same campaign space AF will always back Trump in greater numbers as long as he's running.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Personally, I would have no reservations if either DeSantis or Ramaswamy were the nominee besides Trump to represent the core AF things that I value. I think they both genuinely believe in them. Jebley and Crispy Creme sure as hell don't even come close to representing everything, I believe in.

That being said they're never gonna surpass the AF top dog for the nomination this time no matter how hard they play. Trump has the solid base momentum assisted by the left. It only galvanizes his support with every attempt to take him out.

DeSantis and Ramaswamy can't compete with that. In the same space AF will always back Trump in greater numbers as long as he's running.
    In a way Trump has proven that there is no such thing as bad publicity. Granted, it is fodder for the media. And it does do some damage. But it also did, as you said, galvanize people around him in a way that gives him a better chance to win than if they hadn’t tried to prosecute him.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If you're America-first, and you'd prefer someone besides Trump, you got Ramaswamy or DeSantis. DeSantis isn't competing all that well either. Was your question really about why Ramaswamy isn't polling higher than DeSantis?
    No. If DeSantis and 'swamy are in the same lane, I would think being too Trump-adjacent would hurt them both equally. It is possible others get the snake-oil salesman vibe off him as well, but politics is 20% policy and 80% personality and 'swamy is way out in front of Tenacious D and Haley on the 80%. I really don't understand what is holding him down in the Christie zone

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In a way Trump has proven that there is no such thing as bad publicity. Granted, it is fodder for the media. And it does do some damage. But it also did, as you said, galvanize people around him in a way that gives him a better chance to win than if they hadn’t tried to prosecute him.
    I still really like 'swamy as attack dog/VP this time around. I think being somewhat ethnic helps stave off the idea that the VP has to be a woman. Haley is of course a disaster and would be untrustworthy and Stefanik seems to be making a play as well. I don't know enough about her to parse her trustworthiness

Not impressed with recent women as national leaders on the world stage (donning flame-proof suit now)

Top Bottom