• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What in there is suggesting anything? He went to Yale and Harvard, if conservatives have learned anything it that the Ivy League grads are at best questionable. Asking who funded him is problematic?
    I mean we do have the benefit of having the whole thread and where the conversation went WRT CFG.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Dude, you're coming unhinged
    LOL WUT?
    We don't make the rules, circumstances do. Given the fact that DeSantis has totally burnt down his chances in '24, and the stench of how he handled things will still stick to him in '28, you don't sound much like your old 'actions have consequences' self
    We all know the score. DeSantis is a pretty good policy maker, administrator, governor. Not a great candidate. Trump will win the primaries barring something out of the ordinary.

But. That has nothing to do with the subject at the moment, which is this "rule" thing. You guys started acting like you don't know what people are talking about, and I'm like, hey. Wait a minute. You guys complained hard about DeSantis betraying Trump by running. Ya know ya did. Ain't no butt hurt here about that. But ya know you whined about that. I just called you out on it.

People who like Trump are not going to be inclined to look favorably upon DeSantis' future endeavors, and A LOT of people like Trump - if you believe the polling, about 4x as many as like DeSantis. Do the math, he would have been much better off to have waited until '28, but no- he thought it was his time and he could shiv Trump because;expediency

The proof something something pudding (fingers)
    And I get it. you're still butthurt about it and you hold a grudge. Now Mike seemed to have recanted his butthurt. Says we need some AF people waiting in the wings or whatever. So not everyone is too petty to see what time it is.

Shiv Trump. :rolleyes: You prove my point.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But. That has nothing to do with the subject at the moment, which is this "rule" thing. You guys started acting like you don't know what people are talking about, and I'm like, hey. Wait a minute. You guys complained hard about DeSantis betraying Trump by running. Ya know ya did. Ain't no butt hurt here about that. But ya know you whined about that. I just called you out on it.
    Then post up my quote where I said that, or don't quote me to make a point about someone else (an argument I believe you are quite comfortable and familiar with)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Then post up my quote where I said that, or don't quote me to make a point about someone else (an argument I believe you are quite comfortable and familiar with)
    Not even a nice try. I don't need to search through 3000 posts. And you don't need me to. You know what you hitched your wagon to.

You know it. I know it. INGO knows it. You pretty much admitted it just a few posts ago. You think DeSantis betrayed Trump by running now. Why else would you say he shivved Trump?

And look. It's not even that big a deal. All I was saying is that you know damn well what the "rules" are. When Trump endorses a candidate, that candidate is not allowed to run against Trump. Them's the rules loyalists live by. Or they are literally shivving Trump. :rolleyes: But I guess it's triggering to point out.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Seriously? Clarence Thomas is questionable? Alito? Gorsuch? Ted Cruz?
    Many of the elite of both parties come from the Ivy League. Did not say all were bad, as they clearly are not but they are bad more often than not especially when one gets to those that are younger as they have really become bad in recent times.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not even a nice try. I don't need to search through 3000 posts. And you don't need me to. You know what you hitched your wagon to.

You know it. I know it. INGO knows it. You pretty much admitted it just a few posts ago. You think DeSantis betrayed Trump by running now. Why else would you say he shivved Trump?

And look. It's not even that big a deal. All I was saying is that you know damn well what the "rules" are. When Trump endorses a candidate, that candidate is not allowed to run against Trump. Them's the rules loyalists live by. Or they are literally shivving Trump. :rolleyes: But I guess it's triggering to point out.
    As I said, it is the circumstances that create the 'rules'. There isn't some sort of codex. You behave like Brutus, maybe you become the circus part of bread and circuses

You know, I know and INGO knows that if you personally were treated that way by someone you helped enormously (recall ShoeLift only beat Gillum by 0.4%) you would feel you had been taken advantage of

For someone who postures as being so all about 'character', your concerns seem very ... situational. Your feet are made of clay

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    What in there is suggesting anything? He went to Yale and Harvard, if conservatives have learned anything it that the Ivy League grads are at best questionable. Asking who funded him is problematic?
    Would it be perfect if he went to Penn?

He also went to the Navy right after, a common move for young commies in the Ivy league.

Funding is public. I donated to his campaign. Weird how critical on the tiny things you are for him but completely dismissive for others.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Remember when DeSantis did this to enhance his look and then denied it?

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis unveiled his brand-new presidential bleached hair and spray tan this week, officially kicking off his campaign to run for president in 2024.

1701781882615.png

"What are you talking about? This is how I've always looked!" said DeSantis to questioning reporters. "And I don't appreciate it, OK? You are fake news.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As I said, it is the circumstances that create the 'rules'. There isn't some sort of codex. You behave like Brutus, maybe you become the circus part of bread and circuses

You know, I know and INGO knows that if you personally were treated that way by someone you helped enormously (recall ShoeLift only beat Gillum by 0.4%) you would feel you had been taken advantage of

See? You admit what I'm saying is true but you try to hide it behind language that tries to make it sound less "ruley". It's okay. I accept your agreement. All along you've been seething at DeSantis because you see him exactly how I said you see him.

For someone who postures as being so all about 'character', your concerns seem very ... situational. Your feet are made of clay
    And here you go again, imagining that I've said what you say I said, which I haven't actually said. You know whose feet are made of clay?

1701784034969.png

:rofl:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Would it be perfect if he went to Penn?

He also went to the Navy right after, a common move for young commies in the Ivy league.

Funding is public. I donated to his campaign. Weird how critical on the tiny things you are for him but completely dismissive for others.
    First off you are responding to a post that is over a year old from when DeSantis announced and we were discussing it, that I quoted to refute an accusation from jamil. I am tired of arrogant elites and many have and use that Ivy League moniker to claim they are superior undeservedly. I would rather have an engineer from Purdue.

The people and organizations that support DeSantis was and are an issue for many,. If Jeb Bush supports a candidate, I will question why. If Liz Cheney supports a candidate I likely will not support at all. That Club for Growth, whose President is David McIntosh, supports DeSantis is certainly a question for me, but not a disqualifer…

Old Road Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2022
    Gowdy
    After watching the NewsNation debate, I was disturbed by the accusations leveled at Nikki Haley about her proposals for a "National ID Card" & Her calls for a National Internet Registry with all users real names required. Hadn't heard this before but it warrants more research on my part. Really creepy & disturbing to me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Aren't they all tho? When you poll > 50% the rest combined are irrelevant unless they can cut into Trump's lead. I don't really see that happening unless something drastically changes.

Regardless I really like to hear Ramaswamy talk. Still not sure I trust him. But I do like what I hear. But Ramaswamy is down in Christi territory. His relevance is his messaging. DeSantis doesn't have that. I don't even know what DeSantis's messaging is anymore.

1704045663960.png

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Top Bottom