Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I think this is to draw a contrast to Trump, who was very Pro-Fauci.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Good on ya GFGT for unabashedly coming right out and saying in so many words that he's your pick in the primary. I for one respect that.
    Like I’ve said many times had it not been for his 2A foibles and especially covid (mainly his covid crap), I’d been all in for Trump from the get-go. I bet had it not been for that stuff even DeSantis would be supporting him.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

Yes, Trump has a huge lead for the nomination, and I will vote for him if he ends up being the candidate.

But, if DeSantis ends up being the nominee because the Democrats succeed at taking Trump out, I will vote for him without any worries.
    DeSantis may not have a "life of the party" personality, but he would be a good President.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yes, Trump has a huge lead for the nomination, and I will vote for him if he ends up being the candidate.

But, if DeSantis ends up being the nominee because the Democrats succeed at taking Trump out, I will vote for him without any worries.
    DeSantis may not have a "life of the party" personality, but he would be a good President.

If Trump gets taken out, I'm writing in his name on principle.

Even as much as I like Vivek, and will be putting my primary vote behind him, at the end of the day taking out Trump is an outcome we can't allow to set a precedent. We will spiral in short order if we let that stand.

What's to stop them from taking DeSantis off the ballot right after they remove Trump? We've been issued a collective action challenge.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

Even as much as I like Vivek, and will be putting my primary vote behind him, at the end of the day taking out Trump is an outcome we can't allow to set a precedent. We will spiral in short order if we let that stand.

What's to stop them from taking DeSantis off the ballot right after they remove Trump? We've been issued a collective action challenge.
    In all liklihood, whoever the Republican nominee is will win Indiana's Electoral Votes.
    Yes, they could try to take all three off the ballot, but I doubt they could get by with it if the Supreme Court does their job.

And if the Constitution is followed, they can't even take Trump off the ballot because they would have no legal grounds to do it, let alone the other two.

The Democrats just hope we won't read Clause 5 of the 14th Amendment which is the enforcement clause, and "18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection" is the enforcement law, which Trump has never been charged, tried, or found guilty of.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel

Why do you assume it is Democrats taking out Trump?

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    When you need to use leftist media to make your point, maybe you are not a conservative?
    When you deny the existence of anything outside your bubble, maybe you have an unhealthy love of a candidate?

These are former Trump voters on video. It’s real, I promise. You should widen your bubble.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think SCOTUS will sort out the issue of states taking candidates off the ballot. It's good that some states are starting the steps to take Biden off. No way the court let's that go on.

I think the court should do two things. 1) unequivocally remove this from states' purview. 2) put it on Congress to settle it in law.

I'm not sure what you mean by "taking him out". In any case, writing in Trump's name if they take him out is symbolism without substance. It hurts non of your enemies.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Do you think it hard to get negative comments from voters about any candidate? It is meaningless…
    Right, but lots of Republicans aren’t loving Trump 2.0 and this is a sample of that. You said that if Trump were to lose, a primary it’s because of Democrats. But that isn’t true.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When you need to use leftist media to make your point, maybe you are not a conservative?
    What does leftist media have to do with it. Did the DeSantis campaign worker not say that? HKFC used the statement from the volunteer to make the point that you shouldn't assume it's Democrats taking out Trump. If the guy actually said that, it's irrelevant who reported it.

It's possible they took the guy out of context, but I am not surprised that people have that viewpoint. That viewpoint is supported by polling on that very question.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When you deny the existence of anything outside your bubble, maybe you have an unhealthy love of a candidate?

These are former Trump voters on video. It’s real, I promise. You should widen your bubble.
    Everyone got bubbles man.

But. If you believe a source because they're on your side, then it's not the truth that you're seeking. You're just seeking confirmation for what you want to believe. CBS isn't automatically wrong. When they're wrong, they're wrong because they're pushing an ideological point of view and an agenda. That doesn't mean they're automatically lying. It just means you can't just trust them.

On a quote like you posted, it's probably real. I have no doubt that many people who have voted for Trump in the past, will not vote for him if he's convicted. Principled people vote their principles, even when it's not of pragmatic benefit. However, I'm not sure that this quote proves the point you were making.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do you think it hard to get negative comments from voters about any candidate? It is meaningless…
    It's not meaningless. If Trump is convicted, a lot of people who might have voted for him will not vote for him. The polls bear that out. Not everyone is a pragmatist. And certainly, not everyone who could possibly vote for Trump is a Trump loyalist. Being convicted will hurt Trump's campaign. How much is yet to be determined. But it is absolutely not meaningless. Trump really needs not to be convicted, at least in a convincing manner.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It's not meaningless. If Trump is convicted, a lot of people who might have voted for him will not vote for him. The polls bear that out. Not everyone is a pragmatist. And certainly, not everyone who could possibly vote for Trump is a Trump loyalist.
    Yes, one anecdotal interview is meaningless.

Being convicted will hurt Trump's campaign. How much is yet to be determined. But it is absolutely not meaningless. Trump really needs not to be convicted, at least in a convincing manner.
    Conventional wisdom has been wrong on Trump so many times. With each indictment his support will crater was what they all said would happen. So now they move the goal posts again and like trained monkeys so many are parroting the conventional wisdom without realizing things are different than their normality bias…

Thought I’d freshen up the point since normality and normalcy can be used interchangeably. :lmfao:

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel

Conventional wisdom has been wrong on Trump so many times. With each indictment his support will crater was what they all said would happen. So now they move the goal posts again and like trained monkeys so many are parroting the conventional wisdom without realizing things are different than their normality bias…

Thought I’d freshen up the point since normality and normalcy can be used interchangeably. :lmfao:
    Are the polls showing Trump losing big if convicted meaningless too?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think the bulk of DeSantis's support at this point is made up of a lot of people with the same sentiment as that guy. You call it anecdotal, and, at face value, it is. The deeper point is that it's representative. It's self-evident that DeSantis voters aren't Trumpers. And they're around 10-12% of GOP voters.

Trump has a better chance of winning if he's not in jail. The independents are a fickle bunch. Recent poll shows 43% of independents say they'd vote for Trump over Biden if the election were held today. Only 33% say Biden over Trump. So there's a pretty big shift in independents' opinions compared to maybe a couple months ago. Will they say they'll vote for Trump if he's convicted?

They're not Trumpers. They're anti-Biden voters. Maybe several anti-ClownWorld™ voters. Point is, trump cannot win by Trumpers alone. There are enough of you to give him the GOP nomination. There are not enough of you to deliver the White House. Maybe hearing that makes you angry. There's better evidence of that than some army of silent Trumpers that will swoop in and save the day.

You NEED pragmatic independents, disaffected democrats, and the GOP non-Trump voters to fill the gap. Kennedy is going to be a factor in a three-party race, whether you like it or not. He appeals to the people on both sides of those represented in the Trump v Biden polls and I suspect the winner will be whoever keeps those voters on their side, cheating notwithstanding.

Top Bottom