• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Que, with all due respect, if you haven't read Obama's books, Dinesh D'souza's "Obama: 2016", or seen "2016", you don't know what you're talking about. And for a pretty moderate guy, it's sort of unusual for you to basically insult another board member, especially when your accusation is about 180 degrees from what that member actually expressed.

How did he insult an INGOer?

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Broken.chair_-e1349319040652.jpeg

Looks like we need a new chair. :)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Que, with all due respect, if you haven't read Obama's books, Dinesh D'souza's "Obama: 2016", or seen "2016", you don't know what you're talking about. And for a pretty moderate guy, it's sort of unusual for you to basically insult another board member, especially when your accusation is about 180 degrees from what that member actually expressed.

How did he insult an INGOer?

I would say it is the comparison with Obama's father. Truth of the matter, it is out of character for Que to insult anyone and my guess is that he, like most all of us, is not immune to the phenomenon of a phrase coming out in a way that can be interpreted as being more harsh than intended, or at least I have noticed this affecting me at times of rapidly dealing with an emotionally charged issue like the continued function of the republic. I would say that most of our comments would be much better and free of unintended slight (and please note that I am NOT saying that Que is guilty of this) if we had a 24 hour delay before we could post them! In most cases, preferring to believe that those remarks which rub us the wrong way without being clearly intended as harsh are not intentionally combative would do much good for all.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I would say it is the comparison with Obama's father. Truth of the matter, it is out of character for Que to insult anyone and my guess is that he, like most all of us, is not immune to the phenomenon of a phrase coming out in a way that can be interpreted as being more harsh than intended, or at least I have noticed this affecting me at times of rapidly dealing with an emotionally charged issue like the continued function of the republic. I would say that most of our comments would be much better and free of unintended slight (and please note that I am NOT saying that Que is guilty of this) if we had a 24 hour delay before we could post them! In most cases, preferring to believe that those remarks which rub us the wrong way without being clearly intended as harsh are not intentionally combative would do much good for all.

I'm guessing BH is referring to the "hate monger" in Que's post. From my take, I think he's talking about hate mongers in general and not the poster he was responding to.

ETA: Looks like the post has been removed so I can't review the context.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm guessing BH is referring to the "hate monger" in Que's post. From my take, I think he's talking about hate mongers in general and not the poster he was responding to.

Probably so. In any event, my primary concern is that we not allow ourselves to read insult into a post which is not intended, taking your position and elaborating on it to the best of my ability. I hate to see discord where it isn't necessary! There are plenty of times that a person is backed into having to be firm/harsh in dealing with issues that cannot be compromised without having conflict set in over one statement which may be less polished than preferable followed up by the assumption that it was intended as an insult/attack.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Perhaps I mis-spoke. I would have thought inferring that one's father had things in common with an alcoholic, polygamous, jobless, anti-colonialist, wastrel who abandoned most of his children by different wives would be an insult, but perhaps I was hasty.

I picked up on that part aftwords but it's been removed and I don't remember which post he was quoting to gather the context.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Probably so. In any event, my primary concern is that we not allow ourselves to read insult into a post which is not intended, taking your position and elaborating on it to the best of my ability. I hate to see discord where it isn't necessary! There are plenty of times that a person is backed into having to be firm/harsh in dealing with issues that cannot be compromised without having conflict set in over one statement which may be less polished than preferable followed up by the assumption that it was intended as an insult/attack.

This. We are all guilty of stepping on our tongues at times and say things that can be construed incorrectly. I try not to rush to be offended. Especially among people I know and know their character.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Perhaps with a certain multicultural subset of the population, but the majority of us? I don't think so.:)

Those attributes have never been accepted in American culture, but then again, if someone were to compare someone, anyone, to me, we would have to ask if they are implying that the person is tall with blue eyes, or if that person is a conservative with a libertarian streak, or maybe it is a suggestion that the person in question is a truck driver who owns guns. It may even be something so obscure as suggesting that the person being compared is among those who have played an instrument during a church service or has preached the funeral service for one of his parents. Maybe something so pedestrian as being one of the people who drink diet coke.

It is hard to think of any way in which being compared with Obama Sr. could be construed as flattering, but it does not mean that the remark has been thought out or is referring to his least appealing qualities.

Again, I will have to confess having come down on the wrong side of the issue here, as there have been plenty of times I have chosen to receive more insult than was intended from a post. Once again, human nature at work especially in the confines of a fast-paced emotionally charged exchange.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

I couldn't discern what Que was trying to say enough to even get an insult out of it. It's murkier than an Obama explanation of his economic policies. Can you tell us what you meant so we know who should or shouldn't feel insulted?

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    From a buddy of mine who is big Obama supporter.

Nope. Still voting Obama. Lying with conviction doesn't cut it with me. Obama should have called him out on that but how do you debate a guy that backs off his own tax plan overnight. Think Romney simply stopped the bleeding, and showed he can memorize his talking points and his attempts to look like talking off the cuff were laughable.

I LOL'd.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I don't think that's necessarily true. Obama will show up for the next 2 debates prepared, last night he certainly wasn't. I think he was expecting softball for the first debate.

I do not believe it will matter. Obama is a mediocre intellect. He's not that quick (he is very polite, urbane, polished but he isn't that smart). Part of it may be that he was always given everything, from school to politics. Heck, he got elected by having his underlings force his opponents to withdraw and having quislings in the Media fight his battles for him. Obama's never had to fight for anything, we'll see how hard he fights now.

Romney's answer on repealing Obamacare was one of the best answers I have heard Romney give. Where the heck has that Mitt Romney been for the last several months?

What Kirk said. Obama can be as prepared as he wants. His biggest weakness is the narcissism that absolutely prevents him from seeing himself honestly AND the sycophants he has surrounded himself with for the past 4+ years who have NEVER (not in any real substantive way anyway) criticized him or pointed out the error of his ways.

Obama falls apart because he isn't getting the laudations he's so used to having. The internal dissonance it creates in his head is all that is needed to send him spiraling out of control. Romney doesn't need to be right, just dogged.

Top Bottom