• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I expect the next debates will have some mainstream media, Obama stooges for moderators, and he'll have the type of debate he's god at -- he gets to spout his platitudes and talking points, and there is no actual rebuttal.

One saving grace is that a lot of voters will only watch the first debate and then decide. This was epic for Romney IMHO.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    A4U7Ec_CMAAeqkk.jpg

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Obama is toast in these debates. He can't hold a candle to Romney. His body language was that of a man way over his head. An embarrassment.

While I believe Romney is certainly not the ideal candidate, he is what we have to try and stop Obama and his Marxist policies.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    Obama is toast in these debates. He can't hold a candle to Romney. His body language was that of a man way over his head. An embarrassment.

While I believe Romney is certainly not the ideal candidate, he is what we have to try and stop Obama and his Marxist policies.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Obama will show up for the next 2 debates prepared, last night he certainly wasn't. I think he was expecting softball for the first debate.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Obama will show up for the next 2 debates prepared, last night he certainly wasn't. I think he was expecting softball for the first debate.

I do not believe it will matter. Obama is a mediocre intellect. He's not that quick (he is very polite, urbane, polished but he isn't that smart). Part of it may be that he was always given everything, from school to politics. Heck, he got elected by having his underlings force his opponents to withdraw and having quislings in the Media fight his battles for him. Obama's never had to fight for anything, we'll see how hard he fights now.

Romney's answer on repealing Obamacare was one of the best answers I have heard Romney give. Where the heck has that Mitt Romney been for the last several months?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm not watching, but I can provide the results that will be posted:

1. Romney killed Obama.
    2. Obama was on the ropes without his teleprompter.
    3. Obama lied about...
    4. Romney lied about...

I guess I was 3.5 out of four. Let me go ahead and go for the next one:

1. Obama got killed in the first one, so he went and had Bill help him prepare for that one.
    2. Obama did alright, but he was still short on substance.
    3. Romney should have have talked about...
    4. It doesn't matter who won, the sheeple will follow their leader over the cliff and nobody can stop them.
    5. I'm voting for anyone to get Obumba out of there and send him back to Chicago.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I do not believe it will matter. Obama is a mediocre intellect. He's not that quick (he is very polite, urbane, polished but he isn't that smart). Part of it may be that he was always given everything, from school to politics. Heck, he got elected by having his underlings force his opponents to withdraw and having quislings in the Media fight his battles for him. Obama's never had to fight for anything, we'll see how hard he fights now.

Romney's answer on repealing Obamacare was one of the best answers I have heard Romney give. Where the heck has that Mitt Romney been for the last several months?

Kirk, it doesn't matter where that Romney has been for the last several months. The question is, could that be the Romney in the White House? Obama supporters expected to see the fiery go-getter over the last four years, but their expectations were not met. One debate does not a President make. In fact, I should say debating isn't an indicator of a President's future success, but act two is coming up and let's see how comments change.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Let me go ahead and go for the next one. . .
    Que said:
    One debate does not a President make. In fact, I should say debating isn't an indicator of a President's future success, but act two is coming up and let's see how comments change.

Funny thing is that the FIRST debate typically gets the highest ratings. Subsequent debates tend to get lower and lower viewership, often exponentially lower.

Further, if Ryan tears apart Biden in next week's match up then its very likely that most voters will have made up their minds at that point.

Still another point is that some states are starting to vote NOW. They are giving out/getting their absentee ballots so up to 1/3rd of the people will have voted early, many of those before the next presidential debate even occurs.

Honestly the only way it could have looked worse for Obama last night is if he had showed up on stage in his "mom jeans" and Romney walked out wearing a wife beater T-shirt and a pillowcase 1/2 full or oranges.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I don't think that's necessarily true. Obama will show up for the next 2 debates prepared, last night he certainly wasn't. I think he was expecting softball for the first debate.

He can be as prepared as Axelrod can get him to be, but he's still an empty suit. Romney, like him or not, has made real accomplishments in his life on his own. What has Obama ever done other than be a Chicago political hack? Obama is way outmatched by Romney and is showed painfully last night. Sadly for Obama, he will be trounced in the final debates.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Remember, the only reason Obama is President is because Axelrod torn into the divorce records of Obama's political opponents. What can Axelrod and his flying monkeys do with Mitt Romney--Mr. Straight Arrow?

Have a judge order Romney's divorce files unsealed?:laugh:

What can the Media do to Mitt Romeny's scandalous, drug and alcohol fueled past?:laugh: ZOMG, Mitt gave a guy noogies!!!:rolleyes:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I think it's no secret that I don't like Romney. But last night showed what a real executive with a Type A personality can do to a pretender.

I'm not a fan of Romney either... and had no interest in voting, but last night was a strong showing and if he can continue to dismantle Obama, I might go out and vote. I think Romney did himself a huge service last night and probably gobbled up a good portion of the "undecided vote".

Its obvious that Obama has a huge following... now the only question is how many of the "less fortunate" are the Democrats going to have to bus to the polls to win this election. My guess is that they already have Grey Hound on stand-by with the promise of free Donuts and K-mart vouchers.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Which debate?

I think a person would do well to either watch the debate and skip the follow-up coverage or vice-versa. Typically the follow-up BS is little more than re-runs. I didn't watch either because there is nothing either one of them can say which will change my opinion but, by all accounts I've seen/heard, Obama without a teleprompter is a sitting duck! Here's hoping Mitt blows him out of the water...repeatedly.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Yeah, I'm sure that was his father's dream. I won't get into it, but usually when a hate monger is trying to get rid of something, they don't move to create the very thing they abhor. Besides, if that were the case I would think that you and his father would have a few things in common.

Que, with all due respect, if you haven't read Obama's books, Dinesh D'souza's "Obama: 2016", or seen "2016", you don't know what you're talking about. And for a pretty moderate guy, it's sort of unusual for you to basically insult another board member, especially when your accusation is about 180 degrees from what that member actually expressed.

Top Bottom