• ...and so much more!
  • HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    My first wife ran out on our marriage in less than a year, I thought it was the end of the world, it was not!! It was the beginning of my life!! a happy one that was 33 years ago, It was the best thing she ever did for me!! I have been with the right women for 33 years, and it has been wonderful, Just know that the right one is out there and when you find her you will thank God that the other one left you, Chin up it gets nothing but better from here on. :D

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I could use some encouragement.

Checklist for Encouragement... Directly out of Thessalonians
    (and my commentary)

1. Build each other up (Find a Bro-Mance to occupy your social needs)
    2. Respect leaders (seek council from those you admire)
    3. Live in peace (Don't carry the gray cloud, bring joy everywhere you go)
    4. Warn the idle (don't put anything up so high it completely consumes you)
    5. Encourage the timid (Use your strengths to bring happiness to others and you will find true joy)
    6. Help the weak (see above)
    7. Be Patient (Don't rush your emotions into another relationship, let it happen naturally)
    8. Resist Revenge (Anger and hate never accomplished anything)
    9. Be Joyful (As it will transform you from joyous actions to a joyous character)
    10. Pray Continually (Bring all matters of the heart to God, for true healing)
    11. Give Thanks (No matter how down you feel, around the corner is someone who envies you)
    12. Avoid every kind of evil (Sins of the flesh might bring temperry happiness, but will rot the soul over time, Guard your Heart)
    13. Count on God's constant help (The single foot prints in the sand are because he is carrying you, not because you are alone.)
    14. Go to the range (O.K. I made that on up)

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Checklist for Encouragement... Directly out of Thessalonians
    (and my commentary)

1. Build each other up (Find a Bro-Mance to occupy your social needs)
    2. Respect leaders (seek council from those you admire)
    3. Live in peace (Don't carry the gray cloud, bring joy everywhere you go)
    4. Warn the idle (don't put anything up so high it completely consumes you)
    5. Encourage the timid (Use your strengths to bring happiness to others and you will find true joy)
    6. Help the weak (see above)
    7. Be Patient (Don't rush your emotions into another relationship, let it happen naturally)
    8. Resist Revenge (Anger and hate never accomplished anything)
    9. Be Joyful (As it will transform you from joyous actions to a joyous character)
    10. Pray Continually (Bring all matters of the heart to God, for true healing)
    11. Give Thanks (No matter how down you feel, around the corner is someone who envies you)
    12. Avoid every kind of evil (Sins of the flesh might bring temperry happiness, but will rot the soul over time, Guard your Heart)
    13. Count on God's constant help (The single foot prints in the sand are because he is carrying you, not because you are alone.)
    14. Go to the range (O.K. I made that on up)

Would neg rep be considered revenge?:evilangel:

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I still think of my very first serious gf from just after high school. She ripped my heart out. Not to worry though, I did practically all the things mentioned in these posts. I won't say they didn't work, but you know yourself better than anyone. Will they work for you?

Time, it seems does take the sting out, and you grieve for a bit, just like you lost someone due to a death. Maybe a bit dramatic, but it's true.

Trust me, it's human nature to hurt, and then heal. You'll be ok, don't worry.

We're here.

dan lenson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Amazing.

Two weeks ago the same thing happened to me.

Being much older & wiser than I was the last time this happened to me (I was 18 then, 39 now), I managed to choose the high road.

I chose to value the times together, but not demand more.

I chose to hope for her happiness, even though that was probably not gonna include me.

And I chose not to blame myself-- in this world, sadness just happens.

The first week was very tough to get through.

But I took steps to move forward & that improved things hugely for me.

I believe I can relate to the pain-- was surprised to hear other guys here talk about losing 'the one' too. Maybe it's not uncommon as I'd thought.

You're the third person to report almost the exact same thing in the same time frame-- it could be that chicks just aren't diggin' the economy or the weather or both.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

We do care about ya, Chief.

You're in our thoughts & prayers. ;)

Last edited:

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Take that AR of yours and some ammo to the range and just have some fun. Helps you forget at least for a little bit. On the plus side in a couple days things probably already look a little better.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I ran like hell away from my first wife, and NEVER looked back. Sometimes it felt like one of those dreams where you move in slow motion...but in a bad way.

Then along came my current wife, and we have been together for almost 10 years now.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Thanks for the kind words...

I just came home to my half-empty house for the first time... keep those prayers coming, I am in a bad place right now

Last edited:

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Has anyone had physical attaction sexually dissapear just about in their relationship? If so how did you deal with it/ make it better?

Top Bottom