• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I firmly believe that one of the biggest problems with relationships now is the womens' lib movement. For thousands of years, the male was the provider and the female was the nurturer and it worked (majority) for thousands of years. In the last 50-60 years, look at the divorce rates and how they have skyrocketed. Both people in the relationship are competing with each other, not complementing each other.

Women have been told they are worthless if they stay at home and raise their kids. They are ridiculed if they respect their husbands. The feminazis have told women they aren't equal if they aren't assuming the exact same roles as men which is completely untrue.

My wife and I went through a video class at my church called Love and Respect. Out of the 40-50 people that went through it, I don't think 1 man or 1 woman took issue or were offended by anything that was said in the videos as you couldn't argue with the truth of it. The course is several hours long and I need to buy it so my wife and I can watch it over and over again.

The premise of the course is that love and respect make up a circle. Women feel loved by showing them love. If a woman feels unloved, she will react disrespectfully to her husband. If a man feels disrespected by his wife, he will react unlovingly to her and thus the cycle continues. Men feel loved by showing them respect and our society has told women they don't have to respect their husbands.

Here are some great short clips from the video series and I highly encourage you to watch them.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/If a woman feelhttp://loveandrespect.com/content/weekly_Movies_Popup.php?ID=17
    Weekly Movie
    Weekly Movie
    Weekly Movie

You can see more of these videos here.
    [ loveandrespect.com ] Love and Respect - Weekly Movies!!!

The main website is this.
    [ loveandrespect.com ] Love and Respect - Presented by Dr. Emerson E. Eggerichs

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    While I do agree with you, there are a ton of folks out their that this does not apply too. 99.9% of relationships fail because people falsely assume that their significant other will magically "complete" them. They think that the void in their life will be magically filled. After some time, reality kicks in and they realize that they don't even know what they want or who they are.........sorta like being "blinded by love." This is the very thing that may end the physical attraction.

Bottom line is that a lasting, functional relationship is built upon two honest, confident individuals that know exactly what they are getting into. It takes two strong people to make it work. When the weak get involved, erruption is inevitable.
    I'm sure you didn't mean what this sounds like. hehe

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    You seem to be assuming that the loss of interest is on the man's side.

Correct, because it was posted by a man, and I am a man. If I knew how a woman thinks, I would have enough money to buy all of INGO there gun of choice.:)

Has anyone had physical attaction sexually dissapear just about in their relationship? If so how did you deal with it/ make it better?

Why don't you clear up the question a little bit, I have no idea what +1 means in this context. Especially since you already posted that you liked my answer enough to fwd it to others, unless you only fwd it to stir the pot :dunno:

Medic i have sent that to 5 people just now...every last one of them replied with ........... HMMMMMMMMMM.... including me.

Last edited:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    You seem to be assuming that the loss of interest is on the man's side.

Correct, because it was posted by a man, and I am a man. If I knew how a woman thinks, I would have enough money to buy all of INGO there gun of choice.:)

But even given that, you can take the original post as meaning "she doesn't express any physical interest anymore". I'm curious how you would respond to that perspective.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    But even given that, you can take the original post as meaning "she doesn't express any physical interest anymore". I'm curious how you would respond to that perspective.

Interesting, I feel like I am walking into a trap. You can not control the behavior of someone else, only your own. I try to live my life by God's law, I try to have a biblical relationship with my wife, I do fail.... many times. We no longer get "giddy" around each other, as time does desensitize us to certain external stimulants. However, our relationship has grown over time, not the opposite.

I guess with all that said, the answer is to never let your fondness for each other drift away, and the physical attraction is merely a variable in intimacy. Keeping her the priority in your life (here on earth anyhow) will show wonders to her soul. If you have never seen FireProof, thats a great place to start. Talk about a Paradigm Shift.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

Interesting, I feel like I am walking into a trap.

You were.

You can not control the behavior of someone else, only your own. I try to live my life by God's law, I try to have a biblical relationship with my wife, I do fail.... many times. We no longer get "giddy" around each other, as time does desensitize us to certain external stimulants. However, our relationship has grown over time, not the opposite.

I guess with all that said, the answer is to never let your fondness for each other drift away, and the physical attraction is merely a variable in intimacy. Keeping her the priority in your life (here on earth anyhow) will show wonders to her soul. If you have never seen FireProof, thats a great place to start. Talk about a Paradigm Shift.

I can appreciate this answer. Reps inbound.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Call your buddies and start drinking. Focus on your work. Go to the gym. Have some casual hookups. Delete her number, email, etc. If she lived with you, start throwing all of the food she liked out, get rid of all her crap, sell anything that she left at your place on eBay. Get rid her out of her your life. Consider what she did to you a favor. Now you can engage in casual relationships without guilt. Enjoy your freedom.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Call your buddies and start drinking. So you can become sappy and do something stupid like call her drunk. Focus on your work. :yesway: Go to the gym. :yesway: :yesway: Have some casual hookups.:facepalm: Delete her number, email, etc. :yesway: If she lived with you, start throwing all of the food she liked out :dunno:, get rid of all her crap, sell anything that she left at your place on eBay. :thumbsup: Get rid her out of her your life. Consider what she did to you a favor. Now you can engage in casual relationships without guilt. Enjoy your freedom. :woot:

:popcorn:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I can't believe I'm the first. Does she have a hot mom or sister? I'm not saying, just saying. :popcorn:
    NSFW
    YouTube - **** your mom

I think I knew her...

I think I want too. :D

But seriously, lots of good advice here. My :twocents: stay away from mutual friends for a bit. If they were good friends with you first that maybe okay but if you made them together or they were hers first.........

Although there is something funny about getting a call from your ex complaining that she called them about going out and they said they already had plans with you, so sorry. The call later after she finds out it was their idea and they were bringing along another girl to introduce to you, and you hit it off is even better. :D

Seemed to tic her off just a bit, I have no idea why.

But seriously stay away they will just remind you of her.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Become a skydiver!
    Air Indiana Skydiving Center LLC

Skydiving%20007.jpg

Top Bottom