• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    The last time I broke up with a girl I actually cared about, I got in my truck, fired up "Pink Triangle" from Weezer, got on the interstate, and stood on the gas 'til I could watch the gas gauge move. 10 miles and 7 minutes later I felt much better.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I am just shielding myself from the moral ****storm that is about to rain down on me for saying that.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I have had some experience at getting the boot and all I can say is to hang in there. It will get better sometime. Do not do anything self-destructive to yourself or hurtful to others as you will come to regret it. Give yourself some time to heal and clear your head. Maybe she will come back in your life, but more likely she will not, but do not burn any bridges. Do not harass or pester her as those actions are destructive in many ways. I feel for what you are going through right now. Spend some time with your close friends and family. Just my two cents.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I thought maybe I'd take a crack at this from a serious perspective...

I had a really bad breakup back in college -- destroyed my whole life, or so I thought. I had no ambition for anything, felt like crap for a good 6 months. Banged every chick I could get my hands on, then treated them like crap out of a need for a sort of "revenge by proxy". Not proud of it, but that's what happened.

One day I looked around and saw that nobody else was stepping in to help me feel any better or do any better. Mom and Dad weren't there to pick me up and dust me off. I realized that I was on my own, and had to either choose a nice comfy park bench to sleep on or get my butt in gear and take charge of my life. So I found an interest (computers), jumped into it, taught myself all I needed to know, and turned it into a career. It was slow going, but it occupied my time and attention, and eventually I found another relationship.

I know where you are, and I know that it sucks. This too shall pass.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I'd wager against the wreckless recoil living recommendations... it sounds like a lot of fun for a few hours but it probably isn't worth the admission price of the herp! :D

I recommend a lot of what people are already saying... specifically these:

Don't abandoned your friends. The further you sleep away from communication from others, the worse things get. Misery loves company, sure, but misery becomes exponential when you're by yourself.

shibumiseeker is wise to recommend being cautious of your next steps towards another relationship and that it is not done from the mold of rebounding.

Go out and exercise. Even if you don't now, start. Endorphins produced while exercising are scientifically proven to increase positive feelings or moods.

Being told that there are more fish in the sea isn't always what you want to hear... you were dumped from what sounds like a pretty serious relationship. My guess is that you want more of that but not the relationship to end up the way the most recent one has developed. You're being told that there are other fish in the sea when you're wanting to be told and are looking for Ahab's white whale and not other fish.

So hang in there, get to know more about yourself, think about the kind of woman you want to spend time with and when you're ready things will fall into place. Make your own destiny and let fate do the rest.

Also, for what it is worth... praying for you, my man,

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Get into a routine, one that will keep you busy. Like mentioned before, start exercising. Work all the overtime they will give you. Start a new hobby. Make sure you house or apartment is spotless each day before you go to work or go to bed. Volunteer at church, local shelter or other such place. Become a volunteer fireman.

Just make your life so busy you do not have time to dell on your lost. Go to bed each night exhausted. In time you will wake up one day and you will be so over her and be in better shape with great new friends and skills.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Join eHarmony. Lot's of hot single girls on there.

Eeeeyyyick!

A year after my wife walked out and a couple of short bad relationships later, I decided to try online dating. Free sites and paid sites.

E-harmony was about the worst. And they were all bad. Immediately taking up a new relationship is a really bad idea regardless. Now is the time to take up a new hobby, not new relationship. Getting out and getting involved socially while learning or doing new things is the fastest road to recovery.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Keep your friends around and always find something to do even if you just feel like laying there in bed in misery. Don't become a vedge! You have to go do things like exercise and hang out with friends even if you dont feel like it. Make yourself! That will get you out of your rut.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Now is the time to take up a new hobby, not new relationship.
    Yes...a new hobby!! Like darts... :D

x6g6shne3-1.gif

Top Bottom