• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    This is what I was going to say. Excercise. This releases the feel good endorphines in your brain. Try a martial arts class. I like Mauy Thai. Plus, getting in shape will just make you more marketable when you are ready for the next chapter. Take your time though. And dont drown your sorrows. This can get you in serious trouble I know.
    A good church and fellowship is good.
    Stay busy, reload, shoot, build a cabin, go ice fishing.
    Make a gratitude list each morning. Im sure you have lots of things to be thankfull for.

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    Yes...a new hobby!! Like darts... :D

x6g6shne3-1.gif

man i love throwing darts

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    How about a "Rambone Commemorative Shoot", wherever he is located? Get more than three INGO'ers together and he's bound to forget his problems or lose his sanity! :) Either way, he'd be out of his misery for a bit. :)

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Haven't read through all the posts but, everything happens for a reason. It may not seem like it but trust me. 2.5 yrs ago my gf dumped me abruptly. It has just been my gf and mine 2 year anniversary this past Monday. I'm glad me ex broke up with me but, at first I didn't feel like it. The greatest thing has happened to me since. Don't hang your head on it you'll only feel worse. Do whatever activity it is that relieves stress and allows you to unwind. (preferably not to much 90 proof) ;) Just hang in there. :)

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I'd wager against the wreckless recoil living recommendations... it sounds like a lot of fun for a few hours but it probably isn't worth the admission price of the herp! :D

I recommend a lot of what people are already saying... specifically these:

Don't abandoned your friends. The further you sleep away from communication from others, the worse things get. Misery loves company, sure, but misery becomes exponential when you're by yourself.

shibumiseeker is wise to recommend being cautious of your next steps towards another relationship and that it is not done from the mold of rebounding.

Go out and exercise. Even if you don't now, start. Endorphins produced while exercising are scientifically proven to increase positive feelings or moods.

Being told that there are more fish in the sea isn't always what you want to hear... you were dumped from what sounds like a pretty serious relationship. My guess is that you want more of that but not the relationship to end up the way the most recent one has developed. You're being told that there are other fish in the sea when you're wanting to be told and are looking for Ahab's white whale and not other fish.

So hang in there, get to know more about yourself, think about the kind of woman you want to spend time with and when you're ready things will fall into place. Make your own destiny and let fate do the rest.

Also, for what it is worth... praying for you, my man,

This^

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    very sorry to hear your situation. It will get better. Do exercise, that is a great idea. Watch the booze, it can come too frequently and too much too easily.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Lots of good advice on here and even though some if it conflicts it is nice to see that for all the arguing we do when one of our members is hurting we all come together and support them.

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    Nothing gets you over the last one like the next one! I've always thought if I wasted X amount of time with such and such, why waste X amount more time moping? Go through that phone book and hit up a backup plan.:twocents:

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    That always sucks...
    I think that if I lost mine I would take some serious ME time. I don't drink much as it is, but I would advise staying away from it alltogether. I think if mine left I would sell her Jeep, quad, the stove:D etc. I would probably finally put my camaro back together and invest alot more time into my hobbies like shooting, riding and wrenching.
    Sorry to hear it, but it happens. You just gotta keep on keeping on.:yesway:
    Not sure when I would get a new one, but I wouldn't be in any hurry thats forsure!

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Been there, done that and it sucks. I will echo what others have said here. Surround yourself with friends and family. Don't jump into a relationship with someone new right away. You can't replace a long term relationship with a moist orifice, I know, I tried.:D Stay active, get involved in a hobby of some kind, preferably one that involves other people. Remember, these things often happen for a reason. When my ex left I thought that my life left with her. I didn't follow the advise here and was depressed for way too long. Looking back I now see how lucky I am that she's gone. I'm in a much better relationship then I could have ever hoped for had she stayed around, and I wouldn't be if I had not grown because that experience. It will get better soon.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    You cant get over a women until you no longer picture her boobs. Its a scientific fact. An average male brain can only store a finite number of boob images and your hard drive is filled capacity with your ex's. Well, they won't go away until you overwrite them with images of other womens’ boobs. Now, this journey may take as many as million boobs, so begin here tonight my friend. 2 at a time…

I hope this helps.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Without getting too far into it... I could use some encouragement.

How do you overcome the depression and move on?

My whole world just fell down on my head. =(

Determine to adapt and overcome. Analyze the relationship, recognize the good and bad, accept the reality of the separation and determine to move up and on.
    Time heals.
    You have 70 years of good and bad ahead, take it in stride! :yesway:

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    OMG...you had to go and ruin it...didn't you??? I can't even look at her...err...them now...thanks a lot!!! ;)

I could be worse, you could be trying to picture my and Rhino's boobs bouncing while we play darts together...topless.

...so at least that's not an image you have in your head. :D

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I joined the army after my last big one ended... wait that's why she left... well part of it... i dunno:dunno:... once you've moved on it's easy to forget! Keep that goal in mind. I have been lucky enough to find a gal who's rooted in the Lord and having a relationship centered on him has been the best thing that's ever happened. The previous relationships that had me depressed (even during them:n00b:) led me to drink etc. were not. I don't know where you are faith wise and am not pushing mine on you, but it's something to think about. :twocents: Two weeks after I asked God to get women off my mind he brought the one I'm with now into my life... He's a sly one that's for sure.

Oh, and if you're worried about, or determined to go through the depression and the drinking... take the guns and leave them at a trustworthy buddy's house for a little while.

Top Bottom