• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Obviously there are those on both sides with an agenda. And you actually posted that AA&E? You couldn't have believed that so readily? C'mon surely your spidey sense would have kicked in and told you to question the validity.

11 police officers shot.

Rocks thrown at police officers in other protests.

Would it really be that hard to believe?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Obviously there are those on both sides with an agenda. And you actually posted that AA&E? You couldn't have believed that so readily? C'mon surely your spidey sense would have kicked in and told you to question the validity.

There is a third agenda... Clicks. Clicks=$$. And if you make the story fantastical enough, you can get lots of clicks. And by the time somebody figures out that crazy thing somebody said wasnt so crazy, (or new) its too late. You already helped put money in the site owner's pocket.

Do yourself a favor. Put Google to work whenever you see one of those fantastical headlines. The last dozen or so times I have done so I found snopes, hoax slayer, etc links right below the bogus clickbait links in the results.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    11 police officers shot.

Rocks thrown at police officers in other protests.

Would it really be that hard to believe?

Unfortunately, police officers are shoot far too regularly. Rocks have been thrown at police officer's forever. A mass killing of 19 white women with BLM carved into their corpses? yeah, kinda outlandish.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There is a third agenda... Clicks. Clicks=$$. And if you make the story fantastical enough, you can get lots of clicks. And by the time somebody figures out that crazy thing somebody said wasnt so crazy, (or new) its too late. You already helped put money in the site owner's pocket.

Do yourself a favor. Put Google to work whenever you see one of those fantastical headlines. The last dozen or so times I have done so I found snopes, hoax slayer, etc links right below the bogus clickbait links in the results.

I ALWAYS do that, even when it isn't so fantastic. I need multiple sources before I'm will to believe something.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    They'll testify against other doctors in mal-practice cases?

Yes. No malpractice case (save a single, rare exception) can go to trial without a doctor calling another doctor's care malpractice, on the record.

File complaints with whomever the file formal complaints about one another?

Yes. I can't give names and circumstances, but I could. It happens regularly.

...a lawyer friend of mine, getting them to go on the record is like pulling teeth.

Does you friend do medical malpractice work all day every day? I do. It may be that what what a lawyer thinks is malpractice isn't, which would explain why it's hard for a lawyer to get a doctor to break bad on another doctor. The experienced med mal plaintiff's attorneys generally only bring supportable cases and almost always are able to find a doctor to be critical. That doesn't mean they win all their cases, only that there is a real issue in most cases. It's downright fun with a general plaintiff's attorney decides to dabble in med mal.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I admit that I skipped the last few pages, so apologies if this was covered earlier.

Was listening to the radio over the weekend - talk radio - which I hardly ever do. The commentator (I have no idea who) had an interesting observation: many people think moderate (and liberal) Muslims should do more to denounce the actions of extremists.

By that same logic, there are 2 permutations:
    1) should police officers do more to denounce bad shoots?
    2) should white people do more to denounce white (mostly police) violence against unarmed black people?

Perhaps a new thread?

I think when someone wants people to believe they aren't part of something they disagree with, it helps to admit it. Openly. If you claim you're for or against something, it helps to show that you're being honest.

stop_zpsa27c86ea.jpg

I thought you unsubscribed. It seems to be there's a strong disagreement between two or more members of the forum. They're not calling each other names. They seem to be respectfully addressing each other's points. I really don't think there's anything wrong with the discussion as long as they continue to respect each other's right to believe differently.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, doctors don't rat each other out. (Sooo glad I proofread that, I missed the "r" and hit "e")

Now THAT would have lightened up the conversation.

Since statistics show that black and Hispanic officers are more likely to shoot them than a white officer, how is this a solution? Do they feel better about it since it would be black on black violence?

It's in more the sense of, you think we're not doing a good job? Well, how about you take a stab at doing it instead of what you're doing. I think it's a pretty good idea. Put your money where your mouth is. Try being part of the solution instead of overestimating your status as a victim.

I've seen enough Bull**** in the past few weeks to know that this is true.

Which, the 'r' or the 'e'?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana

Took me approximately 1 minute from original posting to edit. I apologize.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I thought you unsubscribed. It seems to be there's a strong disagreement between two or more members of the forum. They're not calling each other names. They seem to be respectfully addressing each other's points. I really don't think there's anything wrong with the discussion as long as they continue to respect each other's right to believe differently.

Don't want the updates every 2 minutes, but I'm happy to continue contributing relevant news to the thread.

As far as the content of the discussion, I'm surprised INGO tolerates the endless race-baiting. At some point, it's no different from trolling. Not entirely this thread, specifically, but the recent threads to spring up as a result of this one. Last I checked, the race stuff was still a no-no topic in the INGO rules... but I understand events like this certainly have to give some leeway to that.

Neither here nor there though. If people want to bite and put up with it, that's their choice.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Still no way comparable to 19 people, white women, murdered and mutilated. Not in the same universe.

I can think of several news items that could fall under the same 'universe'... how many people had the same thoughts when they first heard about Sandy Hook Elementary? I know I did. After awhile you get numb to what is and isn't normal, because the abnormal becomes too damn common.

Top Bottom