• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In fairness, is there any profession where members routinely call out others of their profession for shady practices, acts of incompetance, abuse of power, etc?

Do you lawyers call out ambulance chasers and personal injury lawyers for jacking up medical bills or insurance rates or what have you due to their often time frivolous cases?

Whenever there's not motion in limine in place to prevent me....and sometimes even then.

Do doctors routinely rat each other out when they know somebody made a mistake or acted recklessly?

Routinely? I don't know about that, but if their practices are in direct competition....Katy bar the door!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Routinely? I don't know about that, but if their practices are in direct competition....Katy bar the door!
    They'll testify against other doctors in mal-practice cases? File complaints with whomever the file formal complaints about one another? I've had a doctor or two make a snide comment or something kinda unflattering about another but according to a lawyer friend of mine, getting them to go on the record is like pulling teeth.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    BLM is successful with their rhetoric. It has dominated this thread about a terrorist murdering police officers.

Is this how the term "race baiting" was originated?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    No. The media does it enough already.

If there were a case where a shooting was obviously racially motivated, like the idiot in SC(obviously wasn't an officer), maybe. For these cases where the media makes race an issue, no.

In reference to your first point, I do not see LEOs being able to win here. They will always want to wait until the facts are actually out for each incident. The media does not wait, they try the case immediately and often come to incorrect conclusions. By the time the facts are actually out, the media tends to lose interest.

You make a valid argument regarding the media manipulation of the events. How many times are minorities killed by officers that are themselves minorities? We will probably never know, because these events aren't publicized in the same manner by the media.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    BLM is successful with their rhetoric. It has dominated this thread about a terrorist murdering police officers.

I think there was an effort to connect the terrorist/racist to BLM as if they worked hand in hand. That's where it started.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana

I was going to claim the events in Dallas weren't terrorism, and then I second thought myself. It honestly does perfectly reflect the definition of terrorism. So does that make the Black Panthers a terrorist organization since he was a member and the leadership has spoken out in favor of the Dallas shooters actions via Twitter? I don't think I'd extend the same cloud onto BLM, but they are walking a thin line...

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I think there was an effort to connect the terrorist/racist to BLM as if they worked hand in hand. That's where it started.

Negative. The Dallas shooter exploited a BLM event. He was a Black Panther and has been praised via tweets by the BP leadership. Now some BLM protestors likely have supported these actions, but I'd suspect they are the smallest of minority. But chanting for the lives of police officers as they have done in the past? Hopefully that is something they will reconsider.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Chief David Brown just speaking now...

Says to BLM protesters they should become police officers. "Become a part of the solution. Don't be a part of the problem. Get off that protest line and serve. We'll put you in your communities."

Thoughts?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Chief David Brown just speaking now...

Says to BLM protesters they should become police officers. "Become a part of the solution. Don't be a part of the problem. Get off that protest line and serve. We'll put you in your communities."

Thoughts?
    Since statistics show that black and Hispanic officers are more likely to shoot them than a white officer, how is this a solution? Do they feel better about it since it would be black on black violence?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Since statistics show that black and Hispanic officers are more likely to shoot them than a white officer, how is this a solution? Do they feel better about it since it would be black on black violence?

It would shut the media up, they wouldn't report it, so this could actually work.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Your congressman:

[video=youtube;-otCt3HGx4k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-otCt3HGx4k[/video]

Is he a bit confused, not unlike other race baiters? Sounds like he is calling the killed officers murderers?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

This is a hugely misleading statistic. People keep listing this and then attempt to apply it nation wide. The statistics ONLY relate to Philadelphia, PA... nowhere else. A city that is 44% black, and whose PD is 36% black. If you cite that again, please, in the interest of full disclosure add that significant fact.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Edit.. not sure of the validity... ill be back.

EDIT - I saw a questionable news source suggesting a large number of people found murdered tied to BLM. The media or groups portraying themselves to be media need to be held accountable. Their should be a level of acceptability between reporting and misleading. I don't know how you draw the line, but this fire is being fed by the media with the potential to blow up in all our faces.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom