da0de240bd6627e19f0820cd473b963d.jpg

stopposting.gif

Lots of luck.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Unfortunately, both are really difficult to do. I'm sure you remember an officer we had "TC," we all knew that person was kinda "iffy," and there were grumblings around the PD about that person... but we weren't going to start pulling runs/numbers to confirm our suspicious... and the people that looked at this person's numbers probably saw the pattern. They seemed to be ok with it... so what does one do, who do you say something to? I can tell you, I don't want people pulling my runs looking for patterns, and I have nothing to hide. If I said something, I'd forever be labeled "that guy," and what if your suspicions are wrong or unsubstantiated, what then? In absence of CLEAR wrongdoing, which ultimately caught up with that officer, it is often best for the officer simply to leave it alone.

Yeah, he's one I always think of as someone who might've had ulterior motives. But, I was talking more about officers saying something about publicized bad shoots. Like, does the FOP ever come out and say, "That shoot was REALLY bad."? The blue line tends to make that really hard to do, so credibility suffers.

At least, that was the point being made by the commentator.

But, there's an interesting corollary. If a Muslim sees another Muslim at a mosque, and some of the conversations seem "iffy," should he say something? Is it best for them to simply leave it alone?

And, out of respect for GPishvhunhahrn, it probably is best to leave this thread alone for awhile and await another opportunity to revisit this. Because, there most certainly will be more opportunities.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Where are these groups? They don't seem to get national media coverage.

Does the same thought process apply to Muslims vis a vis denouncing terrorism?

Look at the protests, the white faces in the crowd would be the people I am referring to. You see many voices on social media, where much of this is playing out. The media doesn't want this to be viewed as something unifying. The more tension and hatred this creates the better the ratings.

Yes, this does apply to Islam. I haven't exactly seen them lining up, have you? During protests shouting chants of "death to America", Christians being executed, etc.. have you seen counter protests? I'm sure there are some, but the media doesn't advance that cause, it doesn't sell.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I can assure you, no one is accusing you of NOT being honest. I can appreciate the a person willing to expose their true view. Though you can dispense of using coded language like "inner city youths." We're clear on whom that applies.

Your assumptions of what that means indicates a racial prejudice within yourself you haven't even considered. That's quite amusing to me. Thanks Kut.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, he's one I always think of as someone who might've had ulterior motives. But, I was talking more about officers saying something about publicized bad shoots. Like, does the FOP ever come out and say, "That shoot was REALLY bad."? The blue line tends to make that really hard to do, so credibility suffers.

At least, that was the point being made by the commentator.

But, there's an interesting corollary. If a Muslim sees another Muslim at a mosque, and some of the conversations seem "iffy," should he say something? Is it best for them to simply leave it alone?

And, out of respect for GPishvhunhahrn, it probably is best to leave this thread alone for awhile and await another opportunity to revisit this. Because, there most certainly will be more opportunities.

In fairness, is there any profession where members routinely call out others of their profession for shady practices, acts of incompetance, abuse of power, etc? Do you lawyers call out ambulance chasers and personal injury lawyers for jacking up medical bills or insurance rates or what have you due to their often time frivolous cases? Do doctors routinely rat each other out when they know somebody made a mistake or acted recklessly?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    In fairness, is there any profession where members routinely call out others of their profession for shady practices, acts of incompetance, abuse of power, etc? Do you lawyers call out ambulance chasers and personal injury lawyers for jacking up medical bills or insurance rates or what have you due to their often time frivolous cases? Do doctors routinely rat each other out when they know somebody made a mistake or acted recklessly?

That is a fair and valid point. I've called out professional incompetence before, but not publically. I wouldn't have a media audience though because my profession isn't under this level of scrutiny. I don't think this profession should be either. Many of the incidents have turned out to not be as initially reported. Nobody wants to wait and see how the investigations all play out. They want to burn neighborhoods for a narrative that didn't occur, ala hands up don't shoot.

It's hard to not have a degree of apprehensiveness after being fooled into this false narrative time and again.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I can't believe you even typed that. :ugh:

Are some people not afflicted by racial prejudices? I see the term reverse racism and it strikes me as a disingenuous phrase. Almost as if it is somehow the opposite of racism. It's not, it's the exact same thing...

For the record I wish to point out within this thread I defended the man from Minnesota as what I think to be a bad shoot. If I were motivated by racial bias, I wouldn't have done that. There was also the incident a few months back where the guy was shot in the back.. where the officer planted the tazer. I also posted regarding that and expressed outrage. Kut doesn't have all the context of my posts over time, but he also shouldn't automatically paint someone with a broad brush based upon a single statement.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will start the day with a reminder to keep this thread moving along in a civil manner.
    If it touches the lines I will close it and give out the appropriate awards.

Nuff said.

Please consider this in-thread warning, post on the thread topic only. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

OK....this is 2 against the rest.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That is a fair and valid point. I've called out professional incompetence before, but not publically. I wouldn't have a media audience though because my profession isn't under this level of scrutiny. I don't think this profession should be either. Many of the incidents have turned out to not be as initially reported. Nobody wants to wait and see how the investigations all play out. They want to burn neighborhoods for a narrative that didn't occur, ala hands up don't shoot.

It's hard to not have a degree of apprehensiveness after being fooled into this false narrative time and again.
    Yeah, flying off the handle before all the information (or enough) is known is dangerous and, as we recently saw, potentially life threatening. I've found that organizations are usually reluctant to step up to or even recognize when violations to procedures and sound practices are brought to their attention.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Ok, then what about part 2? :)
    No. The media does it enough already.

If there were a case where a shooting was obviously racially motivated, like the idiot in SC(obviously wasn't an officer), maybe. For these cases where the media makes race an issue, no.

In reference to your first point, I do not see LEOs being able to win here. They will always want to wait until the facts are actually out for each incident. The media does not wait, they try the case immediately and often come to incorrect conclusions. By the time the facts are actually out, the media tends to lose interest.

Top Bottom