• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I edited it before anyone even had the chance to post a response... I'd suggest my spidey senses did kick in.. as I said approximately 60 seconds after posting.

You got burned by an onion article and corrected it immediately. Don't fret.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    5 killed and 6 wounded is not "regular".

No, but I just want to keep my thinking real. I disagree with how BLM is going about the problem, and I think they're not going to be successful the way they're doing things. It doesn't help white people not fear black people, when black protesters do silly crap like take over mics at rallies, and castigate the crowds for having the audacity to rally about some other cause than theirs. It doesn't help white attitudes about blacks when they crashed Milo's speech and generally acted like fools on stage. We're told that implicit in the name "Black Lives Matters" is the idea that Black lives matter too. But implicit in that kind of behavior is the attitude that only Black lives matter.

And as far as white police and whatever stereotypes and biases they may have towards blacks, when people representing BLM with bullhorns, lead chants of "what do we want?", "Dead cops.", "When do we want it?", "NOW!", and "Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon.", exactly what does that do for those stereotypes if not reinforces them? It's not the whole BLM movement doing that, but that's what we're seeing on the news and social media. If the problem is how whites view black people, the solution can't involve reinforcing wrong stereotypes. And if BLM doesn't agree with all the racist posturing, they need to demonstrate that openly so that we know they're not racists themselves.

I've gone way off point. So as far as my point on "regular". The entire movement did not kill those 5 officers. Maybe the shooter had a lot of help from other radicalized groups to get to the point of carrying it out. And maybe some cues from overzealous BLM leaders, a dishonest press, an out of touch President, and the race industry helped fuel him to do it. But it looks now like a lone, deranged, radicalized individual did those things. Cops have faced lone nutballs before for whatever reason or cause, and have died trying to stop them before. While not normal, it does serve Kut's point that officers routinely face these kinds of dangers. That it's part of the job.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Didnt follow the link, but I wouldnt be surprised if the deleting was done after the fact. Maybe I'm jaded?

MJ:"cops must die!"
    BPG members: "Amen, brother!"
    *MJ executes his plan*
    BPG admins behind the scenes: "Holy crap he was serious and wasnt just posturing and talking smack! Quick! Disable his account and tell everyone we kicked him out!" *disable account*

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Didnt follow the link, but I wouldnt be surprised if the deleting was done after the fact. Maybe I'm jaded?

*MJ executes his plan*
    BPG admins behind the scenes: "Holy crap he was serious and wasnt just posturing and talking smack! Quick! Disable his account and tell everyone we kicked him out!" *disable account*

Damage control.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Last edited:

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    No, but I just want to keep my thinking real. I disagree with how BLM is going about the problem, and I think they're not going to be successful the way they're doing things. It doesn't help white people not fear black people, when black protesters do silly crap like take over mics at rallies, and castigate the crowds for having the audacity to rally about some other cause than theirs. It doesn't help white attitudes about blacks when they crashed Milo's speech and generally acted like fools on stage. We're told that implicit in the name "Black Lives Matters" is the idea that Black lives matter too. But implicit in that kind of behavior is the attitude that only Black lives matter. And as far as white police and whatever stereotypes and biases they may have towards blacks, when people representing BLM with bullhorns, lead chants of "what do we want?", "Dead cops.", "When do we want it?", "NOW!", and "Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon.", exactly what does that do for those stereotypes if not reinforces them? It's not the whole BLM movement doing that, but that's what we're seeing on the news and social media. If the problem is how whites view black people, the solution can't involve reinforcing wrong stereotypes. And if BLM doesn't agree with all the racist posturing, they need to demonstrate that openly so that we know they're not racists themselves. I've gone way off point. So as far as my point on "regular". The entire movement did not kill those 5 officers. Maybe the shooter had a lot of help from other radicalized groups to get to the point of carrying it out. And maybe some cues from overzealous BLM leaders, a dishonest press, an out of touch President, and the race industry helped fuel him to do it. But it looks now like a lone, deranged, radicalized individual did those things. Cops have faced lone nutballs before for whatever reason or cause, and have died trying to stop them before. While not normal, it does serve Kut's point that officers routinely face these kinds of dangers. That it's part of the job.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jamil again. You've made a habit of composing excellent posts lately.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

*MJ executes his plan*
    For some reason I am reminded of the Al Sharpton video where he encourages his followers to kill the cracker cops... I am shocked the MSM hasn't been playing that video and wondering if the Dallas shooter was influenced by it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For some reason I am reminded of the Al Sharpton video where he encourages his followers to kill the cracker cops... I am shocked the MSM hasn't been playing that video and wondering if the Dallas shooter was influenced by it.

Johnson was 25 years old. Sharpton said that in '92. Johnson would have been around 1. Odds are he was probably radicalized by something more recent, and more widespread known.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yes. No malpractice case (save a single, rare exception) can go to trial without a doctor calling another doctor's care malpractice, on the record.

Yes. I can't give names and circumstances, but I could. It happens regularly.

Does you friend do medical malpractice work all day every day? I do. It may be that what what a lawyer thinks is malpractice isn't, which would explain why it's hard for a lawyer to get a doctor to break bad on another doctor. The experienced med mal plaintiff's attorneys generally only bring supportable cases and almost always are able to find a doctor to be critical. That doesn't mean they win all their cases, only that there is a real issue in most cases. It's downright fun with a general plaintiff's attorney decides to dabble in med mal.

No, she's not a full time malpractice attorney. I get the sense from your comments is that the answer is 'yes' they will rat out another doctor but it has to be for pretty gross cases. And don't get me wrong, I'm not really singling out particular professions to pick on them because I know it's beaten into most of us at an early age that snitches get stitches or nobody likes a tattle-tale. In my engineering field, it takes a pretty bad instance for somebody to go to management about someone else's actions. Some will if they know the action or inaction will get somebody hurt or damage equipment--some won't; they figure they'll eventually get found out or that it's not their job. Look into the GM ignition switch fiasco for an example of people not speaking up when they could have/should have.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Regarding professionals ratting out their own kind: IT people are definitely willing to sell each other out. Especially sys admins!

"No idea why he coded function() this way. That's stupid!"

"The guy who set up this server didn't know what he was doing!"

No honor among thieves.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just planting this here for now, as it's yet another officer shooting. Probably unrelated, so read it or don't. Focusing on the "cop shooting" aspect, and making no assumptions of race being involved.

- At least 4 shot
    - At teast 3 dead
    - 1 police officer shot

Inside Berrien County Courthouse in Michigan

Since Thursday, cops have been shot at in Georgia, Tennessee, San Antonio (TX), Missouri, and now Michigan

Update: Prisoner took a gun from a cop on the way to jail. State police have secured the scene

And there you go. You can now get back to whatever you were doing.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just planting this here for now, as it's yet another officer shooting. Probably unrelated, so read it or don't.

- At least 4 shot
    - At teast 3 dead
    - 1 police officer shot

Inside Berrien County Courthouse in Michigan

Since Thursday, cops have been shot at in Georgia, Tennessee, San Antonio (TX), and now Michigan

Kinda jumping the gun by placing it in this thread 'eh?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Johnson was 25 years old. Sharpton said that in '92. Johnson would have been around 1. Odds are he was probably radicalized by something more recent, and more widespread known.

If you get a chance, see if you can find a stream of Dana Loesch's show today. One of her TV contributors, Lawrence Jones, got a chance to interview Johnson's mom.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, he's one I always think of as someone who might've had ulterior motives. But, I was talking more about officers saying something about publicized bad shoots. Like, does the FOP ever come out and say, "That shoot was REALLY bad."? The blue line tends to make that really hard to do, so credibility suffers.

At least, that was the point being made by the commentator.

But, there's an interesting corollary. If a Muslim sees another Muslim at a mosque, and some of the conversations seem "iffy," should he say something? Is it best for them to simply leave it alone?

And, out of respect for GPishvhunhahrn, it probably is best to leave this thread alone for awhile and await another opportunity to revisit this. Because, there most certainly will be more opportunities.

I've asked this same question about some alleged victims/suspects. There's always a relative or friend saying, "He was turning his life around. He wouldn't hurt anyone." Yet the "victim"/suspect has a rap sheet as long as your arm. Just once I'd like to hear an honest person say, "Yeah, he was a real dickhead. It was only a matter of time before he screwed up one too many times and got what was coming to him." (Not referring to the recent shootings in particular, just speaking generally.)

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I've asked this same question about some alleged victims/suspects. There's always a relative or friend saying, "He was turning his life around. He wouldn't hurt anyone." Yet the "victim"/suspect has a rap sheet as long as your arm. Just once I'd like to hear an honest person say, "Yeah, he was a real dickhead. It was only a matter of time before he screwed up one too many times and got what was coming to him." (Not referring to the recent shootings in particular, just speaking generally.)

I wouldn't hold my breath for either, too much effect on any civil litigation. But I agree, it would refreshing.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I don't think anyone called Desmond Turner a good boy or claimed he was turning his life around, but I could be mistaken.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't think anyone called Desmond Turner a good boy or claimed he was turning his life around, but I could be mistaken.

Of course I was speaking in general terms, but you have to admit that it's usually how it goes after someone is arrested for a serious crime, or if they were killed under suspicious circumstances (like a drug deal gone bad for instance). A year or two ago they arrested a couple of people, most notably a guy with a cross tatoo on his forehead ala Charles Manson's swastika for murdering 4 other people in what turned out to be a drug related robbery. His relatives were commenting on the facebook stories from the news stations and all, to a person, said he was never violent, good guy, yada yada. I guess if killing 4 people isn't enough to make you realize that yes, he is violent, and no, he is not a "good guy", then I'm thinking you've set the bar too low for your expectations of nonviolence and "good guy-ism".

Top Bottom