• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I like Abbott...I'd rather not see him stoop to playing those sorts of games and playing by theses rules.

The trouble with not playing "the game," especially when "the game" is well entrenched, is you then leave the advantage to the enemy. Make the enemy live up to his own standards. (I think somebody already said that). Make him come out and say that killing a cop because you hate cops is not a "hate crime." Then make him explain why trivial matters like baking a cake is "hate" worth punishing but killing a cop for being a cop is not.

Then propose to make it a hate crime to kill firefighters, county clerks, powerplant operators, whatever. The best way to delegitimize a bad policy is to enforce it equally across the board, take it to its absurd ends. (But you have to do it quickly, while things that are absurd are still recognized as absurd. I am old enough to remember that when people criticized feminism because it would lead to unisex bathrooms, they were hooted down as crazy and "nobody is going to take away your bathrooms.")

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The trouble with not playing "the game," especially when "the game" is well entrenched, is you then leave the advantage to the enemy. Make the enemy live up to his own standards. (I think somebody already said that). Make him come out and say that killing a cop because you hate cops is not a "hate crime." Then make him explain why trivial matters like baking a cake is "hate" worth punishing but killing a cop for being a cop is not.

Then propose to make it a hate crime to kill firefighters, county clerks, powerplant operators, whatever. The best way to delegitimize a bad policy is to enforce it equally across the board, take it to its absurd ends. (But you have to do it quickly, while things that are absurd are still recognized as absurd. I am old enough to remember that when people criticized feminism because it would lead to unisex bathrooms, they were hooted down as crazy and "nobody is going to take away your bathrooms.")

Oh I know. Maybe that's what he's doing and I missed it in the reading? If so, I don't mind him trolling the SJWs. If not, I really hate to watch good guys embrace this sort of stuff.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    An odd side effect of this violence, but it actually makes sense when you think about it. Rioting has been good for Papa John's stock which has gone up in response to increased business as people are looking to order delivery more instead of heading out for restaurant food.

Papa John's Upgraded On Expectation Civil Unrest, Rioting Will Lead To More Pizza Deliveries | Zero Hedge

After speaking with several large operators and industry contacts, we believe the recent decline in casual dining restaurant segment fundamentals—traffic down 3% to 5% the past several weeks—may be the result of consumers eating more at home amid the current political/social backdrop.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Given the history of so many who believe this fallacy (that cops actually routinely go hunting and executing certain ethnicities), this is totally unsurprising.

I'm not sure the title of that article is valid. It appears that the reason the group opposes Atlanta's relationship with Israel, is related to their psedo-Apartheid system, and the militarization of LE. I skimmed over the article, and did not see a reference to Israel training the leadership of Atlanta PD to have policies that disproportionately put minorities at risk.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The players should do it anyways. The Cowboys don't have the nerve to issue a suspension/fine to someone that does follow through.

The league can, and has. "No Fun League."

One notable exception I can think of is when Reggie Wayne wore orange gloves for a game to support Vogel's leukemia battle. There was a real risk that the league would fine him because the color was not an approved part of the uniform.

So, patches are not an option, but I'm sure someone creative could come up with some other way of showing respect.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    They don't have to modify their uniforms, just figure out a way to show solidarity.

nfl-ferguson_protest_tor500.jpg

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

Heaven forbid doing something positive and proper.........:dunno:

This PC crap has to end.

If the NFL thought they could make more money through their apparel marketing department than they would make through fines the NFL would be all behind it. Think of all the money they make on pink ribbon cancer gear. Sadly the NFL would probably have higher apparel sales of BLM gear than anything honoring police.

Top Bottom