• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I used those words in a different comment. You can assume whatever you want regarding my racial prejudices, I won't try to convince you otherwise. I wouldn't weep over a white person ran over under the same circumstances. Act the fool, and die the death of a fool... why would I care. There is a difference between how people of different races view the lawless actions of their own color.. but I would suggest to you white people are not the ones holding protectionist attitudes toward people within their own race once they break the law.

For some, yeah, there certainly is. I, personal, like using deadly force on people that present themselves as a threat to physical well-being of others... you apparently don't share that view. It's doesn't take a huge leap of imagination to come to a conclusion of that says about our society, especially in the current context, when people are proponents of serious harming others simply because they disagree where they may be happen to be standing at the time.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    For some, yeah, there certainly is. I, personal, like using deadly force on people that present themselves as a threat to physical well-being of others... you apparently don't share that view. It's doesn't take a huge leap of imagination to come to a conclusion of that says about our society, especially in the current context, when people are proponents of serious harming others simply because they disagree where they may be happen to be standing at the time.

I am not advocating stepping on the gas and intentionally running anyone over. But I've seen people slowly push through crowds and I can't blame them. We've seen the circumstances of these protests dissolve into riots. Are they supposed to sit there in their cars patiently awaiting the turning point to be transformed into victims? Is there a legit concern and threat of serious harm to others in these circumstances? I think so.

That said, people rush into traffic (see Oakland last week) and get splatted due to their absolute disregard for safety.. not only their own but everyone's (think of the accidents these actions could cause).. and no. I weep for NONE of them. That must be the compassionate liberal side of you oozing out.. I don't share the same concerns you have.

Would you support the prosecution to the fullest extent of the law if such an action caused serious injury or death due to the sudden stoppage of traffic on an interstate? To the entire group as a whole.. Or is it just collateral damage of a frustrated group of individuals?

Last edited:

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Well, that escalated quickly.:wrongdoor:

Sorry, trying to de-escalate. To assume racial prejudice didn't strike me as a fair assertion. I have nieces of mixed race that I would die for. In Laws that are some of the finest and most exemplary people you'd ever have the opportunity to know that are of different racial heritage. He took buzz words and ran with them...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have been around Kut, but you are assuming because other anti-Obama posts have indicated these ideas, they are one I support and hold as well. That is not a fair assumption.

Ok AA&E, if you want black people to stop have the belief that they are being purposefully targeted and harmed for frivolous reasons, it's best to not suggest how acceptable it would be to harm them for frivolous reasons... like standing in the road, and being run over by a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed.
    What's fair? How about having LE, gear up, travel over there and forcibly remove them in they resist. WHO can argue with that? I can't. But to officer a remedy in which loss of life is likely? Yeah, let's not.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Ok AA&E, if you want black people to stop have the belief that they are being purposefully targeted and harmed for frivolous reasons, it's best to not suggest how acceptable it would be to harm them for frivolous reasons... like standing in the road, and being run over by a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed.
    What's fair? How about having LE, gear up, travel over there and forcibly remove them in they resist. WHO can argue with that? I can't. But to officer a remedy in which loss of life is likely? Yeah, let's not.

These protests turn into RIOTS Kut, with far too regularity. Are people supposed to sit there inside their vehicles and wait for that turning point to occur and be conveniently placed victims? Is that the answer? You failed to answer the concerns over the safety issue to the motorists. This type of action causes death, is that group as a whole held accountable or swept under the rug as an acceptable loss? These actions are reckless and indiscriminate. If some of them get ran over due to their negligence it is their fault alone...

And where did my post suggest that anyone be purposely targeted for blocking traffic? I said if they show no concern for their safety, why should I. Once again you take words and run with your own preconceived meaning.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am not advocating stepping on the gas and intentionally running anyone over. But I've seen people slowly push through crowds and I can't blame them. We've seen the circumstances of these protests dissolve into riots. Are they supposed to sit there in their cars patiently awaiting the turning point to be transformed into victims? That said, people rush into traffic (see Oakland last week) and get splatted due to their absolute disregard for safety.. not only their own but everyone's (think of the accidents these actions could cause).. and no. I weep for NONE of them. That must be the compassionate liberal side of you oozing out.. I don't share the same concerns you have.

Would you support the prosecution to the fullest extent of the law if such an action caused serious injury or death due to the sudden stoppage of traffic on an interstate? To the entire group as a whole.. Or is it just collateral damage of a frustrated group of individuals?

Your earlier words don't exactly inspire confidence. At the very least, you have indicated that you would be indifferent to loss of life under such circumstances.
    And what do you think, concerning my support of charging protesters blocking a roadway and it leads to serious injury or death? You haven't a clue of where I would stand? I don't even think I need to answer that, because I think my world outlook is fairly well understood.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Not adding fuel to this particular fire here, and not trying to blow my own horn too much here, but remember that post a few pages back that mentioned respectable people protesting in a respectable manner, then being treated abominably and winning over converts?
    More than likely, those people from that bygone era would look at intentionally blocking major highways as decidedly dis-respectful, not to mention dangerous, profoundly selfish, and totally counterproductive.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    These protests turn into RIOTS Kut, with far too regularity. Are people supposed to sit there inside their vehicles and wait for that turning point to occur and be conveniently placed victims? Is that the answer? You failed to answer the concerns over the safety issue to the motorists. This type of action causes death, is that group as a whole held accountable or swept under the rug as an acceptable loss? These actions are reckless and indiscriminate. If some of them get ran over due to their negligence it is their fault alone...

And where did my post suggest that anyone be purposely targeted for blocking traffic? I said if they show no concern for their safety, why should I. Once again you take words and run with your own preconceived meaning.

There's a difference between running over a guy trying to get into your car during a spontaneous riot and barreling into a crowd at 75mph, simply because they were blocking the roadway.
    Your problem, and trust me, it's not solely your problem (it's widespread) is how you don't realize how your words sound in other people's ears. This is a very, very sensitive subject. For majority of officers that carry the brunt of opposition for the actions of the few, and have to continuously have to hear how racist they are, it's distressing. It's also distressing for the majority of law-abiding, gainfully employed blacks who have to continuously hear how bad or subversive they are. When the majority, regardless whether police of black people or anybody, are continuously mislabeled there IS going to be pushback.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Not adding fuel to this particular fire here, and not trying to blow my own horn too much here, but remember that post a few pages back that mentioned respectable people protesting in a respectable manner, then being treated abominably and winning over converts?
    More than likely, those people from that bygone era would look at intentionally blocking major highways as decidedly dis-respectful, not to mention dangerous, profoundly selfish, and totally counterproductive.

AMEN.. no matter what color you are or where you come from stopping traffic on a interstate has to be one of the most stupid and self centered "LOOK AT ME" excuses to make a point. Running someone over intentionally is wrong but if one of the attention grabbers got hit by accident ... I would feel bad for the operator of the vehicle and the people's family. Darwin's law applies here. Been watching this thread for sometime and its sad.. period. There is no winners here. All the fancy debating and words wont fix it. Someone is going to bring a Olive branch.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    As a Christian from a Christian family, we watched Dr. King and others of his day march. They comported themselves in a proper manner. They spoke respectfully, even kindly. They came across as brothers and sisters in Christ. How could we not support him and his cause. Now watch the videos we see of these current marches.... not so much.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I won't disagree with any of that. There's a time, place, and manner for everything. And depending on how one chooses, often dictate the amount of support they will have in the future. BLM, generally, has taken up the right cause, but have certainly choosen the wrong way to move it forward.... BUT than can almost be equally be said of those that oppose them. No one is offering a working alternative to solve our problems.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Pit bulls and pepper gas?

FWIW I still like the idea of 75MPH snowplows best.

Blocking a friggin' highway is just asking for it.
    Its not the same as a march downtown with a street blocked off.

It's just being all the A hole one can be.

So you're completely ok killing people because the block a street?

I'm ok with people getting run over for not demonstrating any concern for self preservation. If they don't care, why should I?

context supplied for clarity. Ask yourself under what circumstances should you care and not care about careless people?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    context supplied for clarity. Ask yourself under what circumstances should you care and not care about careless people?

Posted before I was finished.

If a good friend or loved one showed no concern about their safety would you run them over? Personally, I think the people shutting down an Interstate highway are breaking the law and they should all be prosecuted. But the penalty for that isn't Capital punishment.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    As a Christian from a Christian family, we watched Dr. King and others of his day march. They comported themselves in a proper manner. They spoke respectfully, even kindly. They came across as brothers and sisters in Christ. How could we not support him and his cause. Now watch the videos we see of these current marches.... not so much.

EXACTLY. How this goes on in is in the wrong direction. Protest for a reason and loot a store.. awesome... stop traffic on a interstate Einstein's and list goes on and on. I know people that drove down to a march and just went to protest.. did not matter for what or who, no other reason. Just to bang a drum and make noise. They had no heart in this.. I know some do and the reason behind. But most are there just to protest.. kitten juggling or free phones.. many are there just to make noise because they can.. how they do and who they affect they dont care.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    EXACTLY. How this goes on in is in the wrong direction. Protest for a reason and loot a store.. awesome... stop traffic on a interstate Einstein's and list goes on and on. I know people that drove down to a march and just went to protest.. did not matter for what or who, no other reason. Just to bang a drum and make noise. They had no heart in this.. I know some do and the reason behind. But most are there just to protest.. kitten juggling or free phones.. many are there just to make noise because they can.. how they do and who they affect they dont care.

For those who didn't get the joke:
    [video=youtube;1bGVT4-1DBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bGVT4-1DBU[/video]

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

[video=youtube;6gLMSf4afzo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gLMSf4afzo[/video]

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Your earlier words don't exactly inspire confidence. At the very least, you have indicated that you would be indifferent to loss of life under such circumstances.
    And what do you think, concerning my support of charging protesters blocking a roadway and it leads to serious injury or death? You haven't a clue of where I would stand? I don't even think I need to answer that, because I think my world outlook is fairly well understood.

Got it, your world outlook is fairly well understood. Mine on the other hand is subject to be bent and contorted to whatever suits your needs to feel victimized and outraged.

My words do not have to inspire confidence Kut. It's not my responsibility to have an opinion that inspires confidence. Just as it is apparently not the protestors responsibility to proceed with actions that reflect a concern for their fellow man.

Top Bottom