• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm no expert, but based on the pictures of his body he wasn't killed by an explosive. His body appears to be completely intact and there is rubble all around him, which leads me to believe he was killed by objects propelled by the blast. But that sure doesn't fit the narrative, or the agenda.

I'm not an expert but as a former Combat Engineer have a bit of knowledge on the matter. 1 lb of C4 isn't a huge amount. I wouldn't expect there to be a ton of external damage to the body. We were taught to make a booby trap that would kill solely due to lung damage, so just because the exterior isn't sausage doesn't mean much.

In broad strokes, the detonation velocity of C-4 is roughly 8,000 meters per second, so it's a pretty fast explosive. (Black powder is well below 1,000 meters per second) It makes a very fast pressure spike in an enclosed space. That compresses a bunch of air really fast as it tries to push the air out of the way. That compressed air does work, like liquids do in hydraulics, as it contacts things. The outside of the body may look pretty good because skin can be compressed quite a bit without damage. Organs that can't be compressed much without injury will take the brunt of the damage, and things like "blast lung" are quite deadly.

Blast lung injury. - PubMed - NCBI says it in medical speak:

High-order explosive detonations result in near instantaneous transformation of the explosive material into a highly pressurized gas, releasing energy at supersonic speeds. This results in the formation of a blast wave that travels out from the epicenter of the blast. Primary blast injuries are characterized by anatomical and physiological changes from the force generated by the blast wave impacting the body's surface, and affect primarily gas-containing structures (lungs, gastrointestinal tract, ears). "Blast lung" is a clinical diagnosis and is characterized as respiratory difficulty and hypoxia without obvious external injury to the chest.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It was not intended as such, but in light of that some find it ambiguous, allow me to please say explicitly that it was not a condemnation of INGo as a whole.

If I have any issue with a post or poster, I try to make it very clear what I am referring to. In this case I find the reference to GS dogs and water cannons being used on black protesters to be imprudent at best insofar as how gun owners are perceived by the populace as a whole.

I also see it as something likely to push black gun owners away from here.

This troubles me.
    I can understand where you're coming from and I agree with you're sentiments.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How does someone get kick out of the Army with an honorable?

It sounds more like he finished his enlistment and no action was taken to make anything else appropriate. The equivalent of running out the clock for commanders.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    General discharge for misconduct is still an honorable as I recall. Of everybody that gets the boot, I believe it is a very small percentage that actually get a dishonorable. There are far easier ways with much less due process than going full dishonorable.

KellyinAvon, SMSgt (retired), USAF is here to answer these important questions.

There are administrative (Honorable, General, Under Other Than Honorable Conditions) and punitive (Bad Conduct, Dishonorable) discharges. Honorable isn't that hard to get and it gets you the full enchilada of benefits that include GI Bill (which is AWESOME.) A General or Under Other Than Honorable Conditions discharge means there was something UCMJ-action related, but not a discharge from a Special Court-Martial (Bad Conduct) or General (Bad Conduct or Dishonorable) discharge.

Bad Conduct = misdemeanor (Special Court-Martial), Dishonorable = felony (General Court-Martial).

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    KellyinAvon, SMSgt (retired), USAF is here to answer these important questions.

There are administrative (Honorable, General, Under Other Than Honorable Conditions) and punitive (Bad Conduct, Dishonorable) discharges. Honorable isn't that hard to get and it gets you the full enchilada of benefits that include GI Bill (which is AWESOME.) A General or Under Other Than Honorable Conditions discharge means there was something UCMJ-action related, but not a discharge from a Special Court-Martial (Bad Conduct) or General (Bad Conduct or Dishonorable) discharge.

Bad Conduct = misdemeanor (Special Court-Martial), Dishonorable = felony (General Court-Martial).

Rep for describing it perfectly.
    I knew lots of guys who received what we called "OTH" aka Other Than Honorable (what you called Under Other Than Honorable Conditions), almost always either from not studying for their weewee test, or from having two alcohol-related incidents.
    I only knew two guys who received Bad Conduct Discharges, one for getting spotted with a Ziploc full of white powder (it wasn't Gold Bond) in his locker, and the other for actually diving over the side while we were tied up to the pier in Norfolk...while on restriction, meaning that he had already been sent up for captain's mast, upgrading it to breaking restriction.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Another protest going on in Memphis

[video=youtube;pXbuP19AWDM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXbuP19AWDM[/video]

Police don't want to remove them from the area even though they're preventing truckers from getting through to do their job.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Police don't want to remove them from the area even though they're preventing truckers from getting through to do their job.

LEO is hamstrung and these groups know it.
    They will get more and more emboldened.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

God dammit, quit posting this ****, I gotta get some work done tonight!!! :rofl:

Top Bottom