• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't believe anyone has the right to interfere with my freedom of movement without just cause.

According to Burns Ind. Code Ann. § 35-42-3-2a person commits kidnapping if s/he knowingly or intentionally confines or removes another person:

• With intent to obtain ransom;
    • While hijacking a vehicle;
    • With intent to obtain the release, or intent to aid in the escape, of any person from lawful detention; or
    • With intent to use the person confined as a shield or hostage;
    In Indiana, kidnapping is a Class A felony.

So what would you do if you were called to a scene where some guy shot several people because they were standing in the road?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't think restricting traffic flow is a "first amendment" issue.
    If they want to protest, then they can pull over for a minute, hour, day, or whatever. They can repaint their trailer with their message.
    They can hold a gathering.
    Whatever.

But just because they want to "get the message out" doesn't mean they need to stop people from getting their pay cut for being late to work.
    What about that ambulance that gets stuck in a traffic snarl?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That's all true and speaks to the sympathy such protests either gather or negate. I don't sympathize with most of the pia protests that interrupt my peace and quiet. I do believe they have a right to say what they need to say....and in many cases the issue of "justice" or "fairness" is entirely appropriate. But I don't respond well to discourtesy. Most of us don't.

So, BLM may be right about many things. I do believe they are going about it the wrong way.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Wow. I completely disagree, and so do most of the founders and Emerson, Thoreau....

Civil disobedience is as important as suffrage.

That was in an era where the vast vast majority of people were self-sufficient. Now we have a huge class of lazy folks who do not work, are fully supported by taxpayers and then go out and block the very taxpayers who are supporting them.

Nope. Not in my town.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The Tea Party destroyed property. Quite a big difference from a peaceful protest.
    The right to protest is like any other right. There is a point where a right exercised infringes other people's rights such that it exceeds that being a right. Diverse people will disagree on the exact point but reasonable people will at least agree that there is a point.

Also, protesting should not supersede the law. The Truckers who drove 20mph violated minimum speed laws. They all should have been cited, enforcement discretion notwithstanding. There's a cost to such protests. Emergency vehicles can't get through. Innocent people may lose income. Maybe the cause is easier justified in the minds of protesters when they think protesting costs nothing.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
    face.jpg

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    So you're completely ok killing people because the block a street?

I would hope they'd get out of the way, like when the Illinois Nazis jump off the bridge in the Blues Brothers movie!

[video=youtube;-ukFAvYP3UU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ukFAvYP3UU[/video]

And water cannons would be better than unleashing R2-D2 with a claymore strapped to his forehead to get a guy we should arrest rather than blow up.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    After the truckers did the slow moving roadblock the federal government pasted a law against doing so, the reason you don't see any more.

36 CFR 4.13 - OBSTRUCTING TRAFFIC

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I wonder what kind of idiots they learned to sit down on the floor in the middle of a protest from?

Women_Sitin-600x599.jpg

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Are we discussing the justification of the use of such tool? Sure, there's a time and place where it could be applicable. But when? Do you think it should've been used in Dallas before the shots rang out?

What part of the word "riot" did you miss?
    The BLM gathering itself in Dallas, while sadly infested by some obnoxious people (the dancing with joy moments after the news of the killed LEO first came in), was not that.
    You're missing the point, which is that water cannons and releasing the hounds is the sort of tactic that is far more common and a tactic that is still used in other places, including Europe and especially South America and Asia, but not so much (if ever) here these days.
    Again, what part of that was missed?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are we discussing the justification of the use of such tool? Sure, there's a time and place where it could be applicable. But when? Do you think it should've been used in Dallas before the shots rang out?
    Not in Dallas. Probably most recently in Minnesota. Definitely in Baltimore and St Louis when they had the riots there.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What part of the word "riot" did you miss?
    The BLM gathering itself in Dallas, while sadly infested by some obnoxious people (the dancing with joy moments after the news of the killed LEO first came in), was not that.
    You're missing the point, which is that water cannons and releasing the hounds is the sort of tactic that is far more common and a tactic that is still used in other places, including Europe and especially South America and Asia, but not so much (if ever) here these days.
    Again, what part of that was missed?

Nope, not a fan of water cannons, too much escalation. That would undoubtedly end up with well more violence than intended.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis
    Top Bottom