• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Right, but in most instances those guys aren't intent on doing harm correct? Only appearing to be a threat and thus put down.

If you have access to PoliceOne's training programs online, look up their counter-ambush one. One of the case studies on the training is a guy who called himself in as a MWAG threatening people, then shot the responding officer. Suicide by cop often escalates if they don't get their way. I don't know enough to say if "most instances" go one way or the other, but the potential is certainly always there.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you have access to PoliceOne's training programs online, look up their counter-ambush one. One of the case studies on the training is a guy who called himself in as a MWAG threatening people, then shot the responding officer. Suicide by cop often escalates if they don't get their way. I don't know enough to say if "most instances" go one way or the other, but the potential is certainly always there.

I do, ill look for it

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The gunman who fatally shot five Dallas law enforcement officers appeared delusional, taunted police during extensive negotiations by singing and “laughing at us” and wrote cryptic messages on a wall with his own blood before he was killed by a bomb-equipped robot, Dallas Police Chief David Brown said Sunday.

-https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/dallas-police-chief-shooter-seemed-delusional-scrawled-cryptic-messages-in-blood/2016/07/10/bd1c0d96-46a9-11e6-bdb9-701687974517_story.html

So, nothing new here. Guy who's not right upstairs gets a message that allows him to be a "hero" in his own mind, and becomes violent.

The white version, for those that care to recall, was this: Las Vegas shooting suspects left swastika, "Don't tread on me" flag on dead officers - CBS News and I said the exact same thing on this forum when those murders happen. When you spread the "tyrant" narrative, borderline nut jobs are going to bite on it.

When you've got groups spreading fear and calling for violence they are going to inspire this type of behavior, period. It's not a race thing, it's not a religion thing, it's good ol' fashioned division for the sake of power and if violence occurs, oh well, that can only help the narrative.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You really want to suggest this? Really?

Im surprised Kut and Que bother sticking around here sometimes.

So when I quote a specific poster and refer to him in the singular "you" I somehow cast a net over all of INGo? Mmmmkay....
    I think using the context of your entire post which includes the second sentence you omitted might lead someone to the conclusion that suggests what one particular member posts represents INGo as a whole. Why should Kut or Que consider not sticking around "here" (INGo) be based on one singular poster?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I think using the context of your entire post which includes the second sentence you omitted might lead someone to the conclusion that suggests what one particular member posts represents INGo as a whole. Why should Kut or Que consider not sticking around "here" (INGo) be based on one singular poster?
    I've reconsidered my participation here based upon one poster.

If if you THINK something MIGHT LEAD someone to a CONCLUSION that SUGGESTS something, I THINK you might be taking something out of the context it was EXPLICITLY put in for a reason.

Line one of my post was explicit context.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...might lead someone to the conclusion that suggests what one particular member posts represents INGo as a whole...

Anyone that follows much at all cannot help but run into the terribly bad habit some have picked up of cloaking all of INGO with something a disagreeable a post or few has implied. Even some of our most respected (LEO and lawyer) members have adapted this very negative, belittling to INGO, practice.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You really want to suggest this? Really?

Im surprised Kut and Que bother sticking around here sometimes.

I've reconsidered my participation here based upon one poster.

If if you THINK something MIGHT LEAD someone to a CONCLUSION that SUGGESTS something, I THINK you might be taking something out of the context it was EXPLICITLY put in for a reason.

Line one of my post was explicit context.
    I'm not looking to get in a protracted disagreement because I know you like to argue a point until it's ground into dust. I'm just stating the observation that your second sentence could be considered by some as broadening the context. That's all.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I'm not looking to get in a protracted disagreement because I know you like to argue a point until it's ground into dust. I'm just stating the observation that your second sentence could be considered by some as broadening the context. That's all.
    It was not intended as such, but in light of that some find it ambiguous, allow me to please say explicitly that it was not a condemnation of INGo as a whole.

If I have any issue with a post or poster, I try to make it very clear what I am referring to. In this case I find the reference to GS dogs and water cannons being used on black protesters to be imprudent at best insofar as how gun owners are perceived by the populace as a whole.

I also see it as something likely to push black gun owners away from here.

This troubles me.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    BS. Where are all the holes from the steel balls?

Yeah. I was looking for them. Could be that we really can't see the holes because the drywall was disturbed by the blast only.

Looks a lot more like it concussive than projectile, though. I dunno. Whatever it was, worked.

EDIT: Per CNN

Update: Dallas PD has confirmed that the explosive device on the robot was a 1-pound C4 plastic explosive plus "Det" cord

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I'm no expert, but based on the pictures of his body he wasn't killed by an explosive. His body appears to be completely intact and there is rubble all around him, which leads me to believe he was killed by objects propelled by the blast. But that sure doesn't fit the narrative, or the agenda.

There has been a lot of bad information coming out. At one " a guy who knew a guy" said there was nothing left. It's all over the place. But these pics support what you are saying.

Im not an AK expert, but that does look like a Saiga.

Top Bottom