• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Actually, that sounds more like any of a number of Soviet-bloc countries during the Cold War.
    That is, unless actual water cannons (Bull Connor's goons walking with live fire hoses doesn't count) were standard equipment in pre-1964 America.

We're not in the Soviet Bloc. We're in the United States of America. When one indicates using water cannons and German shepherds on people in the modern context, it undoubtedly will conjure images of their employment on people during the Civil Rights Era. Something WELL more document and viewed, in American homes, than Eastern Europe protests. Surely, I don't need to explain that you?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Unfortunately, there's more than one Charlie Tuna with a bulging can lid in the group.

It's much easier just to say that it was a poorly conceived post and leave it at that rather than attempting to deflect and spin an obviously inappropriate racist tactic used by police during the civil rights era.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    We're not in the Soviet Bloc. We're in the United States of America. When one indicates using water cannons and German shepherds on people in the modern context, it undoubtedly will conjure images of their employment on people during the Civil Rights Era. Something WELL more document and viewed, in American homes, than Eastern Europe protests. Surely, I don't need to explain that you?

Call me obtuse if you like, but dogs and water cannons were and still are far more common in other countries, including even such "enlightened" countries as Greece.
    If it comes down to actual riots, would it be preferable to use something even more aggressive?
    And don't even pretend that there aren't large numbers of anarchist **** stains who will and and have been deliberately inciting exactly that.
    Oh wait, we'll just order everyone to stand down and watch entire cities burn instead.
    Yeah, that works even better.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Pit bulls and pepper gas?

FWIW I still like the idea of 75MPH snowplows best.

Blocking a friggin' highway is just asking for it.
    Its not the same as a march downtown with a street blocked off.

It's just being all the A hole one can be.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Call me obtuse if you like, but dogs and water cannons were and still are far more common in other countries, including even such "enlightened" countries as Greece.
    If it comes down to actual riots, would it be preferable to use something even more aggressive?
    And don't even pretend that there aren't large numbers of anarchist **** stains who will and and have been deliberately inciting exactly that.
    Oh wait, we'll just order everyone to stand down and watch entire cities burn instead.
    Yeah, that works even better.

Are we discussing the justification of the use of such tool? Sure, there's a time and place where it could be applicable. But when? Do you think it should've been used in Dallas before the shots rang out?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pit bulls and pepper gas?

FWIW I still like the idea of 75MPH snowplows best.

Blocking a friggin' highway is just asking for it.
    Its not the same as a march downtown with a street blocked off.

It's just being all the A hole one can be.

So you're completely ok killing people because the block a street?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Last time I am going to take a moment to remind everyone to stay civil.
    Yes, this is insane. People are out of control. This has my head spinning as well.
    Suggesting violence to stop it on the forum is just a bit much.

There will be no more in thread warnings.
    The thread will be closed and time out "Awards" will be given to the deserving.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Since there was nothing on national news about Indy I figure all went pretty well. No commercial-grade fireworks being thrown at LEOs or anything. The split-screen had all bad stuff. I guess that's how it always goes.

Again, be careful out there LEOs (and everyone else!)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    SKS? Was it converted for magazines or was it the old-school 10 round stripper clip/internal mag?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So you're completely ok killing people because the block a street?

The principle is OK, not the killing portion. We should no longer tolerate the sort of "unrest" when it completely disrupts the rest of the city.

If you're protesting costs more than $5000 in lost wages, productivity, or commerce, your protests action is now a felony. We will round up every single person, check IDs, check warrants, and bring charges.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Wow. I completely disagree, and so do most of the founders and Emerson, Thoreau....

Civil disobedience is as important as suffrage.
    LOL, many of the Founders did not look favorably upon "the mob". Washington condemned the Boston Tea Party and felt the mob should pay restitution.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't like it. I don't like a lot of things. But I object to "government authorized/permitted" demonstrations. It strikes me as a violation of the 1st Amendment.

Remember way back when when the truckers blocked all lanes on the highways and slowed down to something like 20 mph to protest fuel prices (I think it was the 70's, but I missed a lot of the 70's)? That clearly wasn't approved and it irritated the crap out of every driver. But I still believe they had a right.

I was around when the farm workers marched to Sacramento under Cesar Chavez. And, having lived in that valley for some time, I understood why they were protesting. The power-that-were certainly didn't like it...but that wasn't the point.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    LOL, many of the Founders did not look favorably upon "the mob". Washington condemned the Boston Tea Party and felt the mob should pay restitution.

The Tea Party destroyed property. Quite a big difference from a peaceful protest.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't like it. I don't like a lot of things. But I object to "government authorized/permitted" demonstrations. It strikes me as a violation of the 1st Amendment.

Remember way back when when the truckers blocked all lanes on the highways and slowed down to something like 20 mph to protest fuel prices (I think it was the 70's, but I missed a lot of the 70's)? That clearly wasn't approved and it irritated the crap out of every driver. But I still believe they had a right.

I was around when the farm workers marched to Sacramento under Cesar Chavez. And, having lived in that valley for some time, I understood why they were protesting. The power-that-were certainly didn't like it...but that wasn't the point.

The early 70's tend to be a bit blurry for me as well.
    I do remember the Truckers thing. They had a definite argument. I do not see this with the recent protests and marches.
    PhyloDog had a great post about BLM in the BLM thread. It was spot on in my way of looking at the world.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

I don't believe anyone has the right to interfere with my freedom of movement without just cause.

According to Burns Ind. Code Ann. § 35-42-3-2a person commits kidnapping if s/he knowingly or intentionally confines or removes another person:

• With intent to obtain ransom;
    • While hijacking a vehicle;
    • With intent to obtain the release, or intent to aid in the escape, of any person from lawful detention; or
    • With intent to use the person confined as a shield or hostage;
    In Indiana, kidnapping is a Class A felony.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't believe anyone has the right to interfere with my freedom of movement without just cause.

According to Burns Ind. Code Ann. § 35-42-3-2a person commits kidnapping if s/he knowingly or intentionally confines or removes another person:

• With intent to obtain ransom;
    • While hijacking a vehicle;
    • With intent to obtain the release, or intent to aid in the escape, of any person from lawful detention; or
    • With intent to use the person confined as a shield or hostage;
    In Indiana, kidnapping is a Class A felony.

Somehow, I don't think that quite applies.

Top Bottom