• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Of course there is police blood on the hands of BLM. The same as the president who is talking now. Their divisive rhetoric influence those waiting for an excuse to do harm.

The pres again mentioned the names of killed black men and the related protestors, before even getting to half hearted discussion of the dead with badges. No officers names were mentioned.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Who's job is it then? If it's not the moms and the dads of the kids that grow up to be gang members, thieves, drug addicts/dealers, etc., job where does the responsibility lie in preventing criminals from becoming criminals in the first place---on a national scale?

Is your assertion, that all these people shot are gang members, thieves, drug addicts/dealers? Is that in and of itself a reason for being shot? Shouldn't the circumstances dictate whether a person is killed by police rather than simply whatever unsavory lifestyle they lead? It they are a threat, a legitimate threat, END them. I don't have an issue with that, but if one chooses to go that route, be consistent in the application. And that's the crux of the argument, how, when, and to whom such force is applied. To many there seems to be a disparity:

Guy shot in the back running away, guy shot at a gas station getting his ID, guy getting choked out for selling cigarettes, legal carrier shot while retrieving his ID, guy shot standing in a apartment stairwell, guy shot in his apartment because he wouldn't open a door for a welfare check, guy shot 41 time, 19 hits, guy shot when his pill bottle is mistaken for a gun, guy shot carrying a pellet gun in Wal-Mart, woman shot as she opened door for police because they said she had a gun (she didn't), football player shot after knocking on door after an accident asking for help, man shot by police as he fled from the store he worked at which had been robbed, man run over by police car as he fled for stealing paving stones, autistic man approaches police reaches into his waistband shot because they thought he was reaching for a gun, man shot face down at a subway station, man shot face down during a drug apprehension, man shot after he startled officer when he opened a rooftop door.....and the list goes on and on and on.

Given the way the media seizes upon these types of instances, and how they are played over and over, how can one not wonder? I think, given the small sample of instances I listed above, it's completely acceptable to ask "are white people treated the same way?"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Of course there is police blood on the hands of BLM. The same as the president who is talking now. Their divisive rhetoric influence those waiting for an excuse to do harm.

The pres again mentioned the names of killed black men and the related protestors, before even getting to half hearted discussion of the dead with badges. No officers names were mentioned.

We will simply have to disagree then.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Is your assertion, that all these people shot are gang members, thieves, drug addicts/dealers? Is that in and of itself a reason for being shot?

I'm not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. But then again, I'm not sure what we're even debating here any more.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Oh man, the Instigator-In-Chief is at it again... his presser from Warsaw had some real gems in it. He just took "blaming the gun" to stratospheric new heights.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. But then again, I'm not sure what we're even debating here any more.

I brought up black on black crime, specifically murders, after it was essentially asked why are black people concerned about police shooting them, THE POLICE, when they don't seem to be all that concerned about other black criminals shooting them. On its face, that seems like an incredibly ridiculous and intellectually dishonest question. "Why would people have issue with those that uphold the law shooting them, when those who ignore the law do it too?" I mean can some one really be so out of touch to not understand the difference?
    You move the conversation back a little, and cite upbringing, which made me assume possibly incorrectly, that the unsavory types of people you listed are typically those killed by LE, in most of the stories we see get national media attention. I then listed a sample of some of those instances, where a good portion of those killed weren't doing anything illegal.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Legal carrier of permit shot while reaching for ID...............has that been proven?

I have yet to see verification that he had a legal permit.
    The car (from new radio recording) was pulled over because the driver looked similar to the one who commited armed robbery in the area a couple of days before.

Had the armed robber been a fat bald white guy...........proly wouldn't have been pulled over.

Just sayin'

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Is your assertion, that all these people shot are gang members, thieves, drug addicts/dealers? Is that in and of itself a reason for being shot? Shouldn't the circumstances dictate whether a person is killed by police rather than simply whatever unsavory lifestyle they lead? It they are a threat, a legitimate threat, END them. I don't have an issue with that, but if one chooses to go that route, be consistent in the application. And that's the crux of the argument, how, when, and to whom such force is applied. To many there seems to be a disparity:

Guy shot in the back running away, guy shot at a gas station getting his ID, guy getting choked out for selling cigarettes, legal carrier shot while retrieving his ID, guy shot standing in a apartment stairwell, guy shot in his apartment because he wouldn't open a door for a welfare check, guy shot 41 time, 19 hits, guy shot when his pill bottle is mistaken for a gun, guy shot carrying a pellet gun in Wal-Mart, woman shot as she opened door for police because they said she had a gun (she didn't), football player shot after knocking on door after an accident asking for help, man shot by police as he fled from the store he worked at which had been robbed, man run over by police car as he fled for stealing paving stones, autistic man approaches police reaches into his waistband shot because they thought he was reaching for a gun, man shot face down at a subway station, man shot face down during a drug apprehension, man shot after he startled officer when he opened a rooftop door.....and the list goes on and on and on.

Given the way the media seizes upon these types of instances, and how they are played over and over, how can one not wonder? I think, given the small sample of instances I listed above, it's completely acceptable to ask "are white people treated the same way?"

Looks more like a blue than black thing according to your list.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I replied to a comment on WTHR's facebook page yesterday that sounded much like the shooter's sister's post quoted here earlier. They implied that the police were "terrorizing" black people. My reply was, "Why don't you ask the law abiding citizens that live in neighborhoods like Brightwood who is terrorizing them. Hint: It's not the police."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Legal carrier of permit shot while reaching for ID...............has that been proven?

I have yet to see verification that he had a legal permit.
    The car (from new radio recording) was pulled over because the driver looked similar to the one who commited armed robbery in the area a couple of days before.

Had the armed robber been a fat bald white guy...........proly wouldn't have been pulled over.

Just sayin'

What are you inclined to believe from a person that tells you they have a gun from the get go?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I replied to a comment on WTHR's facebook page yesterday that sounded much like the shooter's sister's post quoted here earlier. They implied that the police were "terrorizing" black people. My reply was, "Why don't you ask the law abiding citizens that live in neighborhoods like Brightwood who is terrorizing them. Hint: It's not the police."

Who do the people of Brightwood rely, or should they rely, on to protect them from this terror?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I brought up black on black crime, specifically murders, after it was essentially asked why are black people concerned about police shooting them, THE POLICE, when they don't seem to be all that concerned about other black criminals shooting them. On its face, that seems like an incredibly ridiculous and intellectually dishonest question. "Why would people have issue with those that uphold the law shooting them, when those who ignore the law do it too?" I mean can some one really be so out of touch to not understand the difference?

What is the difference? Dead is dead. Loss of a child/husband/grandchild/neighbor/friend is a loss. I guess, with the former, we have a faceless, government agent to blame. We have a system to blame. In the latter, maybe we have to look in a mirror and wonder what my role in that is/was. It's a lot easier to blame external factors. It's human nature. Again, I'm not giving a free pass to corrupted people/departments. I just happen to believe we have much more impact on how we're affected than many (who mostly blame "them") would like to admit.

You move the conversation back a little, and cite upbringing, which made me assume possibly incorrectly, that the unsavory types of people you listed are typically those killed by LE, in most of the stories we see get national media attention. I then listed a sample of some of those instances, where a good portion of those killed weren't doing anything illegal.

Those that are harmed for nothing deserve justice. Those that commit those crimes deserve punishment. You'll never see me assert otherwise.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Who do the people of Brightwood rely, or should they rely, on to protect them from this terror?
    Is this a trick question? They should depend on the police. That includes cooperating with police who are trying to help them instead of "I didn't see nothin'!" When the truth of the matter is, they know who, when and even where the bad guys can be found. Then they want to complain that the police aren't doing their job. Really? Police are supposed to be clairvoyant?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Is this a trick question? They should depend on the police. That includes cooperating with police who are trying to help them instead of "I didn't see nothin'!" When the truth of the matter is, they know who, when and even where the bad guys can be found. Then they want to complain that the police aren't doing their job. Really? Police are supposed to be clairvoyant?

So you said it's implied by Blacks that they are being terrorized by police, as well as being terrorized by other people. If they have that belief, why would they want any interaction with police, at all? Or do you think black people don't believe they are being terrorized by police?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What is the difference? Dead is dead. Loss of a child/husband/grandchild/neighbor/friend is a loss. I guess, with the former, we have a faceless, government agent to blame. We have a system to blame. In the latter, maybe we have to look in a mirror and wonder what my role in that is/was. It's a lot easier to blame external factors. It's human nature. Again, I'm not giving a free pass to corrupted people/departments. I just happen to believe we have much more impact on how we're affected than many (who mostly blame "them") would like to admit.

Those that are harmed for nothing deserve justice. Those that commit those crimes deserve punishment. You'll never see me assert otherwise.

"Dead isn't dead," the why and who did it, are very important.

Top Bottom