Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The last week has been a prime example of follow-the-media-narrative:

ShooterVictimNarrative
    Non-WhiteWhiteGun Control
    WhiteNon-WhiteRacism
    Non-WhiteNon-WhiteTalk about the Kardashians or anything else.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Terrorist's sister

Cm5RSz2XYAAZoKv.jpg:large

Someone needs to report her post as one sided and racist, because it is.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    For me the biggest irony is you've got huge protests about something that happened in another state, but a shooting in your own neighborhood generally results in crickets. No witnesses, no cell phone video uploaded to youtube, no talking, no cooperation in bringing the murderer to justice. Tell me again what the protests are really about?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For me the biggest irony is you've got huge protests about something that happened in another state, but a shooting in your own neighborhood generally results in crickets. No witnesses, no cell phone video uploaded to youtube, no talking, no cooperation in bringing the murderer to justice. Tell me again what the protests are really about?

Advancing the narrative. Pushing the agenda.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Are you talking about a police action shooting, or civvy black on black crime shooting?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wonder if they'll be targeting a Planned Parenthood office...they continue to kill off "us" off in far greater numbers than the cops do. And probably a lot of the doctors are white too.

I don't believe that is relevant to situation we are discussing. It's an emotional appeal.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't believe that is relevant to situation we are discussing. It's an emotional appeal.

Misplaced outrage. Of course if people like her were actually concerned about the deaths of innocent black people, this whole thing (police killing "us" off) would be just a minor distraction.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Misplaced outrage. Of course if people like her were actually concerned about the deaths of innocent black people, this whole thing (police killing "us" off) would be just a minor distraction.

I think there a fair amount of false equivalency in the comparison.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think there a fair amount of false equivalency in the comparison.

Of course. If we're really concerned about innocent black folks meeting violent and untimely deaths, just by the numbers, those killed by police officers don't deserve the publicity they get. As mentioned elsewhere, they do because they generate headlines and people are conditioned to respond...just as they do. I'm not, by any means, dismissing culpability of bad cops or bad shoots but if we're truly to be determined to fix systematic problems, by comparisons, rooting out bad or incompetent cops is a minor problem.

I have to wonder if this is all really about fixing anything and more about wresting political power. As we see in the FB post where I just recently responded, there is a lot of "us" vs. "them" attitude and as long as that exists, I'm not sure there can ever be the type of resolutions I think we need.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's all about the politics. Look at the funding to BLM. How the Anti-American Left Funds #BlackLivesMatter And Why They Are Doing It Now | RedState

The big money on the left is directing the gullible BLM take the ball and dominate the news. What are we not talking about now after a devastating week for the Hillary and the president?

The real question is whether the news cycle will come around to associating police officer blood on the hands of Soros, Beyonce, JayZ, Google, etc?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are you talking about a police action shooting, or civvy black on black crime shooting?

You have to admit that it's at least curious that black lives seem to matter most when there's a political advantage. There's no political advantage to further in black on black violence.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You have to admit that it's at least curious that black lives seem to matter most when there's a political advantage. There's no political advantage to further in black on black violence.

I don't see it that way at all, and I dislike the comparison. Black on Black crime, most often involves criminals, does it not? What ability do the law-abiding have in preventing criminals from committing crimes, on a national scale? As gun owners, we all know the answer to this question, as when crime and guns come up, and those that seek to disarm us reference it, we use the same excuse. So I think it's fair to completely reject the notion.
    Are black criminals and police officers similar? Of course not. One is bound to respect life, serve honorably, and protect...the other has no such obligation. So when it appears, that those who we look to for help and defense, are doing the opposite, and hurting law-abiding citizens, it's much more of a concern than if your random criminal doing the same.

Think back to Bisard... He's not the first guy to be drunk, run over, and kill someone. Not by a longshot, but due to his position, it garnered a TON of media attention. Now let's say that every few months, a cop ran over and killed a motorcyclist, do you think that the bike riding public wouldn't start to be alarmed, and start to wonder if it's intentional?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's all about the politics. Look at the funding to BLM. How the Anti-American Left Funds #BlackLivesMatter And Why They Are Doing It Now | RedState

The big money on the left is directing the gullible BLM take the ball and dominate the news. What are we not talking about now after a devastating week for the Hillary and the president?

The real question is whether the news cycle will come around to associating police officer blood on the hands of Soros, Beyonce, JayZ, Google, etc?

There's no blood on the hands of BLM, concerning this instance.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    At least for awhile, I think any reasonable jurisdiction could expect the need for additional security for BLM now. Part of the suckage is that a peaceful group (let's assume) is now stained with the blood of those officers. That's part of the reality. An overwhelming police presence at any further events would not only be justified, but should be expected.
    Yup, the OT I'm getting this weekend is proof.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't see it that way at all, and I dislike the comparison. Black on Black crime, most often involves criminals, does it not? What ability do the law-abiding have in preventing criminals from committing crimes, on a national scale?

Who's job is it then? If it's not the moms and the dads of the kids that grow up to be gang members, thieves, drug addicts/dealers, etc., job where does the responsibility lie in preventing criminals from becoming criminals in the first place---on a national scale?

Top Bottom