• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Just food for thought. Deadly force is deadly force, but this is setting a dangerous precedent. Will this become the norm now? Is this the answer to bunkered terrorists? I thought a situation of this nature called for SWAT. It is what they have been trained to handle isn't it? Don't get me wrong. I'm far from being a bleeding heart liberal. It's just a little unnerving that police have now included limited explosives in their arsenal. I'm surprised that they didn't use an armored vehicle to approach and trap the shooter. I do understand that they were concerned about possible explosives, but is the answer to use explosives themselves? Will police now use explosives just because they are concerned any nut job might have explosives?

Although I can respect where you're coming from, I disagree that it's a dangerous precedent. Limited explosives definitely would fall under "special weapons and tactics." Knowing that Dallas PD has a top notch SWAT team I can only surmise that they had information which led them to believe this would be a wise tactic. I doubt we'll see an increase in police blowing people up just because it was used successfully in this case. I guess maybe I don't go for the "slippery slope" argument as much as some people, but I just don't see it happening.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Although I can respect where you're coming from, I disagree that it's a dangerous precedent. Limited explosives definitely would fall under "special weapons and tactics." Knowing that Dallas PD has a top notch SWAT team I can only surmise that they had information which led them to believe this would be a wise tactic. I doubt we'll see an increase in police blowing people up just because it was used successfully in this case. I guess maybe I don't go for the "slippery slope" argument as much as some people, but I just don't see it happening.

Exactly
    Nowhere in combat tactics is it written that one must be constrained by meeting a hostile force with equal or inferior force.
    The only thing to give pause about in this particular instance is that the perp probably didn't feel enough pain and fear for long enough.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Terrorist's sister

Cm5RSz2XYAAZoKv.jpg:large

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here

Not a problem. I understand your opinion and I'm glad the shooter was killed. It's just that I have never seen any agency just use a tactic once and then not repeat it. Since it was used successfully in this incident, I'm sure they will be considering using it again in similar situations. I just have a problem with fragging people unless it is a combat situation. If it is a combat situation, then we are at war and anything goes. Just because we believe that it would probably never happen doesn't stop it from happening.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I wonder what the shooter's sister thinks about Baltimore, Detroit or Chicago............dozens of blacks killed weekly.
    Nah, I don't really care what she thinks.
    She doesn't think.
    She confuses feeling with thinking.
    And she's an evil person on top of that.
    Too bad she wasn't loading mags with her brother in the last stand.

To hell with her and those who think like her.
    Non contributors. Racist.
    They never assimilate, only assassinate.
    She needs to move .....preferably out of the country, maybe some place like Capetown.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    200 yards with irons is not impressive.
    How many rounds did he fire (bet his hit/kill rate was low).
    He was shooting large targets, people. Not chipmunks.

200 yards, with irons, at night, elevated position, 12 hits, at human targets.....IS impressive shooting. He's not shooting at cardboard cutouts.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    200 yards, with irons, at night, elevated position, 12 hits, at human targets.....IS impressive shooting. He's not shooting at cardboard cutouts.

Yea verily. Nothing disclosed about rate of fire or target movement. I'd say that is might impressive performance....even though it was evil.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    You guys are missing the point. No one is arguing about the disproportionate numbers. I asking if coverage of those numbers is proportionate? Which I do not believe, which presents a skewed narrative. White people are MORE often killed or shot by police. Heck, white people kill police more often. I think we both know that these events aren't covered nearly as thoroughly as when it's a black offender or victim. Are you understanding my point?

That's probably a fair assessment, but that is media responsibility regarding what is reported and what is not. I have no answer on addressing the media and forcing them to be responsible. Liberals seem often content with trying to curtail the 2nd amendment... maybe it is time we try to curtail the 1st amendment in regards to responsible journalistic integrity.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    The FBI site has a bar graph of murders committed by race. The proportions are astonishing. Tall bar for blacks. Sort of a medium bar for "hispanics/latino". Very low bar for whites and Asians. Also in the statistics, Blacks mostly kill blacks. Whites mostly kill whites. Hispanics/Latinos mostly kill hispanics/latinos. Asians don't really seem to kill that much to say anything about it.

A while back I downloaded the spreadsheet of crime statistics and removed the black on black murders. If we excluded that the murder rate in the US would be comparable to Europe. Blacks have a cultural problem to fix. And I'm not saying that whites haven't been a contributor to that culture. Certainly dependency politics feeds that beast.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jamil again.

Top Bottom