• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not every BLM participant does either of those things. BLM - to the extent it is organized - does not say that. Or did I miss the part of its website where it advocates killing cops?

Oh that's right, this is INGO. Totally logical to extrapolate the extremism of a subgroup to an entire group.

Let's remember that when certain INGOers say extreme things about other groups.

If it had been at a gay pride event, would you blame gayness?

If you can blame BLM because it was at a BLM event, how can you deny the logic of blaming RKBA for someone using the arms they have the right to bear? If the BLM protest hadn't happened, the cops wouldn't have been shot at the event. If the shooter hadn't had guns, the cops wouldn't have been shot.

You know I understand the emotions involved here. But, in this moment - right now - we must be VERY careful about who we hold responsible, lest it come back to become a sidewinder in our ass later.

The difference is that BLM promotes the chanting of lies and hateful, anger inducing, speech. When this hate speech is condoned and backed by public leaders, including our president, there is no wonder as to why some gullible (maybe mental) folks on the fringe might be "radicalized" to take bad actions by BLM.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Anyone else getting the deja vu feeling? Radical Islamic terrorists do not represent Islam, and radical BLM murderers don't represent BLM.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Anyone else getting the deja vu feeling? Radical Islamic terrorists do not represent Islam, and radical BLM murderers don't represent BLM.
    Not every ISIS supporter kills people so I guess we need to stop calling them out for inspiring violence. That would be the logically consistent move if we're going to ignore BLM's routine calls for violence.

For the record: I do not think ISIS represents all Muslims. That would be like saying BLM represents all blacks which is not true. ISIS represents ISIS, and BLM represents BLM.

Last edited:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I'm also going to play devil's advocate. Did we not consider all KKK members equally culpable for burning crosses and hanging people? AND at what point does mob mentality become an issue?

The people DO have a right to peacefully protest. We do not have permission to set up an ambush on unsuspecting LEO. Killing LEO is not fighting Tyranny, it is actually going to further widen the divide of "us vs. them" by perpetuating the violence.

My wife argued with me about the guy who got shot in his car. You do not reach into your waistband after telling an officer you are armed. Ever. Was it a bad shoot? Maybe. Cop has to go home too.

This is also bring up the question no one wants to ask, when is going to be "the second shot" heard round the world? I fear we are fast approaching civil unrest across the entire country, if not the most forbidden topic on INGO. I'm not trying to incite this, but I have a feeling and fear our country is heading that way.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying in direct response to your position of "Just ignore reality so you can get murdered too".

Hard to tell. At least I'm TRYING to be clear. I'm not the one ignoring logic at this emotional time. I understand you're emotional.

Reality: this whole thing sucks. Reality: doing things to make it suck more will only make it suck more. Reality: we can choose whether to make things suck more.

Black-kid shooting officers do not represent all officers.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Divisiveness. Whatever their greviences, real or perceived; whatever their goals are, keeping people safe or racially motivated; one thing they've definitely managed to do is increase divisiveness rather than reduce it.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Funny how some random trolls invading TP events were "evidence" of some dark purposes behind it.
    Contrast that with how BLM totally escapes widespread media examination and criticism for the loud, extremely noxious, and very public actions of many in it.
    More telling still, the "leadership" in BLM appears less than interested in doing or saying anything to condemn said actions.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hard to tell. At least I'm TRYING to be clear. I'm not the one ignoring logic at this emotional time. I understand you're emotional.

Reality: this whole thing sucks. Reality: doing things to make it suck more will only make it suck more. Reality: we can choose whether to make things suck more.

You're right, I am emotional. I'm emotional because the bull**** organization known as BLM, which is founded on complete and utter horse****, has been allowed to run rampant in this country for two years which has now resulted in the murder of five police officers. I'm not advocating shooting them all, I'm not advocating arresting them all. I am all for surrounding their protests with hundreds of police officers armed with rifles to send the very clear message that they can protest peacefully all they want but as soon as they begin the same bull**** we saw in Ferguson, Baltimore or Dallas last night the game will be over promptly.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    You're right, I am emotional. I'm emotional because the bull**** organization known as BLM, which is founded on complete and utter horse****, has been allowed to run rampant in this country for two years which has now resulted in the murder of five police officers. I'm not advocating shooting them all, I'm not advocating arresting them all. I am all for surrounding their protests with hundreds of police officers armed with rifles to send the very clear message that they can protest peacefully all they want but as soon as they begin the same bull**** we saw in Ferguson, Baltimore or Dallas last night the game will be over promptly.

No. Have we not learned anything. What you are mentioning is a threat of increased force. Best thing to do, is to ARREST any of the organizers or leadership in the organization and treat is as if it was a biker gang smuggling guns or dope.

Yes, it sucks LEO died. The answer right now is NOT a standing army.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    No. Have we not learned anything. What you are mentioning is a threat of increased force. Best thing to do, is to ARREST any of the organizers or leadership in the organization and treat is as if it was a biker gang smuggling guns or dope.

We can disagree on that. I'd prefer not to see the entire country bullied by BLM.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Ferguson and Baltimore saw instances where the CROWD, spontaneous crowd, turned to violence. The crowd. This didn't happen in Dallas. The Dallas protest crowd was non-violent. Other parties used the protest as an opportunity to commit this despicable act. In the two former instances I cited, no problem with your idea, in the latter, no.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I am all for surrounding their protests with hundreds of police officers armed with rifles to send the very clear message that they can protest peacefully all they want but as soon as they begin the same bull**** we saw in Ferguson, Baltimore or Dallas last night the game will be over promptly.

Ok. Common ground. A variation of Gunboat Diplomacy. I see no issue with that. And, depending on the time/place/manner framework, the city might even be able to send them a bill.

Yeah, this would be a bad idea.

But, we already have that.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN

Correct. But if the FOP organized marches, supplying marchers with noxious placards and unified chants of "What do we want? Dead teen n*****s! When do we want them? NOW!!", celebrating heinous teen deaths with page after page of celebratory tweets calling for more... would you still hold the same opinion? I'd begin to wonder.

Top Bottom