• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hmmm...maybe it's just a figment of my imagination, but I recall the Tea Party being first ridiculed, then accused of being a racist organization, with barely restrained violent tendencies just under the surface.
    I also recall attending a TP rally in downtown Indy that was so peaceful, so well ordered, so full of polite, courteous people, that it felt more like a picnic than a protest of several thousand.
    At the end, the place was so clean that there was quite literally not even so much as a single gum wrapper on the ground.
    What a juxtaposition.

Is the Tea Party an organization or movement? If it's an organization, does that mean their actions are representative of all people who identify as such? Obviously if they're a movement, then they certain unsavory actions can be attributed to fringe elements.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Lets play word games until those responsible are no longer responsible

I won't be so simple. One could certainly say that the movement helped create the climate for this tragedy to occur, but to place it at the feet saying this was the intent of the BLM, is most certainly wrong.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If we call it "violent rhetoric", then we're saying people aren't in control of themselves.

To a degree, we aren't. Ever try to lose weight or establish a new gym routine? Your brain is a committee and it doesn't always agree with itself. Outside messages can and do influence us, sometimes on levels we're not consciously aware of.

People want to have a purpose, they want meaning in their lives. Veterans with emotional issues are often struggling with the feeling nothing matters in "normal life" and feel purposeless, for example. If you take people who've got nothing to give their life meaning, no family support, no investment in employment, no involvement in a charity, etc that gives them purpose there is a vacuum. Filling that vacuum with the chance to be a 'hero', to 'defend your people', etc. can be a powerful draw. That's where terrorists of all stripe recruit from most fruitfully. Now tell me there aren't communities in the US that are economically devestated, where family ties are weak at best, and where there's a pervading feeling of hopelessness. Then give a powerful message of an oppressor who's killing you on a whim and who represents the reason your community doesn't do so well? I'm frankly shocked it's taken this long.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Do you know how hard it is teach people not to press against cover when fired upon? That's not an easy skill to pick up.

Very hard to get them to keep that arms distance from a bullet magnet/funnel. I guess instinct makes one want to press right up against a wall or whatever once and leads starts flying.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    [SUB]that seems a bit excessive[/SUB]

As far as reasonable solutions go.... what is there? People are mad (some rightfully, some based on nonsense) and acting out. Is it a result of poor leadership? If we call it "violent rhetoric", then we're saying people aren't in control of themselves.

If a person is killed by an authority, what is the reasonable response? What will keep the response from turning violent like this?

Is society to blame?
    Is politics to blame?
    Are we going to get a Charleston-esque response where we find a new flag to ban?

I get the desire to continue calling BLM "non-violent"... until it is. Occupy was non-violent, too... up until the rapes and bomb threats. There are extremes and splinters in these sorts of groups that reflect poorly on the group as a whole... sure. But the BLM "movement" has been using violent rhetoric since Ferguson (**** the police, "what do we want, dead cops", pigs in a blanket, etc)
    i don't think it is. It's time to re-ground everyone and restore the natural balance. No one race is greater than the other. Follow the rule of law or there are consequences. Act like an animal then get treated like one. Shoot at the cops get shot yourself. Mention race as the reason for your mistreatment get ignored or laughed at. Stop paying for poor people to have children, housing, food, Ect if it's abused.
    But all this will never happen under such a divisive treasonous president.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Hmmm...maybe it's just a figment of my imagination, but I recall the Tea Party being first ridiculed, then accused of being a racist organization, with barely restrained violent tendencies just under the surface.
    I also recall attending a TP rally in downtown Indy that was so peaceful, so well ordered, so full of polite, courteous people, that it felt more like a picnic than a protest of several thousand.
    At the end, the place was so clean that there was quite literally not even so much as a single gum wrapper on the ground.
    What a juxtaposition.

The union protests during the Right to Work was very similar. I don't recall a single incident of violence or property destruction. I worked it in uniform and the only lawlessness was they took to the street and blocked traffic for about 5 minutes. They told us they were going to. After about 5 minutes we told them to get back on the side walks...and they immediately did. They just wanted the photo op because the media was much more interested in those 5 minutes than the days of being on the lawn. Anything that resembled even rudeness was quickly squashed by the other members.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I won't be so simple. One could certainly say that the movement helped create the climate for this tragedy to occur, but to place it at the feet saying this was the intent of the BLM, is most certainly wrong.

Why? Five cops in Texas were just murdered because the actions of officers in other states were laid at their feet.

Oh wait, I forgot. If you're the "victim" anything goes.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This seriously is sick. I knew someone right in the middle of this happening in Dallas.
    These police were providing peace and order so that the protesters (however rediculous I think they're message is) could protest whatever they felt wronged by that happened in another city. Then Some terrorists decided to open fire on the good guys. I hope they hunt down and kill or lock up anyone who supported or knew about this.

If if the cops were knocking on doors to take guns then that's a whole different ball game. But these guys were truly doing the good work. Shame on the media. The president. The blm leaders. Because Thy all truly know what they are doing

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Is the Tea Party an organization or movement? If it's an organization, does that mean their actions are representative of all people who identify as such? Obviously if they're a movement, then they certain unsavory actions can be attributed to fringe elements.

Maybe there's a point in there somewhere, but I'm missing it, as you seem to have missed mine.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Position: BLM is responsible for the attacks because the shooter(s) supported the principles of BLM.

Position: Gun owners are responsible for the attacks because the shooter(s) supported the principles of gun ownership.

The same flawed logic leads to both positions.

Top Bottom