Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And there it is.

Dallas chief just said suspects were "motivated by BLM"

Police Chief: "Suspect wanted to kill white people. Especially white officers."

Says 4th suspect did not shoot himself... was killed by police-detonated explosive device.

Today might set an all-time record for deleted tweets

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Them being the Dallas shooters, or the NRA? The NRA has been labeled domestic terrorists by the left for the last decade or so. But I don't recall any NRA protests ending with dead cops.

The NRA. The shooters are terrorists.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is true. Guys like Jesse Jackson called the Baton Rouge shooting a "legal lynching." If my tv wasn't so expensive, I'd have kicked it over. I still think to shooting looked bad, personally, but I don't believe, for a second, these guys wanted to kill Sterling simply for being black.

He's just a snake oil salesman. He profits from racial unrest.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I'm very sad for the officers and families involved. I'm also disappointed that a peaceful protest with people exercising their 1st amendment rights was hijacked by these evil criminals and terrorists.

I'm also sad that we have a president who in the wake of this atrocity, immediately moves to divide us further. That very lack of leadership is deeply disturbing. I hope I'm just ignorant of it, but i have not heard him offer condolences to the police in Dallas or their families. If he did, and I missed it, that's his own fault because his political noise has drawn media attention away from it. I hope he realizes this and changes course, quickly. I fear no one close to him is helping him to see this or is being heard. This strategy of blaming political opponents for the actions of evil people is not helping one bit.

I'm offering my heartfelt prayers to first, the victims of this crime. I also offer them up for our nation's police officers, our first responders, and our soldiers, and all who choose a mission in life to protect others. I also pray for their families. Finally, I pray for our nation, for healing, and for our leaders to provide the leadership necessary for our nation to heal.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    This is the foto op I'm waiting for. Jan 19, 2017
    Barack_Obama_leaves_White_House_with_Phil_Schiliro_1-27-09.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dallas Police Chief: “Suspect said he was upset about Black Lives Matter…he was upset about white people. He wanted to kill white people, especially white police."

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Screw him.

A real leader would say something like "there will be time for politics when all the facts are in. For now our thoughts and prayers are with the brave officers and their families. We offer our full support to DPD and the city of Dallas."

But no, he just starts crying again. What a joke. I'm disgusted.

ifififififififififififin he did that, then "never let a good crisis go to waste" goes out the window.
    You know, Rules for Radicals and the "fundamental transformation of America" and all that.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I've been wondering about who would have the resources and support to pull this off. Right now, I'm thinking someone in, or formerly a part of, the NBPP or NOI
    When I heard about the tactics I definitely veered more towards trained paramilitaries rather than pissed off protestors. I would have figured NBPP was the only group with a violent enough lineage (being inspired, but not directly descended from, the Black Panthers), but it's looking like it may have been BLM inspired. I don't think BLM has the organization to actually be having training programs so this may have been a small group of individuals training independently or a segment of a larger racially based organization unnamed as of yet that was inspired by BLM rhetoric.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Having what everyone already knew about the motivation confirmed, now I'm interested in the details of what they did an how the prepared and carried it out. What weapons did they use? How far apart were the snipers? Were they all just "tactical" acquaintances who happened to decide to do this spur of the moment? Or are they part of a larger, coordinated effort.

And, for conspiracy's sake, how much did George Soros pay them?

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    Here is the thing about BLM. It started out as a TWITTER HASHTAG. It can't be considered any type of "organization". It is more like a collection of people linked by social media with VAGUELY similar agendas.

Kutnupe14's point about it being a "movement" and not an organization is spot on. Think of it more like the "Patriot Movement". I have seen all types of people try to link on to that movement. Everyone from 2A advocates, to people who are just strict constitutionalists, to HARDCORE white supremacists/white nationalists. EVERY ONE of those individuals will proudly claim that they are part of the patriot movement, but how much do they have in common with each other?

The thing about BLM is that for a long time they had no actual policy proposals. It was just an expression of anger and a demand for fewer blacks to be killed by the police. The moment that really hit me with BLM is when they spoke with Hillary Clinton after one of her speeches. They did the same thing they normally did, expressing anger about the killing of African-Americans by police, but the difference was that she pushed back. She asked them for SPECIFIC POLICIES that they wanted to lower the killings. THEY HAD NOTHING. They had the undivided attention of the person who has the best chance of being president of the United States and didn't come with a single policy idea.

They later came out with some policy ideas, but that original lack of policy ideas underscores an important point. When all you have is anger over an issue that you want to stop, it is VERY easy for your movement to be filled with people with HUGELY different views on what the problem is and what the solution is. BLM has folks in it who believe that the best solution is mandatory body cams, diversity training, and independent review/prosecution of police shootings. There are also a few nutjobs who believe that the best solution is to start shooting police officers. Thankfully, even MOST of those "kill the cops" guys are nothing more than twitter toughguys. But there are a few psychos who are serious. And because BLM is not a true organization, they can't formally expel those people from the organization for spouting that rhetoric.

I was REALLY hoping that BLM would switch to being policy focused, but that hasn't happened fully yet. If BLM switched to making SPECIFIC policy demands (e.g. bodycams, independent review boards, investigation transparency, etc) AND did voter mobilization to elect candidates that support their position or defeat those that oppose their position, I think everyone would be much happier. The politicians would be happier because they would actually know what to do to calm the protests. BLM advocates would be happy because they could actually SEE results. I think even cops might be happy if the focus shifts from "cops are all bad/racist" to "these policies need to change to have better relations with the community."

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    There's no "only" listed in that movement. If one was to say Spotted Owls lives, Siberian Tiger lives, or Sea Turtle "lives mattered," is that a dismissal of the lives of all other owls, tigers, and turtles? Or is it an attempt to bring attention to the environmental status of group of animals I first listed?
    Of course this will probably only make sense to me, but whatever.

The "only" is implied. That implication is backed up by action. If one was to say Spotted Owls Lives, Siberian Tiger lives, or Sea Turtle lives mattered, one is taking steps to make the distinction that spotted owls, Siberian tigers, and sea turtles in particular matter. If members of such groups, were to forcefully "correct" the statement that ALL owls, tigers and turtles matters with spotted owls, Siberian tigers and sea turtles matters, those members are enforcing the implication with action.

Top Bottom