• wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Yeah, I think it's awesome too, can't wait :D

That's almost harder than waiting for Christmas morning when you were a kid! LOL. Enjoy

I almost posted I'm as anxious as a kid waiting for Christmas...lol! I'm really hoping the CZ will bring back my joy of shooting 9mm. If things go well, I may be at ITP with the gun Wednesday afternoon trying it out.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    New CZ guy here. You guys are killin' me! I had not really looked at CZ before- always seemed to migrate towards other brands. BUT.....

After many hours of "pondering" (the best part!) I went with the 75D Compact PCR in 9mm. Picked it up the other night. I have not shot it yet but plan on this weekend. Might be inside somewhere though- below freezing on an outdoor range = not fun.

It is all good except for the sights. It's almost annoying when the first thing I thought of was about replacing the sights, and spending another $75-$100. As a quick fix I put some neon yellow paint on the front sight. I see all the options for sights. Looks like an easy DIY too.

Anyway, so far I'm impressed with the pistol and all the history around CZ. I have a 9mm Shield in the pictures. I'll stick the Shield in the Remora sticky holster and I'm good to go. The PCR is about the same profile, a little longer but not much. The Remora in the pic is for the Shield so it's a little short. May get another sticky holster.... The CZ is much heavier with the 14+1 magazine vs the Shield 8+1, but not a huge difference in felt weight if that makes sense.

I'll feel better now when I'm getting my lunchtime burger near 56th and Georgetown Rd. ;)

This forum has blown up my thrifty habits!

View attachment 36258View attachment 36259View attachment 36261View attachment 36262

Last edited:

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    New CZ guy here. You guys are killin' me! I had not really looked at CZ before- always seemed to migrate towards other brands. BUT.....

After many hours of "pondering" (the best part!) I went with the 75D Compact PCR in 9mm. Picked it up the other night. I have not shot it yet but plan on this weekend. Might be inside somewhere though- below freezing on an outdoor range = not fun.

It is all good except for the sights. It's almost annoying when the first thing I thought of was about replacing the sights, and spending another $75-$100. As a quick fix I put some neon yellow paint on the front sight. Anyway, so far I'm impressed with the pistol and all the history around CZ. I have a 9mm Shield in the pictures. I'll stick the Shield in the Remora sticky holster and I'm good to go. The PCR is about the same profile, a little longer but not much. Heavier, with the 14+1 magazine vs the Shield 8+1 I'll feel better now when I'm getting my lunchtime burger near 56th and Georgetown Rd. ;)

This forum has blown up my thrifty habits!

View attachment 36258View attachment 36259View attachment 36260View attachment 36261View attachment 36262
    Yea they say this forum is free? Yea right! LOL. On to the 75D you will love it, picked one up when I was in Indy about a month ago and really enjoy it! Very little recoil and a very accurate little gun. Since than I have picked up the CZ P09 and also a gem. Enjoy

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Not sure about anyone else but I've had the Czech Kool Aid flowing through me since 6/7/86. 8 yrs later it has faded a bit but still a big part of me. I also inherited a piece of what I believe is WW2/1? shell art I always had a eye on when i would go to my grandparents every weekend growing up after my parents divorced.

I haven't seen any 85B's on here so figure show mine I'm waiting to come in. After all fees it comes to $460. I hear the 85B's command a higher price but if I overpaid it doesn't matter to me as I've pretty much padded my S&W 3rd gen collection and figure start on my CZ's. I did have a Canik S-120 which was really nice but it just wasn't the same.
    CZ-85 9mm Surplus Firearm : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, I finally got my CZ 75B. Got it home, put on the Hogue grips and took a pic before even cleaning it. Super excited about getting a chance to shoot it now :)

CZ%2075b_zpsqeetfoor.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well, I finally got my CZ 75B. Got it home, put on the Hogue grips and took a pic before even cleaning it. Super excited about getting a chance to shoot it now :)

CZ%2075b_zpsqeetfoor.jpg

Congrats, I know the fever has been driving you crazy. Now you will have an itch that you will have to scratch from time to time by buying more CZ's.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just got back from 30 minutes at the range, all the time I could spare for lunch. Had a great time shooting the new CZ 75B and my SA Loaded with the trigger job CM did. Wow! :D

Here's the first target with the CZ:

First%20Target_zpsxvf2wrz0.jpg

Nothing too amazing, just 15 rounds at ~7 yards. Had a couple fliers over to the right, but most where I wanted them. Yes, I noticed afterwards my poor trigger discipline, but in my defense, it's not touching. Put 75 rounds through the CZ (ironically) and 90 through the Loaded. What a fun lunch! :ingo:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Just got back from 30 minutes at the range, all the time I could spare for lunch. Had a great time shooting the new CZ 75B and my SA Loaded with the trigger job CM did. Wow! :D

Nothing too amazing, just 15 rounds at ~7 yards. Had a couple fliers over to the right, but most where I wanted them. Yes, I noticed afterwards my poor trigger discipline, but in my defense, it's not touching. Put 75 rounds through the CZ (ironically) and 90 through the Loaded. What a fun lunch! :ingo:

Nice shooting. Good you got out to the range. So you are in love with your new gun?

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville

Looks like you have a winner! Enjoy

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Never heard of that problem before. I would go to Cajungunworks.com and see what they have. I know they have ultra-light ones. Not sure if that would work for you.

I would like to update on my P-09 broken trigger return spring. I ordered 2 from Cajun Gun Works. Replaced it and it functions perfectly, does feel slightly lighter and less gritty. I also fired off an email to CZ a few minutes ago to see if they would send me one.

Jon

Top Bottom