• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    HAHA Micah...I thought we were gonna get a bathroom "Lyric" somewhere in your post by the way that it started out !! :):

Something with the ol' " I tried to $%^* but only farted"...line worked in there somewhere !

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    HAHA Micah...I thought we were gonna get a bathroom "Lyric" somewhere in your post by the way that it started out !! :):

Something with the ol' " I tried to $%^* but only farted"...line worked in there somewhere !

Someone uses portacans....come to think of it, I am kind of broken hearted lol

Last edited:

Newowner574

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Mishawaka indiana
    He'll I can't even get my application submitted! It's been like 3 months. I need my health records sent over to my local pd. well I ****ed up and ended u sending them to state. Now my health records are currently being sent to my local pd. The records divisions for my doctor sent them on the 13th to my local pd and I called local yesterday and they still have t gotten them yet. This has been going on for 3 months now. Ill probly never get my ltch.

Yes I answered yes to the mental health question because I have been treated for anxiety. I felt like it was the right thing to do.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Week 20 and so far nothing!

I'm guessing that you might be in the "bad citizen" pile with some of us...maybe ??

Someone uses portacans....come to think of it, I am kind of broken hearted lol

Ahhahaha ! You DID know the one that I was talkin' about !

He'll I can't even get my application submitted! It's been like 3 months. I need my health records sent over to my local pd. well I ****ed up and ended u sending them to state. Now my health records are currently being sent to my local pd. The records divisions for my doctor sent them on the 13th to my local pd and I called local yesterday and they still have t gotten them yet. This has been going on for 3 months now. Ill probly never get my ltch.

Yes I answered yes to the mental health question because I have been treated for anxiety. I felt like it was the right thing to do.

Anxiety plagues most everyone at one time or another....I'd hate to see them put you into some kind of a "mental issue" category over something like anxiety !

That's the problem w/the gov't...it's very difficult to get "common sense" issues taken care of when dealing with them.

Good luck to you...I hope it didn't mess up your ability to be able to get a LTCH. (surely it didn't..but it's crappy that you've got to go thru all of the hassles about it now)

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    My wife completed the L1 fingerprinting and dropped off her $50 w/the FWPD today. I'm rather curious to see how long it will take now.

So she's at 4 months now and has never gotten anything worse than a speeding ticket in her life. Has anyone considered filing a lawsuit yet? Would we have to prove damages...could we do a class action?

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    So she's at 4 months now and has never gotten anything worse than a speeding ticket in her life. Has anyone considered filing a lawsuit yet? Would we have to prove damages...could we do a class action?

Way back a few months ago some idiot told ISP he was going to get a lawyer. ISP responded with.......then we will just start denieing everyone and make everyone appeal so we (ISP) can stay in the legal time limit.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central

I think that they would laugh a class action about this issue out of the court system...unless EVERYONE involved in the class action could prove that they were either injured or had loved ones injured or killed because they couldn't carry their weapon.....or that you lost a job because of it...or endured some kind of "REAL" hardship because of it.

I'm all for being upset about the length of time that's currently involved...hell I'm over 22 weeks without a permit right now...and I filed L1......but a "Class Action Lawsuit" about it ? Why ?

I guess I just don't think that way.

Way back a few months ago some idiot told ISP he was going to get a lawyer. ISP responded with.......then we will just start denieing everyone and make everyone appeal so we (ISP) can stay in the legal time limit.

I asked them a similar question...but I never threatened a lawyer or anything like that.

I simply noted the code in an email message to them and then asked them if the law was still valid to see how they would respond to it.

Here's what I said and what I asked:

"I've read where the Indiana Code (IC 35-47-2-6) says that "Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed. "

"Is this law/code still valid? "

Here was my answer:

"The law is valid, however; there is no penalty. We have been overwhelmed with applications and have not been able to process the application by the deadline intended by Legislature. It would not be fair to all those who have applied to simply deny them because they are over 60 days old and require they reapply and go through the entire process again. We are asking for patience while we hire, train and attempt to comply with the guidelines Legislature originally intended when handgun licensing was first started. "

So basically, what it boils down to, is that it's a law with ZERO repercussions if it is broken.

At least that's what I've gathered anyways.

Newowner574

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Mishawaka indiana
    What a disaster!

Also can I be denied my ltch since I have be diagnosed with anxiety? I do take medicine, but nothing had ever been court ordered and its just been my family doc who has treated me.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Here's what I said and what I asked:

"I've read where the Indiana Code (IC 35-47-2-6) says that "Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed. "

"Is this law/code still valid? "

Here was my answer:

"The law is valid, however; there is no penalty. We have been overwhelmed with applications and have not been able to process the application by the deadline intended by Legislature. It would not be fair to all those who have applied to simply deny them because they are over 60 days old and require they reapply and go through the entire process again. We are asking for patience while we hire, train and attempt to comply with the guidelines Legislature originally intended when handgun licensing was first started. "

So basically, what it boils down to, is that it's a law with ZERO repercussions if it is broken.

At least that's what I've gathered anyways.

Thats the problem, no penalty for failing to meet he deadline. I mean, wouldnt that be great if we were givn deadlines at work or school and there was no penalty for failing to meet the deadline.

Maybe ISP funding needs to be tied to performance? Theres the answer!

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    What a disaster!

Also can I be denied my ltch since I have be diagnosed with anxiety? I do take medicine, but nothing had ever been court ordered and its just been my family doc who has treated me.

Probably not since you went voluntarily and it's not extreme depression or bipolar disorder. As long as you can document your current medication and/or therapy then you should be fine

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Thats the problem, no penalty for failing to meet he deadline. I mean, wouldnt that be great if we were givn deadlines at work or school and there was no penalty for failing to meet the deadline.

Maybe ISP funding needs to be tied to performance? Theres the answer!

I agree...that it's a big problem when there is ZERO Penalty for an office/division of the ISP that is BREAKING an actual Indiana law...ESPECIALLY when it's a law that is very specific in what it's stating !

Unfortunately....as per the usual....I doubt we'll be seeing ANY Gov't office getting held accountable and ESPECIALLY if it's tied to performance !

Hopefully some things will change though and who knows, maybe the people who are applying 3-4 months from now will benefit from it in some way ?

I'm afraid it's too late for those of us...in the "right now" though...we're caught up "knee-deep" in this MESS !! :D

Last edited:

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I agree...that it's a big problem when there is ZERO Penalty for an office/division of the ISP that is BREAKING an actual Indiana law...ESPECIALLY when it's a law that is very specific in what it's stating !

Unfortunately....as per the usual....I doubt we'll be seeing ANY Gov't office getting held accountable and ESPECIALLY if it's tied to performance !

Hopefully some things will change though and who knows, maybe the people who are applying 3-4 months from now will benefit from it in some way ?

I'm afraid it's too late for those of us...in the "right now" though...we're caught up "knee-deep" in this MESS !! :D

The problem I have with mine is that I was put in the bad citizen pile over a wrongful arrest. So now I am being punished for it again. Problem number 2 is. They tell everyone that buy paying the 10 bucks extra that the process will expedited. That is FALSE advertisement. Any way it goes from what I understand they only have 3 people working on the apps. I don't know this to be true but it was from someone that knows way more about the process than I do. :dunno::xmad:

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Actually...paying the $10 extra DOES still expedite your app.

No matter HOW long you're waiting...if you filed the OTHER way (NON-L1)...it's going to be LONGER.

Coming soon (if not already)....L1 will be the ONLY way you'll be able to file your prints (from what I've been told anyways).

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It seems more LTCH are being processed. Glad to hear it. Maybe the wait times are going to get back to 6-8 weeks in the near future. I am glad I did it 3 years ago when the wait times were better! And not doing life time or L1 is just plan crazy!!

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    She checked with the bank today where she bought the money orders on January 11th 2013 and they told her that the money orders have never been cashed yet. So is it lost or what? Who knows.

OK, yesterday she went down to the north government building where they process the permits and she showed them her paperwork and they could find no record of it so they saidthey would investigate and get back to her, so we'll see what happens.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom