• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MillersTime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Lowell
    Wait, wait, wait... You just filed an appeal on 6/6 and it was issued on 6/7? Or did you file the appeal before then and 6/7 was your hearing date?

Recieved my denial letter in 2/2013 and filed for appeal immediatly...It took until 6/6/2013 to have my actual appeal. LTCH was issued the following day 6/7

MillersTime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Lowell
    I'm getting a few PM's on insight to the appeal process. I'm not ignoring anyone... I dont have enough posts to reply to PM's. Sorry.
    Anyway in my case it was a fairly straight forward process. I had to go to Indy and initial my updated application that listed a misdemenor I had in 2006.
    Not sure if they are all that easy I guess it depends on your situation and reason for denial. I had been denied because I didnt list a OWI arrest from 2006 that was reduced to wreckless driving. My fault as I was so happy to get the OWI dismissed I didnt think about the misdemeanor WD. Aside from the 11 month wait, partially my fault for not understanding my record clearly, the appeal was an easy process. The hard part is waiting for the denial, sending the appeal request, and then waiting for your appeal date. Hope this information helps anyone in the same situation. Good luck! :patriot:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I'm getting a few PM's on insight to the appeal process. I'm not ignoring anyone... I dont have enough posts to reply to PM's. Sorry.
    Anyway in my case it was a fairly straight forward process. I had to go to Indy and initial my updated application that listed a misdemenor I had in 2006.
    Not sure if they are all that easy I guess it depends on your situation and reason for denial. I had been denied because I didnt list a OWI arrest from 2006 that was reduced to wreckless driving. My fault as I was so happy to get the OWI dismissed I didnt think about the misdemeanor WD. Aside from the 11 month wait, partially my fault for not understanding my record clearly, the appeal was an easy process. The hard part is waiting for the denial, sending the appeal request, and then waiting for your appeal date. Hope this information helps anyone in the same situation. Good luck! :patriot:

Thats good info. Glad you finally got yours.

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    App. 4-4-13. L1
    Local 4-5-13
    Paid with USPS mo. Dont do that hard to track
    Day 75 today long time to go.
    Has anyone tried to carry during the wait with an out of state permit. I have Utah but i understand that as soon as i became a Hoosier they want Indiana's LTCH.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    App. 4-4-13. L1
    Local 4-5-13
    Paid with USPS mo. Dont do that hard to track
    Day 75 today long time to go.
    Has anyone tried to carry during the wait with an out of state permit. I have Utah but i understand that as soon as i became a Hoosier they want Indiana's LTCH.

Not sure how it works, but the Utah should keep you valid until you IN shows up. Call your local ISP office.

ricochet22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Pssst, over here

Congrats :rockwoot:

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just wanted to post some information I just found out. I called the ISP phone number and what I did was I listened to the whole recorded message prompt and just stayed on the line. Eventually it connected to someone and I asked the status of my application.

Applied L1
    MO cashed 1/28

When I told her that I was arrested when I was 19 (2005) for minor consumption of alcohol but I went through pre trial diversion and never received any charges. She said it didn't matter. If there is any arrests of any kind on your record, you get thrown in another pile and pretty much go through a whole other background investigation.

I asked her what the average wait times where for people like that and she said normally 6-8 months but with the volume that they are experiencing I will probably get a nice Christmas gift.

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    I have my L-1 appointment on Thursday. Should I go visit the local PD afterwards or do they call me and tell me when to come in?

I would push the process as much as possible. You'll wish you did later. I don't know how your local PD (city) or Sheriff (rural) does it, but I called and then went in. Turns out the town clerk could take my money. I called every day to see if the chief submitted it. Some people on this forum didn't call to find out and had to wait an extra month because they didn't submit it before that. As it was, I had to wait an extra 5 days anyway.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Just wanted to post some information I just found out. I called the ISP phone number and what I did was I listened to the whole recorded message prompt and just stayed on the line. Eventually it connected to someone and I asked the status of my application.

Applied L1
    MO cashed 1/28

When I told her that I was arrested when I was 19 (2005) for minor consumption of alcohol but I went through pre trial diversion and never received any charges. She said it didn't matter. If there is any arrests of any kind on your record, you get thrown in another pile and pretty much go through a whole other background investigation.

I asked her what the average wait times where for people like that and she said normally 6-8 months but with the volume that they are experiencing I will probably get a nice Christmas gift.

Welcome to the "BAD Citizen" stack !

Sit back and relax...it'll be a day or 200+ !!

Hope yours goes thru quickly..I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you on when mine went to the state and I filed L1 too.

Aren't you glad you paid that extra $9.95 to expedite it?

I'm thinking if I hadn't done that...it would be Christmas-time before we got them back !

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Welcome to the "BAD Citizen" stack !

Sit back and relax...it'll be a day or 200+ !!

Hope yours goes thru quickly..I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you on when mine went to the state and I filed L1 too.

Aren't you glad you paid that extra $9.95 to expedite it?

I'm thinking if I hadn't done that...it would be Christmas-time before we got them back !

LOL yeah just seriously kicking myself in the butt for getting that 4 year LTCH last time instead of the Lifetime.

What's crazy is when I got my 4 year I didn't have any type of delay. If I remember right I got it within a months time.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I went with a lady to the city county building in Indy on January 11th to apply for her lifetime permit, she is in her early 80's, she says she has not heard a word about it even though it's been over 6 months. I don't even know if they have cashed the money orders yet.
    Just who should she contact to find out what what the problem is?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I would push the process as much as possible. You'll wish you did later. I don't know how your local PD (city) or Sheriff (rural) does it, but I called and then went in. Turns out the town clerk could take my money. I called every day to see if the chief submitted it. Some people on this forum didn't call to find out and had to wait an extra month because they didn't submit it before that. As it was, I had to wait an extra 5 days anyway.

Thanks for the advice. I already paid the 80-something dollar fee online, so all I have left after that appointment is to visit the PD and pay the local fee. I have a clean record, no arrests or auto tickets, so hopefully I'll get it sometime soon. I have a pretty rare last name so that helps too :yesway:

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Thanks for the advice. I already paid the 80-something dollar fee online, so all I have left after that appointment is to visit the PD and pay the local fee. I have a clean record, no arrests or auto tickets, so hopefully I'll get it sometime soon. I have a pretty rare last name so that helps too :yesway:

A lot of people recently with our stats have gotten theirs between 12-16 weeks after local submits it. After local submits, I would email ISP and ask them if they received your app. When they do, that's when I would start the clock. They will want to know when your money order was cashed, but I paid by credit card when I scheduled my L-1 so I just gave them that date. Make sure you give them your date of birth, too. The instructions are all on the ISP website.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

Applied L1
    MO cashed 1/28

:welcome: to the jungle

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    I went with a lady to the city county building in Indy on January 11th to apply for her lifetime permit, she is in her early 80's, she says she has not heard a word about it even though it's been over 6 months. I don't even know if they have cashed the money orders yet.

No point. They do not answer the phone and have stopped responding to emails. I emailed them April the 4th and still haven't heard anything. Filed l1 on 1/8/13. But if you still want to contact them, just google Indiana state police gun license. You will find email and phone number

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

I agree with Micah, you won't get anywhere with email. It's just a generic response anyway, telling you how busy they are.

If she saved the M.O. receipt, she should be able to find out if it was cashed.

If she had any arrest for anything in her lifetime, that explains the wait.

Hope this helps.

JHancock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Paid State fee online and scheduled L-1 on 3/8/2013.
    L-1 done on 3/15/2013.
    Paid local PD on 3/15/2013 (showed the new town marshal how to actually do it, I was a former Reserve Police Officer prior to regime change, and was transmitted to ISP at that time).
    Zero record
    Issued 6/13/2013.
    Received 6/17/2013.
    Exactly 90 days for it to be issued.
    All-in-all the process has taken longer than "legally" mandated, but it is slowly going through. I also emailed the Governor through his website and cited the Indiana Code and requested immediate approval or denial and that a portion or all of my state fee be refunded as well as emailed ISP with the same request, but I'm guessing that has fallen on deaf ears.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    It's been 156 days since the State received my application...

OR:

Roughly 13,478,400 seconds (plus or minus a few thousand here and there)
    224,640 minutes (plus or minus a few hundred here and there)
    3744 hours (give or take an hour or two)

That's right about 22.28571428571429 weeks

I was bored...:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom