Not open for further replies.

Oldman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bluffton, In
    Too late

I was aware of the online app but not the advantage of the L1 option so my prints were taken at the sheriff office and I mailed the money order that same day. Nothing about a background check was mentioned at the time though some questions were asked and answered.

There is no point in this post other than to express frustration that my LTCH will be much longer in coming than it would have been. I was told more than once about the online option but no one mentioned the advantage of the L1 until it was too late. Logically, getting printed and mailing it in person seemed more efficient...goes to show logic isn't always best. Knowledge is king and I was sorely lacking. :xmad:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    I was aware of the online app but not the advantage of the L1 option so my prints were taken at the sheriff office and I mailed the money order that same day. Nothing about a background check was mentioned at the time though some questions were asked and answered.

There is no point in this post other than to express frustration that my LTCH will be much longer in coming than it would have been. I was told more than once about the online option but no one mentioned the advantage of the L1 until it was too late. Logically, getting printed and mailing it in person seemed more efficient...goes to show logic isn't always best. Knowledge is king and I was sorely lacking. :xmad:

That's why I think this information should be on the homepage of this site in bold red letters or something to grab the attention of the newcomer to INGo. By the time someone new learns to navigate the forum to find such information it is usually too late as they have already applied using misinformation obtained either from a friend or the ISP website itself.However I am also new to this forum and do not know how to go about making such a change. Help from the moderators would be nice. :dunno: :)

Oldman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bluffton, In
    That's why I think this information should be on the homepage of this site in bold red letters or something to grab the attention of the newcomer to INGo. By the time someone new learns to navigate the forum to find such information it is usually too late as they have already applied using misinformation obtained either from a friend or the ISP website itself.However I am also new to this forum and do not know how to go about making such a change. Help from the moderators would be nice. :dunno: :)

I have only myself to blame. There is no GOOD reason that getting printed and sending it in should take very much longer but it does. If the process is so much better, why not do all licenses online?

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    I have only myself to blame. There is no GOOD reason that getting printed and sending it in should take very much longer but it does. If the process is so much better, why not do all licenses online?

I spoke with Debbie at the ISP office on Friday. She states that the reason the normal online or walk in applications take longer is that once received by the ISP all the information on the application must then be entered into the computer by someone in that office and then verified before the background check is submitted. She said that if L1 Security is used they enter all that information and verify it before you leave L1 and they enter it into the ISP data base so that no monkey work needs to be done at ISP. This is what speeds up the process. :)

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Well it looks like I have to go to a government building to apply for mine so i expect to stand in line for atleast 6 weeks
    Go online to the in.gov/Indiana State Police page and apply online. If you use the L1 security option offered for $10.95 additional charge you should have your license in less than two weeks as opposed to twelve to fifteen weeks. :)

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Go online to the in.gov/Indiana State Police page and apply online. If you use the L1 security option offered for $10.95 additional charge you should have your license in less than two weeks as opposed to twelve to fifteen weeks. :)

I actually did apply online and I regret not doing the L1 option. Do you know if theres any way I can go back and do it now?

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    I tried to do that and was told that if they received two applications with the same name and address etc. it would confuse the system and would delay the LTCH indefinitely until they sorted it out. :rolleyes:

I didnt have to fill out the application again when I went to the L1 website it remembered me from earlier

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Well Im a little short on funds right now, im just getting back on my feet financially and wont be able to go get fingerprinted and all that for another week. Its i think $11 extra to do it through L1, and $75 to the state $50 to the local (local law enforcement I guess?)

I know when i got my hazardous materials endorsement on my CDL and had to get backround check/fingerprinted it was almost $100...My company reimbursed me for that though.

9lock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Classified
    I know when i got my hazardous materials endorsement on my CDL and had to get backround check/fingerprinted.
    SAY WHAT!, You have GOT to be kidding, What the hell is that going to do? Every month it seems I hear of such BS that makes no sense and ends with a cha ching, what next a lawnmower license or a weed trimmer permit :rolleyes:

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    SAY WHAT!, You have GOT to be kidding, What the hell is that going to do? Every month it seems I hear of such BS that makes no sense and ends with a cha ching, what next a lawnmower license or a weed trimmer permit :rolleyes:

It also took 5 weeks to come back. How long can it possibly take to type my name into their crime databases or whatever they use

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    It also took 5 weeks to come back. How long can it possibly take to type my name into their crime databases or whatever they use

I asked the lady at the ISP office the same question while I was talking to her. She replied that it only took a few minutes but that there were over 5000 applications backed up waiting to be processed! :dunno: :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom