• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    That doesn't make any sense. On the firearms FAQ section of ISP there is a question -

Why do you not wait to cash my check until you process the application?​
    Indiana Board of Accounts procedures require the money be deposited within 24 hours.

How are they waiting over 60 days to cash the money order if they are supposed to do it within 24 HOURS?

josterman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I went in today hand them 2 money orders and they told be it could take up too 3 months for me to get mine. We will see on how long it will actually takes.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    A guy from ISP just told my fiancé that as of 6/4/2010 she is now in the system. We're not sure what that means, but at least her stack of papers has been shuffled. :rockwoot:

Tomorrow, it will be 14 weeks since she applied.

9lock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Classified
    Nothing today. Will be 13 weeks on Wednesday since I walked into the Beech Grove Police Department with my $125.00. With that $125.00, I began a quest to BUY BACK my constitutional right to bear arms. Did you hear that? I'm buying my right to bear arms, and at a substantial wait as well.
    Dam Protest you still have not recived it, man that is unacceptable.

jp828108

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Clermont
    Congratulation on applying for the lifetime license. It is nice to not have to worry about it every four years. And since you're 21, you saved quite a bit of money. I applied for the lifetime when I was 20-21 for that very reason.

What are you planning on carrying once you get the license?

i bought a Smith & Wesson m&p 40c for concealment purposes. i'm not sure if i will carry it or not yet. i haven't even been able to shoot it since i can't legally go to the range. i also have an xdm in 40 caliber that i have shot quite a bit when i used to live in ohio.

MagillaG67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    91 days & still nothing. 2 days & no reply on my email. But-- there was a Crossbreed holster & an Apex Tactical trigger kit in my mailbox. Thank God for companies that aren't run by the government.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    91 days & still nothing. 2 days & no reply on my email. But-- there was a Crossbreed holster & an Apex Tactical trigger kit in my mailbox. Thank God for companies that aren't run by the government.
    It appears by your date mention that you applied on 03/08. I applied on 03/10 and just got mine today. So, I'm guessing yours will get here this week too. Let us know in this thread when it does.

MagillaG67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    It appears by your date mention that you applied on 03/08. I applied on 03/10 and just got mine today. So, I'm guessing yours will get here this week too. Let us know in this thread when it does.

I definitely will. Crossbeed even put in a roll of Wild Cherry Lifesavers.The holster cost me $3.28 less than the mythical license. Do you think I can expect as much from the State Police? :noway:

Last edited:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    You're lucky Protest. As I've said before in this thread. My fiancé applied on 3/4/10 and she still doesn't have hers. The guy from ISP was pretty helpful though. He told her that if it still isn't here in 3-4 weeks, to let him know again.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    My fiancé's little pink permission slip arrived in the mail today. It came exactly 14 weeks after she applied at her local Sheriff's office. That's 98 days total - 70 business days total.

I hope the rest of you guys and girls get yours soon too.

huzyerdaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Hamilton County
    I applied today in Hamilton County, Carmel Police Department. Got fingerprinted and paid my $125, then had a apppointment with the Chief of Police- Chief Fogarty. He is a great person, very supportive of the 2nd Amendment and very concerned about people receiving the proper training, which is the reason he interviews EVERY LTCH in Carmel, I was impressed!

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    I applied today in Hamilton County, Carmel Police Department. Got fingerprinted and paid my $125, then had a apppointment with the Chief of Police- Chief Fogarty. He is a great person, very supportive of the 2nd Amendment and very concerned about people receiving the proper training, which is the reason he interviews EVERY LTCH in Carmel, I was impressed!
    Congratulations! Thanks for applying.

Two questions:

1. Do you have the option to go with the L-1 security route in the application process or is it already too late? If you don't go this route, you will be waiting approximately 3-4 months before your license gets to you.

2. What kind of questions did Chief Fogarty ask? I'm curious what a Chief would consider a 'proper person'.

Welcome to INGO by the way! :ar15::shoot::ar15::shoot:

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy

I agree, Chief Fogarty is a great person, very friendly. I had my meeting with him April 1st.......still waiting for my permit :dunno:

Protest......From what I can remember he asked me about my experience with firearms, why I applied for the LTCH, and what I intend to do with it. He explained that since he was going to endorse the app that he basically had to ask these questions but all in all he was very friendly, I had done a tour of the police station and lunch with the chief when I was about 10 for my birthday party :laugh: so we ended up talking about "me" and where I am at now in my life more than we did about the actual license !!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom