• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Been 2 weeks on my "local" background check lol. Funny because, when I enlisted in the military, the background check was completed and faxed back before we could even send the fax to another state I needed a check on.

Gettin' REAL tired.

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    UPDATE: So after TWO weeks of waiting, I gave the lady at the local PD another call but she was at lunch. She returned my call to tell me that my stuff was ready to pickup..SWEET!

So I go down there, and she gives me a yellow envelope pre-addressed to ISP Firearms Division and my paper application..Baffled by the fact that she just gave me the application back, I called ISP Firearms at 317-233-5054.

I spoke to a lady who pulled my name up and said everything appears ready and has been for a week, just hasn't been finalized and she doesn't know why nor does she have the clearance to check any further. I told her I had the same application to mail to them that I already sent to them electronically via L-1 when I paid my $85.95. She says there is no reason for me to mail the application and to call "Kim" tomorrow to see what's up as she has the clearance but is gone for the day.

Not sure if they were waiting on my local PD to approve my background check or what, but I'm hoping for some more solid info tomorrow from Ms. Kim.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    I was so wanting to get my pink paper in the mail today. Would have been a great bday present. so now i am just sitting in the house with my new G36 on my hip!

RegionRaider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Hammond
    Finally, it has arrived. 71 working days later. I applied 3/25. It just seemed longer. I hadn't been that anixous about the mail since was a kid waiting for some prize I had to send in box tops for.

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Finally, it has arrived. 71 working days later. I applied 3/25. It just seemed longer. I hadn't been that anixous about the mail since was a kid waiting for some prize I had to send in box tops for.

Lol. Some of you should try taking the route I did, right now I'm waiting for the rest of the info tomorrow but it looks like papa is getting UPS delivery for my sweet talks. Now I know why my wife fell for my ****. :rockwoot::cool:

josh052084

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    I just renewed my 4 year and got my lifetime on May 04 2010 and I still havent gotten mine yet. Im pretty upset because I havent been able to carry my Sig in months because I forgot that my card expired. Oops remeber to look at your cards, now I wont have to worry about that anymore.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    I just renewed my 4 year and got my lifetime on May 04 2010 and I still havent gotten mine yet. Im pretty upset because I havent been able to carry my Sig in months because I forgot that my card expired. Oops remeber to look at your cards, now I wont have to worry about that anymore.

I believe that if you have applied before your 4 year expired you can continue to carry until your lifetime LTCH arrives by carrying your expired 4 year and a copy of the receipt for the new application.

Indiana Code: 35-47-1

(b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Lol. Some of you should try taking the route I did, right now I'm waiting for the rest of the info tomorrow but it looks like papa is getting UPS delivery for my sweet talks. Now I know why my wife fell for my ****. :rockwoot::cool:

Trust me we have heard of "taking your route" over and over again. Most of us had no clue that route was even a possibility. Thing is once you apply, you cant switch it up which really sucks so we end up having to wait months. Guess its worth it for a lifetime license though.....

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.

Have to ask. Would you have known about using the L1 Security option if you had not read the posts on this thread? :dunno:

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Trust me we have heard of "taking your route" over and over again. Most of us had no clue that route was even a possibility. Thing is once you apply, you cant switch it up which really sucks so we end up having to wait months. Guess its worth it for a lifetime license though.....

No you misunderstand, I'm not referring to online, I'm referring to getting a nice lady on the phone and sweet talking. Offered to pay for USPS/UPS shipping so I could have it before my vacation and was told it shouldn't be an "issue". Let's see :P

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    No you misunderstand, I'm not referring to online, I'm referring to getting a nice lady on the phone and sweet talking. Offered to pay for USPS/UPS shipping so I could have it before my vacation and was told it shouldn't be an "issue". Let's see :P

Oh gotcha, Let us know if that works out.........interesting

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom