• Status
    Not open for further replies.

YukYuPhat

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    I agree, Chief Fogarty is a great person, very friendly. I had my meeting with him April 1st.......still waiting for my permit :dunno:

Protest......From what I can remember he asked me about my experience with firearms, why I applied for the LTCH, and what I intend to do with it. He explained that since he was going to endorse the app that he basically had to ask these questions but all in all he was very friendly, I had done a tour of the police station and lunch with the chief when I was about 10 for my birthday party :laugh: so we ended up talking about "me" and where I am at now in my life more than we did about the actual license !!

Don't get me wrong, I am sure you had a great time. But I was under the impression that the Chief LEO did not have to sign off on your application? I was under the impression that Indiana is a "shall issue" state, which takes the human element out of the application process?

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Don't get me wrong, I am sure you had a great time. But I was under the impression that the Chief LEO did not have to sign off on your application? I was under the impression that Indiana is a "shall issue" state, which takes the human element out of the application process?

You could be right....I'm not sure what the law is but I specifically remember him saying, "since I am going to put my signature on this, I want to know...yada yada yada"

So who knows?!

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Indiana is a shall issue state. If you wanted to be stubborn and make a bad impression you could have declined every question he had that wasn't on the form and still not only been within your rights, but still receive your license as long as your record was clean.

He may have been a nice guy, but he is slowing the application process down by "interviewing" everyone who applies and the questions are just his personal preference, they are certainly not a requirement for him to sign off in Indiana. Even if he was the nicest guy in the world, I would have felt a little intruded by the questioning, but I've heard this before from other people on here about Carmel.

diverdown219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    N.W. IN
    L1.....the only way to go.

My son got his LTCH now:rockwoot:

Friday May 28, 3:00 pm: filled out online application, and paid state fees online.
    Friday May 28, 4:00 pm: fingerprinted by L1 identity solutions .
    Tuesday June 1, 11:00 am went to sheriff's office and paid local fee.
    Tuesday June 8, 1:00 pm LTCH in mailbox.

when my 4 years are up, I'm going this route.:D

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    diverdown, the L1 is working too good. that said....it will need to be "tinkered" with by the higher ups and it will probly be just like the regular app process. Gov= works good , lets fix it.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    My son got his LTCH now:rockwoot:

Friday May 28, 3:00 pm: filled out online application, and paid state fees online.
    Friday May 28, 4:00 pm: fingerprinted by L1 identity solutions .
    Tuesday June 1, 11:00 am went to sheriff's office and paid local fee.
    Tuesday June 8, 1:00 pm LTCH in mailbox.

when my 4 years are up, I'm going this route.:D
    You can apply, within 6 months, of expire date..... good luck...

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    I'm with the people that are upset about this "local LE sign off" stuff.

When I applied for my LTCH a month or so ago, I got back a letter from the Lafayette PD saying they'd forwarded my app along to the ISP after "approving" it. WTF. Do they even have any legal say over it?

And as I'd said in my post at the time, the letter is worded more or less such that it seems they believe citizens are going to screw up and hurt/kill people and such. :/

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    I hate this thread, it makes me so bummed I didnt know about the L1 deal before sending off my stuff. Id almost pay another $125 to do it all over again.

They won't let you do that either, I asked. The lady at ISP said that if a second application was entered under the same identity (name, ssn etc.) it would confuse the system and the application would be delayed indefinitely while they sorted it out. :dunno: :rolleyes:

MagillaG67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Finally found out why I haven't received mine in almost 14 weeks. I called the State Police & was told it was denied & pending, because of false info. I was told that I had a previous DUI :40oz:conviction. That was news to me. I'm surprised I actually stayed calm & didn't yell. Anyway I called my local PD & the lady who answered the phone told me she'd look it up & call me back. She called back about 2 hours later & said she found the problem. Apparently the ISP got sent someone else's info. Same name(First,middle & last) height,weight & hair color. The only difference was our city of birth & a very similar Soc. Sec. # She told me she'd take care of it & apologized numerous times. So hopefully I'll be seeing a pink piece of paper next week, minus the RED TAPE that's been stuck to it for the last 2 weeks.
    My advice to anyone that's still waiting after 10 weeks. CALL. Especially if you have a common name.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Look what I got in the mail today :)

2010-06-11%2013.24.23.jpg

Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    Someone mentioned earlier that they had been taking their gun to the range to shoot, and didnt realize that it was illegal. Based on what I had read, this was because he didnt have his carry permit. If I dont have a carry permit of some sort, am I not allowed to transport my guns? My apologies for sounding like the newbie here, but I just moved from the Peoples Republic of California late last year, and hit the range whenever I can.

I applied for my Lifetime LTCH Personal Protection Permit at the Plainfield Police Station, submitted my paperwork online, and used Plainfield PD for the prints. I want to say I filed April 30th. I watch the box everyday with hope that it will arrive. And..after this weekend, i want it NOW. I spent Friday evening in downtown Indy. Stayed at the Conrad and ate at Shula's. That's about a 3 block walk. Not bad at all, but would have felt much more comfortable with my pregnant wife in my left hand and my snubbie in my right.

BTW, how about the humidity....sheesh!

Regards,
    Jim

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Look what I got in the mail today :)

2010-06-11%2013.24.23.jpg

Blonde hair, blue eyes, 5'10, 200lbs, ugly handwriting....A/S/L? :P

but seriously..my PD STILL has not received or bothered to call me back about my "local" background check that they do here before they even send the damn thing off to ISP. ISP probably already has and processed my finger prints and background check through L-1 and just waiting for the rest of my application.

Not happy so far.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom