• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    Jim was a friend of mine from high school. He grew up right next door to my grandparents, so we'd hang out when I was over there. As cliche as it may sound, he was literally the guy everyone liked. Never heard anyone say a bad word about him, rarely saw anyone near him not laughing. We lost touch as I was in the Corps and living in DC, but saw him once in a while. Recently we hired his wife (who is an absolutely amazing person as well) to do our engagement photos and our wedding in the spring. She said he would most likely tag along and I was really looking forward to catching up with him. I wasn't as close with him as many others, but I know what kind of man he was and this world is truly a worse place without him.

You've all covered the dangers, information is still coming out, but it appears he was prepared. But as it has been said, sometimes you can't protect yourself from an ambush, no matter how ready for one you may be.

The funeral service provided by his unit was well done. And a thanks to IMPD for finding the subjects quickly. I'm too angry to type any more at this time.

If anyone feels like helping out his wife and son during this time, they've set up a fund that goes directly to Jamie.

Love and support for Jamie and Gavin | Other - YouCaring.com

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    It's sad I even wonder about this. Do you know the people running the site? Asking because you hear about these charity sites and in the end the family only gets pennies on the dollar.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I sold a bunch of furniture on craigslist that had belonged to my parents and grandparents. The buyers came over to the house to look and some of them purchased the furniture, I helped them carry it out and load it. Never had any bad experience, but I always try to be observant and look for signs of trouble when dealing with strangers.

I don't think its so much the fact that its craigslist as much as being in a situation of dealing with strangers who know you have cash on you, especially if you're the buyer, such as in a potential craigslist sale. You really have to be vigilant and aware of your surroundings.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Certainly. It's at the City County Building at 50 N Alabama. The case is in major felony court 3 center tower. Pleae watch the entire thing including the sentencing.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Certainly. It's at the City County Building at 50 N Alabama. The case is in major felony court 3 center tower. Pleae watch the entire thing including the sentencing.
    I'm not sure how much time I can dedicate to it as it's only my own sheer curiosity but we'll see what happens. I don't know what my schedule is for 2 weeks from now much less February. If somebody here on INGO wants to organize a small group to go to the trial I'd be happy to come along but I don't want to organize it as I spend my whole day managing things as-is.

At the very least showing up would show some support for the family that lost a husband and father and the community.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    It blows me away that this had been going on for six weeks with the same phone number and nothing was set up to catch these two. It had to come to someones death before it was considered serious enough. Our system sucks!!!!!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom