• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm not sure how much time I can dedicate to it as it's only my own sheer curiosity but we'll see what happens. I don't know what my schedule is for 2 weeks from now much less February. If somebody here on INGO wants to organize a small group to go to the trial I'd be happy to come along but I don't want to organize it as I spend my whole day managing things as-is.

At the very least showing up would show some support for the family that lost a husband and father and the community.
    if someone can tell me how to find the days and times or can post them I'd like to attend.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    It blows me away that this had been going on for six weeks with the same phone number and nothing was set up to catch these two. It had to come to someones death before it was considered serious enough. Our system sucks!!!!!!

Investigations take time. If a detective doesn't do any legwork and rushes to make an arrest it can have a negative effect on every case.

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    Just from my experience (not law enforcement, this was on the Federal level) getting cooperation to get the IP can take a little while... I'm sure IMPD had been working diligently trying to track them down before this happened.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    By this same token the prosecution can claim family members tearfully watching the trial would unfairly influence the case for the defense.

Were all of the incidents in the same Apt. Complex?????

I don't have time to go back and reread but I thought one of the articles mentioned that the incidents were in the same area. I don't think it said the same apt complex.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    It blows me away that this had been going on for six weeks with the same phone number and nothing was set up to catch these two. It had to come to someones death before it was considered serious enough. Our system sucks!!!!!!

Manpower issues? Limited resources means you have to prioritize.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't have time to go back and reread but I thought one of the articles mentioned that the incidents were in the same area. I don't think it said the same apt complex.

If it was a set up would have been so easy. Even seeing the same number and setting these a$$hats up would have been so easy. Not suggesting doing anything outside the law of course but really....6 weeks. That is a serious push and someone ended up dead for it.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I was thumbing through Facebook earlier today and noticed my cousin offering condolences to a friend who had just lost her husband. His name was James Vester, 32 new father and I think a vet. He was shot and killed yesterday trying to buy an iPad for someone he had met on Craigslist. The murder took place 10th and Girls School Rd. at apartments I can't remember the name of now. Broad daylight, plenty of witnesses. This could have easily been me. I'm always using CL to buy and sell and have had mostly all positive encounters. Now there is no way in hell I am meeting anyone anywhere but very public/crowded places but still this one was very close to home for me. Be careful out there people. Constant SA especially as we enter into the holidays.
    I have met him, we "served together" in the INARNG .....

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Investigations take time. If a detective doesn't do any legwork and rushes to make an arrest it can have a negative effect on every case.

I hear you Frank but the same phone number for the same type of products (Cell Phones) over a six week period seems a little easy to follow the pattern. I'm not dumping on IMPD. I have a lot of respect for you and all LEO for the job that you do. I just think that you guys have to tread a little too lightly sometimes in fear of lawsuits and lawyers that put the scumbags back on the streets. That is why I said our system sucks. The bottom line is the system failed to save Jim Vester

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Manpower issues? Limited resources means you have to prioritize.

The grandkids watched Home Alone last night and the two doofus BG's were known as the "Wet Bandits" The Kincade brothers were "Craiglist Bandits" that were robbing people at gun point every 10 days. If this doesn't move this case up the prioritize ladder then I guess a murder will. Oh wait that already happened didn't it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I hear you Frank but the same phone number for the same type of products (Cell Phones) over a six week period seems a little easy to follow the pattern. I'm not dumping on IMPD. I have a lot of respect for you and all LEO for the job that you do. I just think that you guys have to tread a little too lightly sometimes in fear of lawsuits and lawyers that put the scumbags back on the streets. That is why I said our system sucks. The bottom line is the system failed to save Jim Vester

I'm not the NSA. I have very specific rules on when I can track a cellphone's location, and its a very high bar. Search warrants for phone records can take months to come back. This is a balance between safety and personal liberty.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    I have a neighbor who's listed a number of items on Craigslist a few days ago including a Dr. Dre Beat Box ($400 retail value), he received a call from a person who was nervous about driving into Carmel and wanted him to come to the east side....I told my neighbor to have him meet in front of the nearest police station to that guys location, once he sent that reply, all communication stopped. I'm sick of seeing good people being robbed or killed by some PoS who's too lazy to get up off their butt and work to make an honest living, and will continue to inform everyone I know of the very real dangers that exist when you meet with a perfect stranger to exchange valuables or cash. That being said, most Craigslist interactions end on a positive note, there's even a movie called "Craigslist Joe" which documents a man who survived a month relying solely on the kindness of others on Craigslist. At the end of the day I'm very thankful for INGO's trader ranking system which at least allows us to somewhat get a feel for the persons we'll be exchanging with.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The grandkids watched Home Alone last night and the two doofus BG's were known as the "Wet Bandits" The Kincade brothers were "Craiglist Bandits" that were robbing people at gun point every 10 days. If this doesn't move this case up the prioritize ladder then I guess a murder will. Oh wait that already happened didn't it.

It is especially easy to see a pattern after it's drawn.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Don't say you aren't dumping on IMPD and then say we tread too lightly. That is an insult and if I didn't want the banhammer I'd tell you exactly what I thought of your opinion. Before you throw out uninformed insults like that you need to study up on how exactly the entire realm of law enforcement works in Marion County.

Our Robbery and Homicide detectives are severely understaffed and overworked, but people sure do like to **** on them every chance they get because it took them time to connect the dots and make a solid case instead of just throwing something together.

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville

Don't say you aren't dumping on IMPD and then say we tread too lightly. That is an insult and if I didn't want the banhammer I'd tell you exactly what I thought of your opinion. Before you throw out uninformed insults like that you need to study up on how exactly the entire realm of law enforcement works in Marion County.

Our Robbery and Homicide detectives are severely understaffed and overworked, but people sure do like to **** on them every chance they get because it took them time to connect the dots and make a solid case instead of just throwing something together.

Frank, I dont think Gluemanz28 was trying to insult IMPD. I could be wrong and please, Gluemanz28... do correct me if I am wrong here bc I am not trying to defend someone who would insult IMPD as I know how difficult their job is!

The way I read this leads me to believe Gluemanz28 was trying to articulate that he believes, although IMPD works extremely hard and deals with a bunch of S*** on a daily basis, he thinks that sometimes the "gloves" of the "system" have to come off. Not that anyone wasnt doing their job properly. But that sometimes the "system" sacrifices an appropriate (heavy) sentence to avoid backlash or a law suite.

Either way investigations take time. Building an effective case, even when the truth seems so obvious, takes time! Let the "system" do it's work. These IMPD officers work their a**** off. I am very close with a good number of them and although I wont claim to "know what they go through" I will say I understand and have empathy for them and what they do for our community. These officers sacrifice so much and often times recieve little gratitude for there efforts!

I had the pleasure of serving in the INARNG with Jim Vester. I pray the system does right by Jim and his family. God Speed brother.

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    Sorry if the info is already posted or has already occured (Yes I did a search) but when is the funeral and may anyone attend?

The viewing was last sunday, and the funeral with full Military honors was held Monday morning in Brownsburg. I would say over a thousand people showed up to both, although many chose not to attend the burial ceremonies.

1465355_708493195842102_1041304036_n.jpg

1482989_708102262547862_1462940713_n.jpg

1503918_708096419215113_371297231_n.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom