• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    One of the most somber things a man can do in his life is stand next to a grave a salute while taps is played slowly. Their funeral detail did an outstanding job honoring one of their own.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My late uncle was career military. His honer guard was spot on. Such attention to every detail. He was cremated so no casket to drape. They unfolded and presented the flag. They re-folded it and presented it to my aunt. It was impossible not to tear up.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Our Robbery and Homicide detectives are severely understaffed and overworked, but people sure do like to **** on them every chance they get because it took them time to connect the dots and make a solid case instead of just throwing something together.

+1

(my BIL is an IMPD detective and he's very good at what he does. he's an amazing husband, father, and he sacrifices for his city every day. he's a hero in my book.)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Frank,

I was not :poop: on the staff at IMPD....I realize how busy they are.
    It is just crazy no one else put this together. If this happened to me I would be looking everyday at CL and If I saw that number repeat I would be blowing up the phones down there. And trust me, we would be looking for those a$$-hats.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Frank,

I was not :poop: on the staff at IMPD....I realize how busy they are.
    It is just crazy no one else put this together. If this happened to me I would be looking everyday at CL and If I saw that number repeat I would be blowing up the phones down there. And trust me, we would be looking for those a$$-hats.

Who says the detectives weren't putting things together? One thing most people don't realize is the fact that detectives are given cases all over the county. Detectives are not assigned to a particular area so they could get a case from 42/Post one day and 10/Girls School the next. And working on one case is a hell of alot easier than working on 30 at the same time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Who says the detectives weren't putting things together? One thing most people don't realize is the fact that detectives are given cases all over the county. Detectives are not assigned to a particular area so they could get a case from 42/Post one day and 10/Girls School the next. And working on one case is a hell of alot easier than working on 30 at the same time.

Again, I realize this full well. I have dealt with them and realize the case load.
    My thoughts are basically emotion driven due to the loss of a good man at the hands of 2 dirt bags who I am sure have lengthy involvement with LEO and the system. Not yours or any LEO fault these POS are not put in jail and made to suffer the consequences of their actions. It is the holes in the system that make us have to endure such people.
    I would hope (if and when) the new jail will rectify some of this. Not holding my breath just hopeful.
    You guy's keep locking them up.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I think part of the problem is TV sets unrealistic expectations. Fingerprints come back in seconds, DNA before the next commercial break, telephone records at the leisure of the detective, witnesses are a finger snap away, etc. There are somethings that just take time. I am at the mercy of the telephone company about getting records back. Prints routinely take 10-30 days to return, etc. etc.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I think everybody dumping on the police just want to see justice done. To all those dumping on the police - understand that they're not sitting around twiddling their thumbs and doing whatever they can to slow the process down.

The gears of justice turn slowly. Trying to speed it up can create issues - i.e. case thrown out on a technicality, evidence excluded due to X, Y, or Z.

We all want justice done - even the police if not especially the police - but it takes time.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    Don't say you aren't dumping on IMPD and then say we tread too lightly. That is an insult and if I didn't want the banhammer I'd tell you exactly what I thought of your opinion. Before you throw out uninformed insults like that you need to study up on how exactly the entire realm of law enforcement works in Marion County.

Our Robbery and Homicide detectives are severely understaffed and overworked, but people sure do like to **** on them every chance they get because it took them time to connect the dots and make a solid case instead of just throwing something together.

Frank, I dont think Gluemanz28 was trying to insult IMPD. I could be wrong and please, Gluemanz28... do correct me if I am wrong here bc I am not trying to defend someone who would insult IMPD as I know how difficult their job is!

The way I read this leads me to believe Gluemanz28 was trying to articulate that he believes, although IMPD works extremely hard and deals with a bunch of S*** on a daily basis, he thinks that sometimes the "gloves" of the "system" have to come off. Not that anyone wasnt doing their job properly. But that sometimes the "system" sacrifices an appropriate (heavy) sentence to avoid backlash or a law suite.

Either way investigations take time. Building an effective case, even when the truth seems so obvious, takes time! Let the "system" do it's work. These IMPD officers work their a**** off. I am very close with a good number of them and although I wont claim to "know what they go through" I will say I understand and have empathy for them and what they do for our community. These officers sacrifice so much and often times recieve little gratitude for there efforts!

I had the pleasure of serving in the INARNG with Jim Vester. I pray the system does right by Jim and his family. God Speed brother.

Frank you totally misunderstood what I was trying to say. Justin727 thank you for getting what I was trying to say. One of the downsides to reading on a forum is you don't get to see someones face or hear their tone when speaking directly to them. I grew up in Muncie and my best friends father who was like a Dad to me was a Detective on the Homicide Division. My friend was an MP in the Army after High School and later became a Deputy for the Delaware Co Sheriffs Department so I do know a little not a lot but a little. When I said that I respect you and all LEO that was from the heart. I treat everyone with respect until they disrespect me.

I am sorry if you have been disrespected, insulted and attacked on INGO enough that you felt the need to lash out at me in public instead of sending me a PM. I can guarantee you that nobody on INGO has more respect for you and all LEO for what you do daily 24/7 than me.

Justin727 Thank You again for taking the time to post what you did on my behalf. You nailed what I was trying to say.

dmonsche

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    News report I read on one of the TV webs said that Vester was found shot to death, armed with a handgun, his wallet and his cash was intact. So why did they kill him? Because they are thugs, living the thug life. They killed him and took nothing, according to the report I read.
    My thoughts are he was OC and the dumbasses thought he was going to rob them or was a cop or something and shot him before he had a chance to go for his.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Have done many CL and Hoosier Topic deals and have ALWAYS been armed and meet in a public place unless I already knew the other person or had done prior business with them...this day and age it's not safe to go to Wal-Mart alone meet complete strangers without considering all possibilities. Also, NEVER let your wife/GF or kids EVER do one of these meetings. My wife has bought a few things off of CL and I always make sure I'm the one to show up for the meeting.

Top Bottom