• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    NO!

You need to take a Lysol can into a very small room, like a walkin closet or bathroom. Empty the entire can into the air (2 cans if you have them) just like a bug fogger. Then stand in the room and inhale deeply at least 10 time while standing. Then again while sitting, and one more time while laying on the floor. Then repeat entire procedure 3 times.

This would take care of most ailments. :rolleyes:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    That would be the follow up therapy. It's like a coronavirus happy ending. Remember its a respiratory virus and lungs exchange with the blood stream so its like a 2 fer 1 detox.

Im assuming when I pass out and continue breathing, that will count towards the laying down part?

Man, these cures are getting tougher and tougher. Can’t we just go back to Campbell’s soup and 7 up?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

My SIL is a ER Doc at hospital in South Bend. Hes been working directly with the Kung Flu patients. Was told he'll be looking at a 20% pay cut if they dont get back to normal soon. Normal meaning opening the hospital back up to all procedures.
    That seems fair, right? Front line of this supposed pandemic and gets to take a pay cut.

Time to open the damn state back up!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    oils.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I commented on an article for wish tv on Facebook. I simply said we needed to think about the economy and open up. You would think I was hitler for saying it. People went crazy with hate.

Point out that "no working economy" means "no food".
    And if they don't live on a farm, they might start to get hungry.
    Also, hospitals use MANY things that won't be available soon.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Point out that "no working economy" means "no food".
    And if they don't live on a farm, they might start to get hungry.
    Also, hospitals use MANY things that won't be available soon.

there in lies the two-headed nature of this beast. If we are looking at a food shortage it is because the meat processors ARE currently working... shoulder to shoulder... so now processing plants are closing due to the high infection rates.

the answer is not “SIP forever.” Nor is it “everyone back to work NOW.” We have to start peeling back the restrictions, trying to get people to work where reasonable, keeping people working from home where possible, preventing large crowds, encouraging masks, etc. If we observe the bleeding has stopped, we can’t just rip off the bandage, or we might rip out the stitches, too. We flattened the curve. Yay us! Now we have to monitor the resource availability while we start to 1) get the healthcare system operational 2) start to get businesses that are shut down back in operation, and so on. A haircut can wait. Attending a ballgame can wait. I can work in the basement a while longer. but IMO it’s time for this phased approach to start now, especially getting the healthcare system started back up.

or we can be polarized and bicker as a nation and end up with too many dead to count (plus younger folks w. significant health impacts), a completely destroyed healthcare system, face a global depression, have to live with food rations, or maybe even all of the above if we aren’t careful.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    A few wise post-grads in statistics or economics have just arrived at a thesis topic: The abysmal state of US data intelligence.

It's pretty clear our government has no ****ing idea what they are doing.

pre 9-11 intel not acted on (at least twice).
    WMD's in Iraq.
    and the $3trillion Covid-19 ready, shoot, aim data disaster.

And global warming advocates will no longer be believed by ANYONE.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    there in lies the two-headed nature of this beast. If we are looking at a food shortage it is because the meat processors ARE currently working... shoulder to shoulder... so now processing plants are closing due to the high infection rates.

the answer is not “SIP forever.” Nor is it “everyone back to work NOW.” We have to start peeling back the restrictions, trying to get people to work where reasonable, keeping people working from home where possible, preventing large crowds, encouraging masks, etc. If we observe the bleeding has stopped, we can’t just rip off the bandage, or we might rip out the stitches, too. We flattened the curve. Yay us! Now we have to monitor the resource availability while we start to 1) get the healthcare system operational 2) start to get businesses that are shut down back in operation, and so on. A haircut can wait. Attending a ballgame can wait. I can work in the basement a while longer. but IMO it’s time for this phased approach to start now, especially getting the healthcare system started back up.

or we can be polarized and bicker as a nation and end up with too many dead to count (plus younger folks w. significant health impacts), a completely destroyed healthcare system, face a global depression, have to live with food rations, or maybe even all of the above if we aren’t careful.

"Flattening the curve" was about not overrunning our healthcare system, we did that. Herd immunity is not gained hiding. The at risk need to do that which will protect themselves. The rest need to get to work...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A few wise post-grads in statistics or economics have just arrived at a thesis topic: The abysmal state of US data intelligence.

WMD's in Iraq.
    and the $3trillion Covid-19 ready, aim, shoot data disaster.

And yet our goverment continues to pretend it does...

Predctive models of natural events are an utter failure because there are too many variables to account for...

The whole global warming/environmental scheme has become like a religion. Things not in evidence believed by faith and worshiped as such. Deniers equal infidels...

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My SIL is a ER Doc at hospital in South Bend. Hes been working directly with the Kung Flu patients. Was told he'll be looking at a 20% pay cut if they dont get back to normal soon. Normal meaning opening the hospital back up to all procedures.
    That seems fair, right? Front line of this supposed pandemic and gets to take a pay cut.

Time to open the damn state back up!

Tell him not to worry, when we open back up they will have a HUGE surge in patients. Huge I tell ya. The whole hospital will be FULL.:rolleyes:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

WMD's in Iraq.
    and the $3trillion Covid-19 ready, shoot, aim data disaster.

I’ve seen a couple of posts like this from you now, if I didn’t know better I’d think you might be able to be convinced that big govt is not the answer....might even consider voting repu...er, maybe, libertarian? :D

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Well said.
    People seem to be ignoring the fact that the packing plants are open, I would assume they have taken all precautionary measures (at least after the first one went down) and if we just open up, throwing caution to the wind, i.e. no masks mandatory, several industries could be overwhelmed.
    Certainly not against opening up, but it seems to me the deniers and armchair quarterbacks still need some kind of convincing.

Also, we generally don’t trust the general public to make wise decisions, there are a whole lot of business owners that would let the dollar get in the way of making wise decisions to continue to prevent spread.

I know I sound like a sheeple here, and I hate that, I really do.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    When a dog comes down with mange, they don't quarantine the entire pound.
    They quarantine the infected INDIVDUAL.

This entire economic shutdown has done nothing more than prolong the inevitable.
    This virus will run it's course. No "shelter in place" order will prevent this.

Like everything else in this world,

Your fears do not trump my rights.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom