Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    In Minnesota non-critical businesses in industrial, manufacturing and office settings will be able to start operating on Monday.

Personally I was kinda hoping they would open up someplace else first, but here we go.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Illinois Gov. Pritzker extends stay-at-home order through end of May

I feel like we've heard this before. I do think the SIP orders have helped to mitigate the spread and flatten the curve to some degree, but it's getting harder and harder to buy into these predictions of "tens of thousands" of deaths.

So what happens when we reach the end of May? Won't this dire prediction still hold true, or will the 'Rona have magically evaporated by then?

I hope this doesn't give Holcomb any incentive to do the same, but I suspect it will.
    Illinois is just trying to milk the federal government for more money. That state was already bankrupt and this governor is hoping this will help cover up the Democrats failed financial policies and continued idiot decisions to further tank their economy and get federal emergency aid. I wouldnt give them a damn dime

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Illinois is just trying to milk the federal government for more money. That state was already bankrupt and this governor is hoping this will help cover up the Democrats failed financial policies and continued idiot decisions to further tank their economy and get federal emergency aid. I wouldnt give them a damn dime

When the repercussions are divorced from your decisions... They, like many (maybe most/all) states and cities, are indeed betting the feds will simply print more money and get them off the hook(s) for spending it as fast as they could tax it.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    From the Worldometers website.

NEW: The first phase of results from a statewide antibody study are in.We collected approximately 3,000 antibody samples from 40 locations in 19 counties.Preliminary estimates show a 13.9% infection rate.

Percent positive by region:Long Island: 16.7%
    NYC: 21.2%
    Westchester/Rockland: 11.7%
    Rest of state: 3.6%

(Weighted results)

Percent positive by demographic:Female: 12%
    Male: 15.9%Asian: 11.7%
    Black: 22.1%
    Latino/Hispanic: 22.5%
    Multi/None/Other: 22.8%
    White: 9.1%(Weighted results)

Where the information came from.
    https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/1253352837255438338

I will wait to draw any conclusions until I see the study.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

All true...but their numbers are still climbing.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Small Business Owner Gets Coronavirus Relief Loan To Keep Employees On Payroll. Now Her Employees Are Angry

This is what happens when government pays more to people for not working.

Black-Lewis held a virtual employee meeting to explain that everyone would start receiving paychecks again thanks to the loans, thinking her staff would be ecstatic to get their income back. Unfortunately, due to the flat $600-a-week increase in weekly unemployment benefits included in the $2.2 trillion coronavirus relief bill, it meant some of her employees would earn more being unemployed than if they were to get their jobs back.

“It was a firestorm of hatred about the situation,” Black-Lewis told CNBC of her virtual meeting with employees.

Naturally, her employees had done the math and figured this out, but because Black-Lewis was now offering them their jobs back, they would likely lose those government benefits.

“It’s a windfall they see coming,” Black-Lewis said about the increased unemployment benefits. “In their mind, I took it away.”

“I couldn’t believe it,” she added, according to CNBC. “On what planet am I competing with unemployment?”

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I'm confused. Do we base policy on anecdotal evidence or not? Honestly, this meme it utterly ridiculous.

94342203_3010339615654626_1418845822077894656_n.jpg

Remove stay home and insert turn in guns.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If he doesn't theres probably going to be riots.

And if he DOES, there might be riots. There are going to be a lot of people pissed that they have to go back to their jobs when they could have been hanging out at home and making nearly double the money with unemployment + $600. You have to be making around $20 an hour or more to match what people are getting for staying at home and watching Netflix. People with careers have to go back to work. People with jobs? Maybe not so much. At least until the gravy train runs out.

Pandemic relief should have never been tied to employment. If they were gonna hand out Benjamins, every taxpayer should have received a set lump sum per month until the end of the relief period. That way, essential workers get a windfall to compensate for their increased risk and people out of work get money to keep their heads above water until we get back to business.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    :):

Language: They say "bs" a couple of times.

[video=youtube;IF2RYhNhBdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF2RYhNhBdw[/video]

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I commented on an article for wish tv on Facebook. I simply said we needed to think about the economy and open up. You would think I was hitler for saying it. People went crazy with hate.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    And if he DOES, there might be riots. There are going to be a lot of people pissed that they have to go back to their jobs when they could have been hanging out at home and making nearly double the money with unemployment + $600. You have to be making around $20 an hour or more to match what people are getting for staying at home and watching Netflix. People with careers have to go back to work. People with jobs? Maybe not so much. At least until the gravy train runs out.

Pandemic relief should have never been tied to employment. If they were gonna hand out Benjamins, every taxpayer should have received a set lump sum per month until the end of the relief period. That way, essential workers get a windfall to compensate for their increased risk and people out of work get money to keep their heads above water until we get back to business.

I make $30/hr and it pays more to stay home. I'm ready to get back to work, though. I'm bored

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom