Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1253473851209474048

I am sorry,but Trump does not understand this in any way. Talking about using UV(means UV-C)outside and inside the body to treat covid-19. Then goes on to say disinfectants can kill it in 1 minute,and looks to the doctor and says we are looking into injecting this into the body to clean it and you know it gets into the lungs. Yes,this was in his press conference 4/23/2020

sigh. I thought it was bad when he was at the NIH and asked why the flu vaccine did not stop covid-19,and had to have it explained to him(along with what a virus was). This is worse.

Video at the link. I do not know what to say about his complete lack of understanding.

I support Trump and have. But this is getting insane.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    That's funny!
    He'll figure it out after the docs reprimand him.

It sound like he mixed a few things up and turned them all around from the info he just heard before the briefing. :):

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    That's funny!
    He'll figure it out after the docs reprimand him.

It sound like he mixed a few things up and turned them all around from the info he just heard before the briefing. :):

I find zero humor in it. The man leading the country not understanding what UV does do human cells externally,much less internally. And injecting disinfectant into humans to clean out the virus.

None of that is amusing and scares the crap out of me.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'm just curious what the real remedy was before he messed it up.

Hey...
    He's no doctor. He knows that and so do we. He'll just blow it off. Its not like they're going to let him operate or anything.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Trump messing up science facts doesn’t scare me near as much as people not wanting to work because they make more on unemployment. The left just scored more votes for UBI and people will think it is all free.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    There's a legitimate debate about what to do when....but whatever the decision is, it's can't be based upon the subjective observations of people who only see the worst of the worst cases...no matter how honorable their intentions are.
    100% agreed.
    I believe each business owner has the right to decide for himself how and when to operate his business. Whether they want their customers to “socially distance” or wear ppe should be up to the owner, not the government!

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Trump messing up science facts doesn’t scare me near as much as people not wanting to work because they make more on unemployment. The left just scored more votes for UBI and people will think it is all free.

It really is sad.

That said 1200 per person is a drop in the bucket compared to the 6 trillion the fed has on its balance sheet. More than two trillion of which has been in the last month buying junk bonds,ETF's,MBS,and lots of garbage from the market...while the US treasury fronts 285 billion(thanks to that 2 trillion bailout) for banks to use as collateral.

Our entire system of finance is so corrupt I do not think it can be saved. I am not the only one thinking the fed has lost its mind.
    Not that I like him but he does have a point.

In finance, most surprising to me is that despite the trillions the US is adding to our budget deficit and national debt, investors (many foreign) will lend the US a virtually limitless supply of dlrs for .6 pct for 10 years.
    https://twitter.com/lloydblankfein/status/1253332694139715586

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    I find zero humor in it. The man leading the country not understanding what UV does do human cells externally,much less internally. And injecting disinfectant into humans to clean out the virus.

If you listen to this objectively, I think he was repeating what he misheard. He looked like he had no idea about this new treatment and this was experimental. He wasnt throwing the idea out there himself but regurgitating what he thought he heard.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    About those black market burgers....

Hong Kong Customs yesterday (April 22) conducted an anti-smuggling operation and detected a suspected smuggling case using speedboats and barges in the waters off Hong Kong International Airport. About 162 tonnes of suspected smuggled frozen meat with an estimated market value of about $6.5 million were seized and 15 persons were arrested.

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/202004/23/P2020042300526.htm

Coming to a theater near you.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    he'll find a way to blame someone else

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

It’s obvious you don’t understand 4D chess.

​Or whatever D we’re up to now.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    You know what? I still believe that if the global situation does go boobs up, the US will in fact be the last man standing. At this point, all systems are corrupt, but we are still large enough, and even yet still have enough people willing to make money and go out on a limb. I do think we will be the last ones still operating.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    About those black market burgers....

Hong Kong Customs yesterday (April 22) conducted an anti-smuggling operation and detected a suspected smuggling case using speedboats and barges in the waters off Hong Kong International Airport. About 162 tonnes of suspected smuggled frozen meat with an estimated market value of about $6.5 million were seized and 15 persons were arrested.

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/202004/23/P2020042300526.htm

Coming to a theater near you.

Wow! The old McBarge trick. They are going to smack them hard. But at least the cops will have meat.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not quite, and maybe Jamil's post explains it better. There are definitely two extremes, and then there are more rational positions. I find it a little weird that there even are positions to be taken on it, and we can't just discuss and agree on what we're seeing... instead fighting over each other's information and sources for some reason... because we don't like what we're reading? That's what I'm curious about... why fight against information? But maybe you nailed it here...

I think I did consider this when I was thinking of some of the people here that want to downplay it... Perhaps it's a libertarian mindset that wants to keep it mild in order to prevent more government intrusion into our rights/lives? I can get that, I tend to do the same when it comes to things that matter to me... guns, games, etc...

I don't... "politics" probably not the right word, since even on "the right" here on INGO, there are some big gaps in agreement. "Politics" was probably a bad label to use in my initial question, but I expect some with strong views on the topic here have those views because it could benefit their party of choice.

Like I said above, I just find it so weird to argue about something that should be pretty black-and-white as to what's going on. As far as what we should be doing, as you say... the "never open" sorts of positions... that's not 100% what I was getting at.

I'm talking about a person posting a report of a death count or rise in infections, and being argued with over it as though it just didn't happen. Or people that keep comparing the deaths to other things that also cause death for some reason. Maybe they want to temper the hype... I get that... but this also is a big deal, and that can't be denied. I don't know anyone that has died to the flu. I do know people that have gotten, and died, from this virus.

I think Trump's doing fine handling it. I'm looking forward to things getting back to semi-normal. I'm very against keeping things closed, and easing back into having people go to work. My office will likely be slowly bringing people in, little by little. I'm glad I can work from home with relative ease, and lucky to have that option. I know not everyone does... and that must be very difficult to deal with.

If the reports about cytokine storms end up being true, that's pretty serious. I know we don't know everything right now, and I'm sure we'll know more after this all blows over... but I see nothing wrong with being overly, but reasonably, cautious. When someone posts something, I just want to understand why anyone would feel inclined to seek out reasons that person may be wrong. What does it hurt, or change? Maybe conflicting reports will come out, so let's share those with each other so we can all stay on the same page... and obviously ignoring stories that have a bias/angle (Pro-China propaganda is rampant right now)

OK. I'm rambling. I'm pessimistic about how much freedom/privacy we're going to lose in the wake of this.
    I think it’s like I said, when belief is involved, reactions to information are deterministic. People have already decided what truth is. People will be highly critical of information that refutes what they believe, and will be overly accepting of information that confirms it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    NO!

You need to take a Lysol can into a very small room, like a walkin closet or bathroom. Empty the entire can into the air (2 cans if you have them) just like a bug fogger. Then stand in the room and inhale deeply at least 10 time while standing. Then again while sitting, and one more time while laying on the floor. Then repeat entire procedure 3 times.

So somebody let me know...

I have a syringe full of Lysol... am I supposed to shoot it into my arm to kill this thing or not?!?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    NO!

You need to take a Lysol can into a very small room, like a walkin closet or bathroom. Empty the entire can into the air (2 cans if you have them) just like a bug fogger. Then stand in the room and inhale deeply at least 10 time while standing. Then again while sitting, and one more time while laying on the floor. Then repeat entire procedure 3 times.

Im assuming when I pass out and continue breathing, that will count towards the laying down part?

Man, these cures are getting tougher and tougher. Can’t we just go back to Campbell’s soup and 7 up?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom