• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/business/tyson-pork-plant-iowa-coronavirus/index.html

Tyson Foods is closing its largest pork plant as a growing number of workers become ill from coronavirus infections.

The plant, located in Waterloo, Iowa, had already slowed production because many of its 2,800 workers had been calling out sick. The Black Hawk County health department linked the Tyson plant to 182 of the county's 374 Covid-19 cases.

93974844_2887415618003535_3988320310536437760_o.jpg

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They have not even the foggiest idea of what has or will happen. Their models failed spectacularly, they do not even know when it started and the evidence of that is piling up. In the wake of the Stanford research that indicates that way more than presumed to have had C-19 have had it comes this:

Autopsy: Santa Clara patient died of COVID-19 on Feb. 6 — 23 days before 1st U.S. death declared

Health officials said Tuesday that new autopsy results show a patient in Santa Clara, Calif., died of COVID-19 on Feb. 6, several weeks before the United States declared its first novel coronavirus death.

The finding suggests that the virus was circulating in the San Francisco Bay Area earlier than previously thought.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Santa-Clara-county-coronavirus-February-deaths-15217371.php

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Are you simply saying that because you like the results, or have you found something in the studies? :dunno:

The ROKs are the ones I'm familiar with. They have 163 (I believe) people who at one time tested negative and now test positive. There is no evidence I'm aware of that they are in any way contagious, unless you think the ROKs are covering it up. The most popular hypothesis is that there may be resevoirs of virus in parts of the body where it takes longer to clear and the very sensitive PCR tests are picking up residue of that clearing. I believe the ROKs have tried to culture active virus from these people and failed and I am unaware of any of them suffering renewed symptoms/illness

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I would also throw in that there is alot we don't actually know about this particular virus and how it works. And, that could even be changing in the environment.

That's not disinformation or fearmongering, it is just an observation.

Well, the trouble with our overlord friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't true.

if you don't know what the hell you are dealing with, maybe don't suicide our country.:dunno:

when you are seeing doctors, PAs, NPs, nurses, etc fired because there is no patients during "the worst pandemic in 100 years" I think it's safe to say our response to this was wrong.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, the trouble with our overlord friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't true.

if you don't know what the hell you are dealing with, maybe don't suicide our country.:dunno:

when you are seeing doctors, PAs, NPs, nurses, etc fired because there is no patients during "the worst pandemic in 100 years" I think it's safe to say our response to this was wrong.

I just saw this on the news at noon today. Unreal. And then to think of all the people that put off non-Covid related surgeries and procedures that might have been life-saving or at the least quality of life improving... that's another "cost" that is added to this whole thing.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I just saw this on the news at noon today. Unreal. And then to think of all the people that put off non-Covid related surgeries and procedures that might have been life-saving or at the least quality of life improving... that's another "cost" that is added to this whole thing.

what was the news saying? I didn't see anything

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

On the other hand - how many of these people would have had their successful life-saving procedure and then died - not from the procedure but from catching the chinese virus when they were extremely vulnerable?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They have not even the foggiest idea of what has or will happen. Their models failed spectacularly, they do not even know when it started and the evidence of that is piling up. In the wake of the Stanford research that indicates that way more than presumed to have had C-19 have had it comes this

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Santa-Clara-county-coronavirus-February-deaths-15217371.php

Correct. First US death three weeks earlier than thought, and in Cali not Washington

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52385558
    Coronavirus: First US deaths weeks earlier than thought

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    what was the news saying? I didn't see anything

Basically what you said. That people weren't using ER's (specifically) even for cases that should require emergent care. Also that there was an excess in beds, ventilators, etc.. They simply haven't seen the number of Covid cases that they were expecting, but haven't reduced the restrictions, so they have all these people on staff that have nothing to do. I saw it on WTHR.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    On the other hand - how many of these people would have had their successful life-saving procedure and then died - not from the procedure but from catching the chinese virus when they were extremely vulnerable?

Beats me, but if there aren't enough Covid patients to fill their existing capacity, it seems like they could be isolated to a single wing easily enough while keeping the rest of the hospital open.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom