• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Include the semi governmental Federal reserve,state spending,and municipal spending. It is over 50% in government spending well before we were spending trillions on covid19 bailouts and shut everything down.

State and municipal governments 5.7 trillion. https://www.bea.gov/data/government/receipts-and-expenditures

Federal reserve 5.2 trillion.https://www.federalreserve.gov/publications/2018-ar-federal-system-budgets.htm

US total gdp was 21.73 trillion.

We had problems way before 2020.

That is the government taking a lot of funds from the private sector.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    [FONT=&amp]The immune response, including duration of immunity, to SARS-CoV-2 infection is not yet understood. Patients with MERS-CoV are unlikely to be re-infected shortly after they recover, but it is not yet known whether similar immune protection will be observed for patients with COVID-19.
    [/FONT]https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/faq.html

Your report may be a bit dated,based on nothing but information from China. Published online 2020 Mar 5

Posting a FAQ from the CDC which is the scientific rote response of "we don't know what we don't know" doesn't support anything. Go to PubMed there's some more studies there for you.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm referring to his statement regarding how now it looks like you can get re-infected.

Yeah- like everything in life, there are outliers. So far, it appears to be a very small number. Some people will get reinfected, but that will be due to the idiosyncrasies of their immune systems.

Also, there is much speculation about mutation which will prevent "lifetime" immunity", but that doesn't really scare me. Well, that's the thing with this being a "novel" virus. We don't have antibodies that fight it back, even if they don't fight it off. Ever heard "this years's flu vaccine doesn't quite match the circulating strain, but getting your flu shot can help the infection to be less severe." It's true. Another thing about this being a "novel" virus is that in the most severe cases, it seems to be the body's own immune system that jumps in to cause heightened damage. If you have antibodies (in one of 2 ways) that are related to the strain you end up contracting, the body is less likely to "overreact"...even if you get sick.

In other words, while there are no guarantees, once the vast majority of people have antibodies, it is possible that, over time, COVID-19 may become more like the "really bad flu" that people called it 2 months ago, not because the disease has changed, but because our immune systems have become more equipped to deal with it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Last year on my home planet I could go inside a grocery store and get what I wanted and I could go to hockey games - all without wearing masks and gloves and risking my life to do it.
    This year there is more risk because there is a new chinese virus ADDED onto all the risks there were before.

The risk was always there, you just act different now that you have seen it closer...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The risk was always there, you just act different now that you have seen it closer...

No, the risk from this new chinese virus has not been here before - hence the "novel" part. This ain't as difficult as roasting marshmallows - there is a new virus around and it has a risk associated with it. This risk is added to all the other risks and makes the total risk greater.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I think everyone feels the frustration of the really poor information being spread around about any aspect of anything these days, especially this chinese virus.

Part of it is the media publishing distorted information and even outright lies.
    Part of it is bulls*** "studies" that are not fact-finding at all but just crappy attempts to spread their propaganda for their agenda.
    Part of it is poor reporting of information from the sources(hospitals and county governments) to state and federal centers.
    Part of it state and federal centers not able to process the data in a reliable fashion.
    Part of it is national, regional and city governments lying to make their jurisdiction appear the way they wish to make it appear.
    Part of it is changing definitions on the fly which may or may not be driven by personal bias of persons in positions to change those definitions.

Overall there is enough crap out there that you can use to support just about any view you want to take.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I would also throw in that there is alot we don't actually know about this particular virus and how it works. And, that could even be changing in the environment.

That's not disinformation or fearmongering, it is just an observation.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And so, the beatings will continue until morale improves, or we understand the virology.

Good luck.

For what it's worth (if anything) from what I have observed (here and elsewhere) if the sun is out and it's moderately warm, people seem more optimistic. Gray skies, gray attitudes.....

....and the actual virus has nothing to do with it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    For what it's worth (if anything) from what I have observed (here and elsewhere) if the sun is out and it's moderately warm, people seem more optimistic. Gray [STRIKE]skies[/STRIKE] hair, gray attitudes.....

FIFY :):

Old Farts are mean!

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    For what it's worth (if anything) from what I have observed (here and elsewhere) if the sun is out and it's moderately warm, people seem more optimistic. Gray skies, gray attitudes.....

It is snowing here. Not much,but some.High was supposed to be 41F but it did not get over 38 :(

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It is snowing here. Not much,but some.High was supposed to be 41F but it did not get over 38 :(

Sucks to be you. Think I'll go to the park.

:)

Weather.jpg

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just checked my Township- 3 total cases, 3 recoveries, 0 deaths.

The rest of you can SUCK IT!

Just checked my county. Almost 5k tested, 624 positive, 41 dead, in a population of about 340k. That's about: 1.5% of population tested, 13% of those tested are positive (naturally, the actual positive is likely far higher), and the (known) mortality rate is about 6.5%.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Millions of people are working, yet millions are forced to stay home. If this virus was so bad why aren't the millions working through it getting it by the thousands and dying by the thousands? Quarantine half the work force and let the other half work does not make sense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom