• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Basically what you said. That people weren't using ER's (specifically) even for cases that should require emergent care. Also that there was an excess in beds, ventilators, etc.. They simply haven't seen the number of Covid cases that they were expecting, but haven't reduced the restrictions, so they have all these people on staff that have nothing to do. I saw it on WTHR.

thanks. exactly. once you realize you effed up it's time to correct it. now they are tripling down and will NEVER say sorry or accept responsibility for their mistakes

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The C-19 were isolated already...

Right, but they were eliminating the elective surgeries, etc. in anticipation of the extra capacity that they thought they would need. That never materialized, so they have empty beds, and employees with nothing to do, so they are cutting staffing rather than opening up the now idle capacity.

Something, something... paved with good intentions...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Did they completely redo the HVAC systems to isolate the wing? Or did they just put all the chinese virus patients in one wing and then blow virus containing air all over them and the rest of the hospital?

My understanding is modern hospitals utilize contained HVAC systems. It would be pretty stupid not too...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    My understanding is modern hospitals utilize contained HVAC systems. It would be pretty stupid not too...

What does "contained" HVAC mean? I have been in a lot of hospitals and worked in a two in particular for quite a few years and I saw open doors all over the place and huge open hallways between wings.

Also how many hospitals are what you would call modern hospitals? I don't mean the surgical suites or the equipment - I mean the buildings and the HVAC systems.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What does "contained" HVAC mean? I have been in a lot of hospitals and worked in a two in particular for quite a few years and I saw open doors all over the place and huge open hallways between wings.

Also how many hospitals are what you would call modern hospitals? I don't mean the surgical suites or the equipment - I mean the buildings and the HVAC systems.

Generally, it's a negative pressure system for an isolation area as I understand it, so that air is being pulled in, and not blown out into the general area/system.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Generally, it's a negative pressure system for an isolation area as I understand it, so that air is being pulled in, and not blown out into the general area/system.

Yeah, some rooms have that in the hospital ships and in the emergency hospitals they recently put together specifically for the chinese virus outbreak. I wonder how many rooms have that in a typical hospital.

There was one video posted earlier where a general was talking and he said they were able to renovate existing hospital rooms to have negative pressure pretty quickly. That implies that the rooms needed renovation. I suspect many, many average hospital rooms do not have negative pressure capability and I bet this renovation is not cheap. This comes at a time when many hospitals are severely lacking income and may not be able to afford such an expense.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For what it's worth (if anything) from what I have observed (here and elsewhere) if the sun is out and it's moderately warm, people seem more optimistic. Gray skies, gray attitudes.....

....and the actual virus has nothing to do with it.
    It’s been a beautiful sunny Wednesday in Southern Indiana. Went on a bike ride. Pretty good day all around. I’m neither optimistic or pessimistic. I’m trying to keep it real as I can manage.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Law Enforcement Insurrection? Houston Police Union Criticizes Harris County Judge’s “Idiotic” Mandatory Mask-Wearing Order

“It is clear the so-called leader of Harris County, lacks any critical thinking skills, but let me assure the public, our officers do! The last thing any of us need to do is kick our community while they are down.”

After watching people in public, simply wearing a mask without instruction on how to do it properly, has only the most marginal of effect.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    93302037_3080992375256443_6588032472565415936_o.jpg
    Now that's a pretty insensitive sign. You don't think that someone with a different view than the protesters would act like they are one of the protesters and try to make them look bad with a sign like that do you?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    After watching people in public, simply wearing a mask without instruction on how to do it properly, has only the most marginal of effect.

I have to laugh when I see a "news" report showing supposedly smart people wearing masks that only cover their mouth, leaving their nose hanging out in the wind.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Now that's a pretty insensitive sign. You don't think that someone with a different view than the protesters would act like they are one of the protesters and try to make them look bad with a sign like that do you?

Or just a publicity hound. A Bernie bro was at one of the rallies with a swastika pretending to be part of the group. Of course the MSM all reported it but no one reported this after conservative bloggers dug it up...

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    At Meijer yesterday, saw a lady doing the shop and scan app deal. Pick something up, Clorox wipe it, put it in its individual bag, tie the bag, put it in the cart. For every item she was buying. She had a mask. It was around her neck.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County

I've heard pretty much the same sentiment expressed in this forum. So....it wouldn't surprise me that this is a real sign/protester.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom