• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Well at least in the USA they updated how to BILL for a coronavirus test.
    It does not work until April 1st though....the irony.
    "2019 Novel Coronavirus Real Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Test Panel may bill for that test using the newly created HCPCS code (U0001). The Medicare claims processing system will be able to accept this code on April 1, 2020 "

https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/press-...rt-cms-develops-new-code-coronavirus-lab-test

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    This is 4 days old.Warning if you can not take politically incorrect humor about this disaster to not watch it.Language warning as well.
    He does however tell some hard truths.I may or may not have sent him some links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTSArbaXYyE&t=2359s

South Korea and Vietnam are asking millions to stay home to avoid coronavirus as more people get infected and die outside of China

Mayor Kwon Young-jin made the request. According to The Guardian, he told reporters: “We are in an unprecedented crisis.” The request to stay home does not have the force of law.

Daegu, where all 2.5 million citizens have been encouraged by the local government to stay home whenever possible.
    https://www.businessinsider.nl/coro...-outside-china-2020-2?international=true&r=US

Last edited:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Conspiracy theory beliefs or not, the Chinese government is the source of this bioweapon.

Actually that is not true. Conspiracy theorists say the Russians released in china a bioweapon to target asians so the Chinese would think it was the US that released the virus so the Chinese could justify releasing a bio weapon here in the states and the Russians swoop in pick up the pieces and take over the world. Makes sense if you think about it

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Actually that is not true. Conspiracy theorists say the Russians released in china a bioweapon to target asians so the Chinese would think it was the US that released the virus so the Chinese could justify releasing a bio weapon here in the states and the Russians swoop in pick up the pieces and take over the world. Makes sense if you think about it

Only to James Bond

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Passengers on Cruise Ships
    U.S. citizens should reconsider travel by cruise ship to or within East Asia and the Asia-Pacific Region. U.S. citizens planning travel by cruise ship elsewhere should be aware that, due to the current public health situation, many countries have implemented strict screening procedures in order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus that causesCOVID-19. This is a dynamic situation and U.S. citizens traveling by ship may be impacted by travel restrictions affecting their itineraries or ability to disembark, or may be subject to quarantine procedures implemented by the local authorities. While the U.S. government has successfully evacuated hundreds of our citizens in the previous weeks, repatriation flights should not be relied upon as an option for U.S. citizens under the potential risk of quarantine by local authorities. U.S. citizens should evaluate the risks associated with choosing to remain in an area that may be subject to quarantine and take the appropriate proactive measures. Passengers who plan to travel by cruise ship should contact their cruise line companies directly for further information on the current rules and restrictions, and continue to monitor the Travel.state.gov website for updated information.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr.../novel-coronavirus-hubei-province--china.html

Cruise ship industry.
    https://i.imgur.com/3DO1FmF.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Passengers on Cruise Ships
    U.S. citizens should reconsider travel by cruise ship to or within East Asia and the Asia-Pacific Region. U.S. citizens planning travel by cruise ship elsewhere should be aware that, due to the current public health situation, many countries have implemented strict screening procedures in order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus that causesCOVID-19. This is a dynamic situation and U.S. citizens traveling by ship may be impacted by travel restrictions affecting their itineraries or ability to disembark, or may be subject to quarantine procedures implemented by the local authorities. While the U.S. government has successfully evacuated hundreds of our citizens in the previous weeks, repatriation flights should not be relied upon as an option for U.S. citizens under the potential risk of quarantine by local authorities. U.S. citizens should evaluate the risks associated with choosing to remain in an area that may be subject to quarantine and take the appropriate proactive measures. Passengers who plan to travel by cruise ship should contact their cruise line companies directly for further information on the current rules and restrictions, and continue to monitor the Travel.state.gov website for updated information.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr.../novel-coronavirus-hubei-province--china.html

Cruise ship industry.
    https://i.imgur.com/3DO1FmF.jpg

There have been enough cases of the much less serious norovirus on cruise ships that I have no desire to go on one of those floating petri dishes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There have been enough cases of the much less serious norovirus on cruise ships that I have no desire to go on one of those floating petri dishes.

Sardine cans. Screw that. Spouse wanted to take a Cruise. I told her go ahead. I am good. She stayed home.....:):

If you want that experience just go to vegas. All that without the water.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sardine cans. Screw that. Spouse wanted to take a Cruise. I told her go ahead. I am good. She stayed home.....:):

If you want that experience just go to vegas. All that without the water.

I've always said the only way I'd take a cruise is if they let me drive the boat, and stop where I want to stop, and when I want to stop. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've always said the only way I'd take a cruise is if they let me drive the boat, and stop where I want to stop, and when I want to stop. :):

CKW and I have been to several of the Virgin Islands and other ports where these huge petri dish sardine cans stop.
    No way in hell you could get me on one of those.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, I'm reading that they think this coronavirus can also be transmitted through fecal material. And we already know that it moves through areas where people live in crowded and unsanitary conditions. LA and SFO would seem to be quite unhealthy places to be if/when this really gets rolling, SEA and PDX too

The 'California liberal problem' may take care of itself. Perhaps the idea of building the wall along the California border isn't so far off after all

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Smaller town in Italy locking things down.
    Coronavirus: Six people infected in Lombardy

Rome, February 21 - The first six people have been infected with the coronavirus in Italy, all in Lombardy, regional health councillor Giulio Gallera said Friday.
    They are all about 40.
    Gallera urged people to stay at home and avoid social contact.
    He said some 250 people had been placed in isolation and would be tested for the deadly virus.
    All six are in serious condition, Lombardy Governor Attilio Fontana said. "For the first time we have moved from cases of importation to cases of local circulation of the virus".
    The first case is a man, 38, who is believed to have got the virus after dining with a friend who had come back from China.
    Lombardy welfare councilor Giulio Gallera urged all residents of Codogno and nearby Castiglione d'Adda to stay at home as a precautionary measure and avoid all social contact.
    More at the source

https://www.ansa.it/english/newswir...y-4_4d8c8975-04ba-422d-976a-e397861f3792.html

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    [FONT=&quot]Expanded screening for the coronavirus has been postponed amid issues with a test developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Although the Trump administration had planned to expand screening to various state and local public health labs, only three of more than 100 such labs nationwide have verified the CDC’s test for use.The CDC has also had to postpone its plans to screen samples collected during flu surveillance for the virus using public health labs in Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle.One of the three reagents upon which the test hinges produced inconclusive results during a quality check, Kelly Wroblewski, director of infectious diseases at the American Association of Public Health Laboratories
    More at the source.
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...s-test-pose-challenges-for-expanded-screening[/FONT]

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Iran's health ministry: "Based on existing reports, the spread of coronavirus started in Qom [and] has now reached several cities ... including Tehran, Babol, Arak, Isfahan, Rasht and other cities and it's possible that it exists in all cities in Iran" - Reuters

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom