• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I've been concerned about the contact tracing, too. Almost no mention of it.

The patient privacy laws are probably interfering.

"We understand that you had contact with John Doe last week. You might want to get tested for coronavirus. Oh, and who have you come in contact with in the last week?"

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    The sad part(other than the person being in the hospital) is that it took 4 days to confirm they had covid-19. 4 Days after they where admitted into the hospital.

No mention of contact tracing?

Where the person worked ect?

The lack of information is causing spread for sure.

Serious question: At what point does contact tracing become non-productive? Once the spread is wide enough with enough "community spread" going on, at some point the effort to use this containment tool goes beyond resource availability and/or does little since there are so many known and unknown infected people that most everyone has come into at least minimal contact with someone infected.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Serious question: At what point does contact tracing become non-productive? Once the spread is wide enough with enough "community spread" going on, at some point the effort to use this containment tool goes beyond resource availability and/or does little since there are so many known and unknown infected people that most everyone has come into at least minimal contact with someone infected.

It will still help.
    Lets say they have a daughter who works at a grocery store. Getting that daughter out of that store will stop her from spreading it.
    Leaving her say stocking shelves will cause massive spread.

Just giving up and saying no point in contact tracing because it is endemic is idiotic.

I takes contact tracing to make isolating and social distancing to be effective.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Kids, what uncle Alpo is referring to is a machine that we used to use... or our parents and grandparents... to stitch cloth together. If you'll notice, those leggings you're wearing have seams. A robot does that now, but back in the last century, people still made clothes at home and would use a "sewing machine" to sew the pieces of material together.

Next week, we'll talk about a device that magically takes wrinkles out of clothes. Its called an "iron." Like the metal.

The more you know....

(Ellipsis for the win.)

The only sewing machines we have now are lawyers. Oh wait, Or is that suing? Crap

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Ordered shelter in place or not, plenty of people will ignore it. There aren’t any good options for dealing with those people, or even disproving whatever story they give for being out of the house. Maybe they can scare a few more into staying inside, but that’s about it.

As a Christian, I do not want to give up any of my religious rights, but still, some things make sense, and some things don't:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-police-church-defy-state-order

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think they have the right to gather in worship.

Doesn't make it a good idea.

I'll get the band to spread out a bit.

9f124c73bad2fd007b5d8c226f7807ff.jpg

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I know for a fact that people are being told, by Docs that they DO have Corona but don't bother coming into hospital unless you have major trouble breathing. People are not being tested because we have no kits. It is impossible to get an accurate count the way it's being handled. Not saying anybody could have done any better but the numbers are just plain wrong. China isn't the only one that sells disinformation to it's people.
    Won't cross post, but, this looks like it may get personal to my wife and I due to the ineptness of health/ service providers in and out of the local school district :xmad:

Bob

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'll get the band to spread out a bit.

9f124c73bad2fd007b5d8c226f7807ff.jpg

I have a didjeridoo hanging on my wall just across the room from me that I bought in Australia when I visited in 2000. I never got the hang of circular breathing, but I can "kinda" play it, such as it is. Thing that's a little off-putting is the name of the wood that it's made from... Wooly Butt. :n00b:

Interesting fact. All authentic didjeridoos are hollowed out by termites, and traditionally only males are allowed to play them by tribal law.

I now return you to your regular panic, which is already in progress. :)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    As a Christian, I do not want to give up any of my religious rights, but still, some things make sense, and some things don't:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-police-church-defy-state-order

Spell said his church, which normally has more than 1,000 attendees on Sunday across five locations, will be distributing “anointed handkerchiefs” to provide members with “healing virtues.”

That's not Christianity - that's snake-oil con games.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Oooh, that reminds me: I traded CM a nice 4" 686-6 a few months back. I should ask if he'll leave it to me in his will.

But then again, considering he was able to fight his way through WWI with just a 1911, he'll probably out live us all.
    You just don’t get it do you. You’ve been a denier in this whole thread. He’s gone. He’s gone already, I read it on INGO!

I sure will miss him, and I never even got to meet him.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You just don’t get it do you. You’ve been a denier in this whole thread. He’s gone. He’s gone already, I read it on INGO!

I sure will miss him, and I never even got to meet him.
    I think I heard that in a Beatles song, but you have to play it backwards at 78 rpm to make it out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom